Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Mike Macaluso- The End

sadelb

Yo my friend talked to mike macaluso and he said that he cant release the end because of the label. I dunno when hes going to be able to release it but all of this shit is pissing me off. Why are record labels so fucken annoying. If it werent for them then we would have in ur eyes, pressure, the end, all that shit. THEY REALLY ARENT HANDLING THIS SHIT RIGHT

Peace

Mike can't give out the end for the same reason that I can't give out my track--- with music like ours, we appeal only to a rather small audience compared to other genres--so every sale and every record counts---Labels have rejected tracks that people send out--The first thing i was told about my track by the label was DO NOT GIVE IT TO ANYONE and when they are signing your checks--you listen to them

tony hasnt brought pressure to a label and JP hasnt brought Luz to a label either---I know JP wants to perect luz's tracks--but when he does....its HIS label they are coming out on (from what i understand==Deeper)

I dont mean to sound like a dick b/c i'm all for free music and all--but some/most of these guys eat off of this....so when a song leaks and is all over the internet and most DJ's and listeners decide to DL instead of buy--they lose money.....true...it is all about the music and the love and yaddayaddayadda....but does the love pay the bills?

Mike BuGouT

Originally posted by djmikebugout

Mike can't give out the end for the same reason that I can't give out my track--- with music like ours, we appeal only to a rather small audience compared to other genres--so every sale and every record counts---Labels have rejected tracks that people send out--The first thing i was told about my track by the label was DO NOT GIVE IT TO ANYONE and when they are signing your checks--you listen to them

tony hasnt brought pressure to a label and JP hasnt brought Luz to a label either---I know JP wants to perect luz's tracks--but when he does....its HIS label they are coming out on (from what i understand==Deeper)

I dont mean to sound like a dick b/c i'm all for free music and all--but some/most of these guys eat off of this....so when a song leaks and is all over the internet and most DJ's and listeners decide to DL instead of buy--they lose money.....true...it is all about the music and the love and yaddayaddayadda....but does the love pay the bills?

Mike BuGouT

excellent point bro

Ok Ok I definitely agree with you. But say u give it to the record label and it eventually does come out right???? Because once it comes out people buy it on vinly and it gets to the internet anyways. I mean are u saying that we will never get ur song, mikes song, etc.??? or we will eventually. I mean once it gets to record stores its gonna be all over the place right?? I dunno honestly, I definitely understand where ur coming from especially if u guys do this for a living. I just think someones gotta think of a better way to do this. I personally dont know but somethings gotta come together to make you guys the money u deserve and get these tracks out when they should instead of waiting five or six extra months. I mean im just curious. How can u guys get money for waiting these five or six extra months if when it comes out its all over audiogalaxy, internet anyways?? I dunno are these dumb questions can someone help me out....

well...

I dont get xtra money for waiting--that is the labels...my track for instance--Now that Its good to go...they are sending the acapella to a certain big name producer to do a rmx for the bside...that will take maybe ?? 2 months? i hope? idk--however long...after that tho we're gonna push it as fast as it goes...as far as THE END...look at it this way--its the same deal as a movie sequel to a blockbuster--Chapter was maybe one of the most successful domestic hard progressive tracks (remember sandstorm, derb and all those were originally imprts until denny grabbed em on groovy) and there is a LOT of money in a sequel..esp since its just a sick as the original.....so mike took his time in shopping it and deciding---now that he has chosen a label...they have to go thru all the legal mumbo-jumbo---labels are not out to help producers...'everyone wants something for nuthing" is what i was told by someone and its totally true....there is a difference tho between tracks like Luz and pressure that havent even been presented to labels yet and tracks like the end or my track which are with labels now---

as far as leaking--I honestly dont know what the future holds and as my true profession, I am in law school studying to figure out the legal ramifications of free music and stuff like that---true...i agree when it hits stores I person will rip the vinyl and send it out to everyone on the net--I guess as a producer you hope this doesnt happen but the reality is that it does and it will...so why not have me send it months in advance?

1-anticipation is what makes some of these tracks better (or worse--diamonds...ehhh)

2-why does everyone go see draper or JP or mac spin? one reason is that you know you will hear their tracks that arent on your computer or in stores yet--there are other reasons to see them I agree but when i go out to hear a DJ spin...usually its to hear what they;ve been working on and what may be available in the future...I used my track initally as aspringboard to get people to come see a no-name upstate westchester kid spin in NYC...i never thought of signing my track until i follow the advice of many people in the biz...

also--we are priviidged if u think about it...we know about tracks the second they are finshed....we're always trying to get the one-up on everyone to say, I've got this unreleased track--i know not everyone is like this but this DJ CLue exclusive hip hop mentality is why I STOPPED spinning that junk and came over to what I spin now....those people have no clue about whats going on--

again---i dont say this to offend anyone--just giving ya'll a perspective from inside the game (maybe abotu 2 inches inside the door since I just got in --lol)

my 2 cents

Mike BuGouT

Originally posted by djmikebugout

well...

I dont get xtra money for waiting--that is the labels...my track for instance--Now that Its good to go...they are sending the acapella to a certain big name producer to do a rmx for the bside...that will take maybe ?? 2 months? i hope? idk--however long...after that tho we're gonna push it as fast as it goes...as far as THE END...look at it this way--its the same deal as a movie sequel to a blockbuster--Chapter was maybe one of the most successful domestic hard progressive tracks (remember sandstorm, derb and all those were originally imprts until denny grabbed em on groovy) and there is a LOT of money in a sequel..esp since its just a sick as the original.....so mike took his time in shopping it and deciding---now that he has chosen a label...they have to go thru all the legal mumbo-jumbo---labels are not out to help producers...'everyone wants something for nuthing" is what i was told by someone and its totally true....there is a difference tho between tracks like Luz and pressure that havent even been presented to labels yet and tracks like the end or my track which are with labels now---

as far as leaking--I honestly dont know what the future holds and as my true profession, I am in law school studying to figure out the legal ramifications of free music and stuff like that---true...i agree when it hits stores I person will rip the vinyl and send it out to everyone on the net--I guess as a producer you hope this doesnt happen but the reality is that it does and it will...so why not have me send it months in advance?

1-anticipation is what makes some of these tracks better (or worse--diamonds...ehhh)

2-why does everyone go see draper or JP or mac spin? one reason is that you know you will hear their tracks that arent on your computer or in stores yet--there are other reasons to see them I agree but when i go out to hear a DJ spin...usually its to hear what they;ve been working on and what may be available in the future...I used my track initally as aspringboard to get people to come see a no-name upstate westchester kid spin in NYC...i never thought of signing my track until i follow the advice of many people in the biz...

also--we are priviidged if u think about it...we know about tracks the second they are finshed....we're always trying to get the one-up on everyone to say, I've got this unreleased track--i know not everyone is like this but this DJ CLue exclusive hip hop mentality is why I STOPPED spinning that junk and came over to what I spin now....those people have no clue about whats going on--

again---i dont say this to offend anyone--just giving ya'll a perspective from inside the game (maybe abotu 2 inches inside the door since I just got in --lol)

my 2 cents

Mike BuGouT

well said! :)