Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who is going to Rio/Remix??

sgtfury

Well, the CP crew was in full effect last night, I had a great time with everyone, ( you know who you are ) like always! :D trancegrl, it was nice to meet you. :) As for the muzik, Ehhhhhh, was'nt feelin' it to much, but that did'nt stop me from having a load of fun!!!!!!! ;)

I didn't go. I really didn't feel like going to a club last night so I ended up in Ft. Lauderdale at Murphy's Law to see my friends top 40 band jam but they didn't even play so we ended up club-hopping in the area....lots of rock and roll up there. .....Ft. Lauderdale's cool...

Good to hear that George Alvarado spun a preogrssive set. How was Padilla? I would have liked to check that out.

Good to hear some positive feedback on the night......I'm getting ready for the party Friday night!:D

Well first, it was nice to finally meet some of you guys, pod, mimid and your bf, greg (even though I new who you were already...but you didnt know it was me lol). Unfortunately, I did not have the pleasure of meeting the infamous georgeacasta2. I guess my german trance must have scared him away LOL. j/k:laugh:

Anyways, I had a great time at Rio. The crowd was definitely feeling the tracks that the professor and david were throwing down. Hope to see you all there next Saturday.

Yup. I've been caught :confused: kinda hard to believe? I know, I know! ... Honestly, I wanted to check out the venue cuz I had never been to Rio plus I wanted to say hi to George who opened up for Padilla ... needed to see for myself what the big commotion was all about? Personally I wasn't too impressed with the venue. It dose hold a nice capacity of people, plus their is plenty of good seating to go around, which is a plus in my book. Cold AC, the decor was ok for the type of club and crowd it attracts. The layout of the booth wasn't really all that but it passes. The sound system was good, can't really go wrong with EAW's. Although it was a little distorted (cuz it was pushed it too much in the short time I was there) and I felt they were short on a pair of KF's to enclose the sound more, it's just my opinion. The Martin lightning was good, no complaints. I really wasn't too impressed with the patio at all. As a matter of fact, it just sucked, plain and simple. It looked like a rig in someone's bedroom or something? :( and that 100,000 watt white spotlight that blinded and interrogated everyone upon entrance was just not happening either, but it's all-good, I'm not being critical or anything? all of this could be easily overseen if the muzik, crowd and vibe was on top form ...

I really didn't like George's set too much, I mean, I liked it but I wasn't what I was expecting. It was something totally different based on what he told me earlier in the day when I was at his shop. I thought he was going to go alittle deeper, more progressive than what he threw down, but looking at the crowd, it was understandable what he did. As for Padilla, I wouldn't know, I only heard about 15 min worth of his set until my ear's started to bleed :eek: If I hear "We are taking over Space" one more time, I swear I'm gonna shoot myself :rolleyes:

What really made the night was the company I was with. Top notch all the way. The beloved CP krew was throwing lots of love around with the like's of the notorious Shroomy and his wife, Mimi, Attomic and his girl, and the camera saavy Pod (camera's ready, prepare to flash!) Met for the first time, Sgt. Fury & XTC, both cool peeps.

Shroomy - you are the man! Your more of a character in person than I originally thought! (after atleast having a decent conversation) It was nice meeting your lovely wife, she's super. Oh, and before I forget, thank you! ;) ... I'm looking foward to your shindig on friday night ....

Originally posted by digital7

Yup. I've been caught :confused: kinda hard to believe? I know, I know! ... Honestly, I wanted to check out the venue cuz I had never been to Rio plus I wanted to say hi to George who opened up for Padilla ... needed to see for myself what the big commotion was all about? Personally I wasn't too impressed with the venue. It dose hold a nice capacity of people, plus their is plenty of good seating to go around, which is a plus in my book. Cold AC, the decor was ok for the type of club and crowd it attracts. The layout of the booth wasn't really all that but it passes. The sound system was good, can't really go wrong with EAW's. Although it was a little distorted (cuz it was pushed it too much in the short time I was there) and I felt they were short on a pair of KF's to enclose the sound more, it's just my opinion. The Martin lightning was good, no complaints. I really wasn't too impressed with the patio at all. As a matter of fact, it just sucked, plain and simple. It looked like a rig in someone's bedroom or something? :( and that 100,000 watt white spotlight that blinded and interrogated everyone upon entrance was just not happening either, but it's all-good, I'm not being critical or anything? all of this could be easily overseen if the muzik, crowd and vibe was on top form ...

I really didn't like George's set too much, I mean, I liked it but I wasn't what I was expecting. It was something totally different based on what he told me earlier in the day when I was at his shop. I thought he was going to go alittle deeper, more progressive than what he threw down, but looking at the crowd, it was understandable what he did. As for Padilla, I wouldn't know, I only heard about 15 min worth of his set until my ear's started to bleed :eek: If I hear "We are taking over Space" one more time, I swear I'm gonna shoot myself :rolleyes:

What really made the night was the company I was with. Top notch all the way. The beloved CP krew was throwing lots of love around with the like's of the notorious Shroomy and his wife, Mimi, Attomic and his girl, and the camera saavy Pod (camera's ready, prepare to flash!) Met for the first time, Sgt. Fury & XTC, both cool peeps.

Shroomy - you are the man! Your more of a character in person than I originally thought! (after atleast having a decent conversation) It was nice meeting your lovely wife, she's super. Oh, and before I forget, thank you! ;) ... I'm looking foward to your shindig on friday night ....

WOW

Originally posted by digital7

ah... thanks, I think. Im still trying to figure out if that means you thought I was an asshole the first time we meet. :D

and yes I am very much looking forward to Friday!!!

Originally posted by shroomy

ah... thanks, I think. Im still trying to figure out if that means you thought I was an asshole the first time we meet. :D

Shrooms, do not let anyone in your house dude.....please. When people party they stop giving a fuck and they destroy everything. I'm not like that I don't think most of the people on the board are like that but you never know.

Thanks for the concern George...

but I trust the CP crew, plus I am locking up everything breakable :)

and if things get out of hand I can allways kick everyone out into the courtyard.

plus... strangers seem to be a little intimidated of me sometimes... especially when they see all my jiu-jitsu tapes lying aroung the house ;)

but seriously... I have 2 good friends who are going to be totally sober looking after things. Its good to have friends! :)

Originally posted by shroomy

LOL ... nope, but the two minute fly by wasn't sufficient, plus in the conditions you were in ........................... :tongue:

The Thisisnightlife.com crew will be at the next Rio also taking pictures so we would like the CP crew to not be afraid and come up to us to have your picture taken to be put on our website. Also Eddie S. will be back this Saturday if you guys havent heard him spin yet, you got to check him out he is an up and coming house sensation for sure.

If you were at the last Rio check if you got in our cameras path, and If you didnt go check out what you missed out.

www.thisisnightlife.com