Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Interesting Article in The New Times

pod

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/issues/2001-10-04/kulchur.html

It pretty much sums up the fact that the Miami entertainment scene and tourism industry are on their own...

It makes a valid point, one that I agree with....we've got to pull ourselves through this time...it's gonna be a bit drawn out in Afghanistan I think, so it may be a long time before we can get the tourist money back...so it's up to us locals to sustain the scene. Even if you go out, and not have a lot of drinks or food, it still contributes!

we are dealing with an economic downslide; which started long before the terrorist attacks. the terrorist attacks, certainly have affected the economy; as well as peoples genuine concern, for their safety. the unemployment rate in dade county, is at it’s highest rate; since hurricane andrew.

it would behoove are elected officials, to work with the hospitality businesses (restaurants, hotels, night clubs, etc); to encourage increased local business. offering special deals, reduced charges, etc; would certainly help. we cannot at this point, rely own our bread and butter; the tourism business.

dade county can survive this economic nightmare. however, it will take positive direction from our political leadership, creativeness from our hospitality businesses, and support from our community.

peace, sobeton

Originally posted by sobeton

dade county can survive this economic nightmare. however, it will take positive direction from our political leadership, creativeness from our hospitality businesses, and support from our community.

peace, sobeton

I agree 110% Tony

Yeah the job situation is horrible. Everyone that has a job should feel fortunate right now. X-Coworkers of mine have been looking for months and are considering changing professions. And these are people in the technology industry! There is some lame ass commercial on the radio about technology training and how you will make 87Gs a yr...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! :laugh: This is the funniest thing I have ever heard. What a newbie trap...they should be ashamed.

A writer-friend of mine said it's really only temporary...november brings the White Party, and that is a huge draw. Also, the Hamptons-neo-Great Gatsby crowd can't go to Europe this winter, so where will they head? hehe...

I hope he's right...

Originally posted by sobeton

we are dealing with an economic downslide; which started long before the terrorist attacks. the terrorist attacks, certainly have affected the economy; as well as peoples genuine concern, for their safety. the unemployment rate in dade county, is at it’s highest rate; since hurricane andrew.

it would behoove are elected officials, to work with the hospitality businesses (restaurants, hotels, night clubs, etc); to encourage increased local business. offering special deals, reduced charges, etc; would certainly help. we cannot at this point, rely own our bread and butter; the tourism business.

peace, sobeton

Wow sobeton, kool, very KooL!!!