Clubplanet Nightlife Community

new club on long island called twilo...

scoob-e

i was at school today and saw a flyer for a new club called "twilo" in long beach, even had the same symbol as twilo did (had to double check the 1 bottle of twilo water i saved to make sure). i frgot to bring the flyer home today, ill grab one tomorrow and scan/upload to a site for a laugh.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eeeeeewww...

Dont take this the wrong way but Long Island Clubs Suck...

some of my friends are bouncers are some clubs and they suck even if youre comped for the whole night... I.e Plush, CYBERIA, OZ, CHELSEA STREET,club deep ( i think was another), BVYC (uggh makes me want to vomit)...

IMO.

Originally posted by apotheosis

and the Long Island folk think the dirty city is full of drugged out losers that go there to just get fucked up.

and so on and so on...

i dont think that is totaly true, im from long island and i love city clubs. i wish i could go more often infact but i gotta make a complete night of it because of how the train schedule is comming home. ill def go check this club out in long beach cuz its only about 5 mins from where i live and it sure beats having to wait in penn station for an hour. at least it will give me somethign to do on a friday night that wont take the whole night and make me miss work in the morning :)

peace out

gianni

Originally posted by seamus9009

Long Island needs all the help it can get.... apparently our clubs suck

oh yea, definatly, our clubs suck!! thats why i think it would be cool if a new one opens up. apperently they are takin on such a huge name and people would be dissapointed if it wasnt decent so i think that they are gonna make it pretty good.

peace out

gianni

Originally posted by apotheosis

and the Long Island folk think the dirty city is full of drugged out losers that go there to just get fucked up.

and so on and so on...

So not true :D I looooooove manhattan and I made the freakin' 40 minute drive there usually 2 to 3 times every weekend... And I still can't get enough. DC just doesn't compare... :(

Originally posted by ggfella4

oh yea, definatly, our clubs suck!! thats why i think it would be cool if a new one opens up. apperently they are takin on such a huge name and people would be dissapointed if it wasnt decent so i think that they are gonna make it pretty good.

peace out

gianni

Good Point...

Originally posted by dgmodel

Good Point...

its true though...if i was the one opening up this club and i decided to take the name Twilo, i would make this club unbelievable because 1) no one would go if they make it shitty and 2) whenever people talk about Twilo they will say all the good things about the city one and then say , oh yea remember that ghetto ass one they tried to open on LI, that club sucked. A new club owner definatly doesnt want either of that.

peace out

gianni

its kinda hard to have a banging club on the island cause no big time dj's wanna spin here...and if they do its only for 2 hours and secondly the club is only allowed to stay open until 4am anyway.. i have yet herd of a long island club being open past 4 and even when they are packed out all night some how they still manage to die out by 3:30 anyway

Originally posted by seamus9009

where in long beach would be be? i can't think of anywhere there..... unless it's in Island Park where Southbeach used to be (cuz i went by it the other day and it looked like it was closed down)....

that probobly would be teh best place for it, i dont know of anywere in long beach where they would put it either.

peace out

gianni

Well, i'm a long island native, and having seen johnny vicious, jason ojeda, and others perform here (ONLY 40 min. from the city) i'd say it'd do good for the island.

and last sunday, at long beach skate park, there was this kool electronic music show, which in my opinion rivals some of those in the city...

I mean, everywhere you got your skanky ho's and wife-beatin chumps, but long beach is a sweet place.... good food, beautiful boardwalk, and breathtaking sunsets

We all know it probably won't size up to THE Twilo, but if they start up right with good music and a nice system, it'd be dope

everybody must undertsand the relativeness of location

i mean obviously there can never be anything amazing anywhere out of a big city cause nobody goes there!!!!!

for example, this summer i wanted to go to space in south hampton but i didnt want to drive way out there from queens so i stayed in the city....but space might have worked just for the summer because poeple were vacationing out there so it might have filled up a bit and some cool dj'y ventured way out to the boondocks!!!!

otherwise poeple should appreciate anything halfway cool out there!

"its kinda hard to have a banging club on the island cause no big time dj's wanna spin here...and if they do its only for 2 hours and secondly the club is only allowed to stay open until 4am anyway.. i have yet herd of a long island club being open past 4 and even when they are packed out all night some how they still manage to die out by 3:30 anyway"

I beg to differ. Some LI clubs stay open past 4....of course usually for special occasions. But let's look at the situation a bit. How many of you have heard the city being real good lately.....not me. How many afterhours clubs still exist.....not too many....what DJ's have I heard on LI for longer than 2 hours.....Johnny V., Ojeda, Boris, Draper, Junior Vasquez, Danny Tenaglia, Razor & Guido of course, J. Time, Shawn Ink off the top of my head. Getting DJ's to spin there isn't the problem if you ask me......it's getting a decent club setup with a key location for parking, access and timing.....I think now is the chance with the WTC tragedy and all people have been avoiding the city. (I heard Cyberia was packed on Fri.):cool: