Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Quick poll please answer SHOULD PROMOTERS GIVE REVIEWS ON PARTIES THEY RUN/PROMOTE?

Should Promoters give reviews on parties they run/promote?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Should Promoters give reviews on parties they run/promote?

• Yes
    • No

trancend nice thought but promoting isnt about getting a comp its about throwing a party and making sure your people who come to experience the party leave happy. I mean if u go and check the posts i have put up and the reviews that i have done on my own parties theres a lot in there where i admitted the party sucked and was horrible. when you do a reply always remember to put the bad and the good things about your party because if u keep it one sided you might as well not give a review.

stephen

I say go for it. 'Cause even if you throw the best party in the world there will always be those people who think they are so much more experienced, so much more knowledgeable, so much more refined in their clubbing tastes than everyone else that all they can say anymore is negative. I feel sorry for these people because either they don't enjoy their club experiences or they are too insecure to say they liked something that maybe everyone else wouldn't. So, a good review from a promoter is not necessarily a bad thing. Also, as promoters, part of the idea is to sell the party. I agree with you, Stephen, that you should be honest about it and put the good with the bad, and really it's kind of lame to do anything otherwise, so I'd be willing to trust what is said there. Besides, promoters have the inside prospective. They know not only what happened but why -- if something sucked, if something went wrong, that's where you're going to get the whole story on it.

I wouldn't promote a party that I don't like in the first place. I think there's some promoters that do boost up there party by giving great reviews of it. But then you could really tell if it's a "promoter review." All in all they should be allowed to give reviews, I've seen a lot of promoters on the board give pretty honest reviews. That ones that don't, you could tell.

I think promoters should be allowed to give their opinions on their parties. I agree with Karch, if it's a promoter review you could easily tell. It would be something like "great crowd, the club was packed, great music" and then a reply would say "dude only 50 people showed up" Aside from those reviews, stuff that promoters say usually helps clubbers get new info about the party. Most promoters are pretty straight with their thoughts on the parties they're pushing; and most of the promoters reviews tend to be positive because...why would someone promote an event that they won't like in the first place?