Clubplanet Nightlife Community

VINYL!!! DAVE!!! Intense!

WOW. Dave Seaman was right on target. I didn't catch a single mistake. His track selection was just what I was looking for. Tons of CP heads everywhere, gotta love it. I'm hurtin so i'm going to sleep now. We left around 7:00 or so. Wasssup to my people, JennEfer and Alphster it was a pleasure. We gotta do the whole Rutgers night out thing again. Gnight to all and to all a good day.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hellz yeah.... it was one hell of a set, i really couldn't ask for any more. Also vinyl rocks, love the no dress code policy, this club really is about the music, and it shows. Hopefully i'll be out there for howells next weekend. Now i'm off to work.... just think of the children.

my first time at vinyl - what can i say but DAVE SEAMAN IS INCREDIBLE. great progressive tracks, threw in just enough favorites from his cd's to mix it up with the hypnotic new stuff. no alcohol means no sloppy annoying drunks (yay!)

this was also my first CP meetup - lavendermenace you are a goddess i totally want to hang w/u when you're not running around all over the place. to lm's friend who remembered me from college - it was nice to meet you again (i hope things weren't awkward w/ryan, i didn't know that him and your friend left on bad terms). props to the dj who was at ultra3 in miami (and his multicolored friend).

on the whole a great night.

rob

oooooooyyyyyyy.......

Just woke up after getting into bed around 10....

Yup, the night was great. The music was on a bit off a bit at times but overall it was great.

Lots of CP head there....let's see, I met (or saw again) Crobra, Gothzane, Quoth, Teklord310, Siceone, Trippintrance64, Scottyskribz, Mist, Az-Tec, JennEfer, Alphster. Good ta meet y'all everybody, sorry I was a bit out of it. It was great to see everyone having a good time.:)

Oh yeah, then there's Lavendermenace... We didn't hang too much but holy shit, whoever said happiness is infectious apparently wasn't freakin' kidding. Loved meeting ya woman, hope to hang with you when the chance comes up. :D

I'm so sorry if I missed anyone...lack of sleep=bad recall capabilities.... :o

But anyways...the night was great. My ass got rocked dancing till the last freaking minute, by which time I was practically dizzy. Everything from "Smoke Machine" to "Everything in its Right Place" to "Lovely Day" did maximum damage on the floor. At points it got a bit flat, but no complaints...

It was really crowded, which was kinda the bad thing. But overall, it was a great night.

And to those whom this applies, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE...

I'll see y'all at the Limelight on Friday. :tongue:

sigh....if we don't get attacked again...

:(

I have to say I had a great time at VINYL. Not as much the music as just being able to meet up with you guys at CP (first time meetup for me)... it was nice that people from who knows where got together and just chilled out. It was awkward as hell for me at first but it really did work out well - "hey what's up, i'm ral--- i mean ALpHsTeR"

It was my first time in VINYL, and actually first time seeing dave spin. gotta say i wasn't dissapointed at all.

Thanks go to Teklord and JennEfer for taking me out (rutgers crew) and everyone in the other car. I'll be forward to heading out with you guys again sometime.

Lots of cute girls out there, proved myself wrong with the whole girl-net thing =).

Take it easy guys,

ALpHsTeR

ps -what is this.. my 6th post?

you guys it was sooooo nice to meet all of you....

Tek---thanks for the sweetness ;) glad I bumped into ya

Scotty---very nice to meet you---sexy! hehe it was a pleasure...couldn't find you on the dancefloor :( thank you for the treat! and the use of your hat

everyone else...totally cool just don't remember names..

cobra---nice seeing ya

You all better be at Howells!

just woke up, from a great night, was there until the end. my first time seeing dave didn't really impress me until like after 6:00. the hard house he was playing at the beggining wasn't really my style and he was doin it to please the crowd. missed the meetups last night but i still had a good time meeting some people. can't wait for this weekend for howells, thank god its a short week.

lata

STRETCH Yawn, ::wipes the cold out of eyes::

Well it's 6 o'clock Im finally up and I just have to say that I had the best fucking time Ever last night EVER at any Club anywhere...

First of all I walked through the door and I am feeling kinda jittery cause basically it was the first time I have went to vinyl by my self... and I bump into these two sweet looking girls and I flash a smile and they flash a smile back.. and as Im about to move on the cute blonde girl asks me where the bar is.. well long story short.. I end up chilling with these two girls for the most of the night. And they were the Coolest people ever turn out that it was Pkern and Jaxxart ... sll I could say to that Was Crazy I lost it. Then I met Up With Crobra , mist and Xpander, and I chilled with them for a bit and they were wicked cool and we danced and danced

and chilled and talked and I have to say those kids are the coolest I met in a long time.... thank you for the awsome night you guys you guys made my night for real!!!!

Davids track selection was amazing very non- linear which I love. Ariel was on lights and he was sick as usual... I really Cant remember most of the night cause of the party favors but I distictly remember 5,6,7 or 7 hot girls a hand full of wicked cool guys great conversation banging set by dave and lius and if Elana, Stephanie Helana and Lauren see this give me a shout on AIM you chicks were mad cool we have to chill again.

