Clubplanet Nightlife Community

US won't retaliate, US to aid Afghan instead

Originally posted by loch

and every now & then, she pops in and drops us a tale of wisdom...

to those who felt slighted for having people jump down their throats: honest mistake, true. however, they are as inconsiderate for jumping down your throat as you were inconsiderate for having a rant of a reaction without giving it 30 seconds worth of thought.

read. digest. absorb. respond. in that order. otherwise, you end up regurgitating nonsense and thus, have people shove it back down your throat.

it goes without saying then, that some people have better digestive tracts than others. but enough of this puking metaphor. :puke::tongue:

:D Hey loch

glad to hear you pipe in on this one - voices of reason seem to be rare these days...

Originally posted by djjonstephen

Let me ask all of you people one question..............

WHO DO YOU THINK IS GOING TO GET ALL OF THAT AID?????

Listen, the Taliban has been stealing the aid for years and keeping it for themselves while continuing to starve the regular citizens. We are not even in that country yet. Do you actually believe that the Taliban will all of a sudden say 'Oh, I guess now we'll let you get the US aid considering they are going to attack us'. Don't be so naive.

It is in my opinion that we cut off all aid until we establish a presence in that country and make sure it is going to the right people, because all we are going to accomplish with all this is feeding those buttfucks in the Taliban.

if the taliban has been stealing all the aid for years there would be no one left in afghanistan b/c everyone would have starved to death by now. and what the fuck are they going to do w/ a 100 tons of food? they only have 30,000 people in the taliban that need to be fed. cutting off aid is waste of time for them right now. the taliban is in the process of fortifying their defenses and moving key resources into more secure areas. do you think the taliban will get more support from the afghan people by starving them? yeah, i;m sure they take some of the aid but the majority gets through to the people that need it. the taliban needs to worry about getting its ass kicked right now, they're busy

what will happen, given the following conditions?

- an evil dictatorship overtakes afghan gov't

- the u.s. provide $320 million of aid to afghanistan

it's already been said but i have to agree...

where will the money Really go?

into the hands of the ruling party.

more guns. more missles. more "training."

i agree with the need for humanitarian action.

but we've made this exact mistake before:

- we provided $ to afghanistan to attempt to stop the production of opium

- we provided 200-odd stinger missles more than a decade ago (during the cold war), 80 of which are yet to be recovered.

please DO correct me if i'm wrong in any of this.

it's hard to keep the fact straight with all the spin

the news is putting on things...

Originally posted by tribal

i think that thats the right thing to do 1. feed starving afghanis (build up local support for US) 2. go after Taliban and bin laden, not by a massive military strike, but thru covert special force ops, that way, we kill the fucking terrorists, overthrow taliban, and not kill innocent civilians. this way, we seal our fate for the future, becuase otherwise think about it, we kill bunch of afganis, destroy the taliban, but they will hate us even more, and nuke us the next time. this way, we can cool down and eliminate much of the hate, because when a starving afghani sees a bag of wheat with an american flag on it, he will think twice about the bullshit muslim anti-west rhetoric. bush may be as sharp as a bowling bowl on some issues, but he is right on this one. as much as i hate the fucking towel head bastards who preach all this fundamental bullshit, blowing them all to bits is only gona make more probs for us.

i couldn't have put it better myself

Originally posted by thehacker

please DO correct me if i'm wrong in any of this.

it's hard to keep the fact straight with all the spin

the news is putting on things...

I'm pretty sure that the humanitarian aid comes in the form of actual food, tents, medical supplies, etc., not as cash to the government.

I THINK THE US SHOULD RETALIATE AND THEY SHOULD HAVE DONE IT THE DAY THAT WE GOT HIT. ITS LIKE LETTING SOMEONE PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE AND WAITING A MONTH OR SO TO PUNCH THEM BACK. THE US HAS TO BE CAREFUL THOUGH WITH WHAT THEY DO NOW. UNDERSTAND THAT THERE ARE STILL TERRORISTS IN THE COUNTRY THAT HAVE BEEN PAID BIN LADEN TO CARRY OUT A MISSION. THESE TERRORISTS ARE WAITING TO SEE WHAT THE US DOES TO AFGHANISTAN TO CONTIUE WITH ITS OTHER ATTACKS ON THE US. WERE IN A BAD SITUATION EVEN THOUGH IT MAY NOT FEEL LIKE IT. NOW WHOM EVER VOTED AND ELECTED YOUR PRESIDENT BUSH, NEEDS TO HOPE HE'S THE STAND UP GUY AND SMART ENOUGH GUY TO HANDLE THIS PROBLEM. GOOD LUCK GEORGE. I SAY NUKE THAT WHOLE SIDE OF THE COUNTRY. CMON. WOULD YOU REALLY MISS IT?

Jaronimo, I'm never really one to bash, but you made some boneheaded statments............

if the taliban has been stealing all the aid for years there would be no one left in afghanistan b/c everyone would have starved to death by now.

I'm not even going to start to give a statement about this comment.

and what the fuck are they going to do w/ a 100 tons of food

I don't know........maybe eat it.

do you think the taliban will get more support from the afghan people by starving them?

They don't have their support anyway. That is why there is civil conflict going on and Afghan citizens fleeing the country.

dj, before 9/11 the aid sent to afghanistan fed 2 mil. people. if the taliban has been stealing the aid for years how did everyone not starve? don't know how this is boneheaded statement.

clearly the deliver of aid needs to be rethought now. but cutting off all aid b/c the taliban might get some of it i think is shortsighted. this is going to be one of the largest humanitarian crisis ever.

to be honest, i would be worried about how all the aid being donated in the u.s. is being managed. the United Way refuses to disclose anything related to the sept. 11 fund and nothing has been distributed. this is an organization whose former president is in jail for embezzlement.

and the ceo of cantor fitzgerald has not distributed any of the 1 bil. they collected. here's the artical if you're interested:

http://www.foxnews.com/oreilly/