All of you who I came in contack with THank you.. from the pit of my soul and the bottom of my heart thank you..

And now your moment of Zen...

its around 7:30 the crowd has thinned out quit a bit Im sitting on the stage with Pkern and JAxl and next to this really cute girl named nicole.. comparitivley Daves set was getting kinda weak around this time .... but it was still bumpin... and Im making Idle chit chat with this girl about whatever and he lets this track play out... and Im kinda disapointed cause I really wanted to hear more and it looked like they were gonna end early... al of a sudden I hear " Its a Dark night of my soul and temptations taking over" I just about died I got up and started screaming and dancing so hard as hard as I could... Ithought I had died and all I could do was Grab this strangers hand and raise it in the air with my own as we hear " and AAHHHHHHH Feeeeel Loved" Feeling Like the whole room was hugging my soul and I was just singing along with this girl next to me "AHHHHHHH FEEEEEEL LOVED !!!!!"

and I just loved the fact that Danny Tenaglia touched me through Dave Seaman ... he still touched me even though he wasn't there

my two favorite DJ's ended that night perfectly.... I love this city

later

-C

Ok children, it is now Quoth's turn to talk about the meetup last night. Without a doubt...i was mad hesitant to go cause i really didnt make plans for the night..but i said fuck it...and went...and boy was i gladddddddddddd. Dave Seaman was definitely on point with his style couldnt ask for anything more...as for meetin CP heads...i didnt get to meet all of ya's cause it was my first meetup, but to those i met including, Teklord310-one cool ass dude, JenEfer-one of the cuuuuuuuuuuuuutest blond shorties i have even seen and one girl who can definitelyyy wear a guy out on the dancefloor ;) , Xpander- another coool ass dude with great musical taste and possibly room for one more to go see ORBITAL at Roseland, Gothzane- veryyyyyyy strange but veryyyyyy cool dude and also who i owe a drink if he shows up for Jeff Mills this friday at Limelight, Crobra- yo what can i say..this kid....er....ADULT haha is STRAIGHT UP COOL hope to see u at Limelight for Mills,Surgeon and my cousin Function. ScottyScribz- we didnt talk much but it was pleasure meetin ya the same goes for MeliChaCha- u were chillen in tha corna with yer man and i yelled out yer name and said hello. Damn, the only people i read who were there that i didnt meet were, Dialectics and Lavendermenace. Dialectics will cool taste in music...and Lavendermenace with dreams of opening a coffee shop some day haha. But to all those there who i had the utmost pleasure of meeting..thank u very much all for makin Quoth feel welcomed at his first meetup and first night at Vinyl....The only thing i can say to make a meetup even better is for all u heads that i met and/or didnt meet is to come to Limelight this friday Oct 12th to see Jeff Mills spin Detroit techno and minimal techno on 3 turntables and a Roland TR-909 Drum Machine, Surgeon from Birmingham, UK spin the hardestttttttt driving tribal and minimal techno u will ever hear and also to see Function, my cousin, take NYC and techno itself to a higher level. So to those of u whom i mentioned comps to...u know who u are..hit me up...and we will work sumen out..but for now..peace all...and have a good one... -Quoth

Shannon, Great seeing you again girly, you always make me smile, :),

Krissy, I'm sorry you couldn't find me, I was all over the place after I got up and out of the back room,

Lets see who else did I see, Sparkles, Gothzane, Xpander, Tek, damn the list goes on, I'm sorry i fi forgot anyone, I mean can you blame me though, hehe.....

Hope I see everyone again real soon.....

-Scotty-

Lo mates.

Had a blast.

Though I messed up my ankle.

Was just sprained. have the thing wraped up.

No biggie.

Xpander my man...heh...sorry for stealing you from your friends.

Quoth...soon people are going to say to your cousin "Wow your Quoths cousin...thats so cool." :D

Crobra good to see you again and your lady friend....still laughing over those two irish chicks from LL

Lavendermenace aka Ms.SmilesAlot.....if i was only a different man

*Cackle* Its always a pleasure being around someone who radiates so much good cheer. Keep it up darling.

And to all you other fine folks....party on.

:flame:

Seaman dropped:

brannacchio and aisher - a lovely day

Iio - rapture (deep dish mix) TWICE

Evolution - walk on fire

dj tiesto - flight 643 (orkidea mix)

dj tiesto - flight 643 (original mix)

Saints and Sinners - Pushin' Too Hard

Satoshi Tomiie - Up In Flames

Fatboy Slim - A song for Shelter (chemical bros mix)

New Order - Crystals

Depeche Mode - I feel loved (dt mix)

Kamaya Painters - Wasteland (Chab)

BPT - Moody (Futurshock)

planet funk - chase the sun

Dido- Take my hand DD remix)

FSOL - Papua New Guinea - Satoshi remix

James Holden - One for You (brannacchio and aisher remix)

x press 2 - smoke machine

x press 2 - muzikizum

tarentella - karma (praha mix)

Superchumbo - The Revolution (trendriod remix)

Tomba Vira - Drums Come Alive

It was great seeing everyone - nyc420 (I think those are the #'s - great seeing you again), az-tec (have fun next week in Baltimore), teklord (great seeing again - where did you run to at the end of the night?), xpander(dude - you live like 5 minutes from me), gothzane, Lavendermenace, Jammy (great seeing you again - thanks for hooking me up), Siceone (it was great chilling with most of the night - we have got to hang again), Trippintrance64, scottyskribz (it's always a pleasure to chill with ya - hope to see again next week for danny howells), JennEfer, Alphster, quoth - it's was great meeting you all and seeing guys again.

Dave Seamen was off the hook - what a great night!!!:)

PS - great seeing some of you ezdreamers - shadowchaser, littleD, lubahead, the man himself - ezdreamer and anyone I missed!!

Originally posted by siceone

its around 7:30 the crowd has thinned out quit a bit Im sitting on the stage with Pkern and JAxl and next to this really cute girl named nicole.. comparitivley Daves set was getting kinda weak around this time .... but it was still bumpin... and Im making Idle chit chat with this girl about whatever and he lets this track play out... and Im kinda disapointed cause I really wanted to hear more and it looked like they were gonna end early... al of a sudden I hear " Its a Dark night of my soul and temptations taking over" I just about died I got up and started screaming and dancing so hard as hard as I could... Ithought I had died and all I could do was Grab this strangers hand and raise it in the air with my own as we hear " and AAHHHHHHH Feeeeel Loved" Feeling Like the whole room was hugging my soul and I was just singing along with this girl next to me "AHHHHHHH FEEEEEEL LOVED !!!!!"

and I just loved the fact that Danny Tenaglia touched me through Dave Seaman ... he still touched me even though he wasn't there

my two favorite DJ's ended that night perfectly.... I love this city

later

-C

Hey there Siceone! It was excellent hanging with you, darlin'!

Awesome description above. I remember this moment clearly - it was so much fun to watch you explode. :D

Let me just say that I have not had an "everything's right" night since the closing of Twilo, but Dave and Vinyl and the electric vibe last night was fucking unbelievable. This is the third time I've heard Dave and I was worried I had blown his skills out of proportion in my head (you know, the whole mythologizing Twilo thing...was it really THAT good?).

But walking (limping, actually - I still can't feel my legs) out of Vinyl this morning, my head still bobbing, I thought, fuck yeah - Dave's THAT good. He's seamless - and the way he reinvents every single track he plays - Drums Come Alive, Musak, you name it - he makes them new again.

And the crowd was absolutely perfect - so into the set, yelling, cheering, clapping, whistling. Love the no dress code too - bonus!

Siceone - keep in touch, friend. Remember - I still haven't heard DT...

:)

Hi from JennEfer. Her computer is busted so she told me to say WHAT'S UP to everyone she met last night. She'll be at Vinyl again this coming weekend for Danny Howells.

Hey Shadowchaser, thanks for the track listing. I left at 7 because we didn't know if the car would still be there(but got real lucky)... can anyone tell me what Dave spun after 7? I heard the last 4 tracks when the lights came on were completely intense! Thanks to all for a great evening. Gnight!

Once again it was a amazing INTENSE night .. i was not in my tracks .. but was really dressed up in my black pants and v neck shirt .. and i hooked up with some girl who was 30 hahaahaha and she went mad kissing me in the back room and then on the floor in the FRONT ...

i was so fuckin high .. and hyper .. it was a intense fuckin night .. went crazy ........

Will be there next week for Danny Howells... i have to meet you guys this time ...

L8er

Originally posted by gothzane

Lo mates.

Had a blast.

Though I messed up my ankle.

Was just sprained. have the thing wraped up.

No biggie.

Xpander my man...heh...sorry for stealing you from your friends.

Quoth...soon people are going to say to your cousin "Wow your Quoths cousin...thats so cool." :D

Crobra good to see you again and your lady friend....still laughing over those two irish chicks from LL

Lavendermenace aka Ms.SmilesAlot.....if i was only a different man

*Cackle* Its always a pleasure being around someone who radiates so much good cheer. Keep it up darling.

And to all you other fine folks....party on.

:flame:

dude goth Im sorry bout your ankle I was the black kid if you remember ... I hope you still had a good time..

-C

HAHA:laugh: Seaman kicked crazy arse Sat night!!! :eek: My first time hearing him ever live/cd/etc. I had a great time considering the time I got there and it took NO TIME for me to get into the groove. Thanks to all that showed up to the meetup @ 5 (didn't think anyone would remember). I met a couple of new people and an FYI for anyone I didn't meet, I was the 6 ft *vinyl junkie* of the evening :tongue: Hope to meet some of you I didn't meet Sat @ Howells, if not the *OFFICIAL* meetup on the 19th...Hey Crobra, anytime man :D...Love to you all...

-Jamms "jamonit" :cool: