Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Nation my first trip

tymathis

SO this past weeked i was visiting a friend at U of Maryland. On Friday night she took me to Nation. Well we got their early, no line, and security was real quick. The cover of $15 was SWEET. No list or anything, works for me.

So the crowd their seems real young. And i didn't know it was like 75% ravers. I was dressed for a club. I coulda worn some baggy pants, but i wanted to dress to impress on my first visit to D.C.. So anyways i did have a great time. My first time seeing Scott Henry and Donald Glaude. IT was mad chill to outside and hear Donald lay down those smooth pumping beats. And come inside and seeing SCott Henry bang out that piercing tech house, or whatever you wanna call it. He's fucking great. I mean i had heard each of those two guys CD's , but hadn't seem them spin

Yo Donald got me so pumped, he's so fucking charismatic.

Still though, i think i need more of trendier, older, fashionable spot to handle my needs. NYC BABY!!!!!!!!!

Yo glad you could make it down to DC and you enjoyed buzz @ nation, its a sweet club. You are dead on about the youngish/raver crowd; depends on your point of view whether that's annoying or not, but overall everyone is pretty tolerant so it works pretty well. If you are down again you might want to consider hitting glow (www.clubglow.com) on saturday or checking out what is going on at Five. Another option is to hit Red saturdays, Red is a smallish afterhours/underground kind of environment that usually has *excellent* house spinning. Worth checking out to get away from the massive nightclub kind of environment.

The reality is though that the more trendy/fashionable spots in DC tend to play either shitty top 40 or world / latin music. Red, Glow, Nation are your best bets, I'm leaving out some but just an FYI.

Join us on 11/24 for the Ultraworld massive with Paul Van Dyk. It'll be dope, check www.ultraworld.net for the details.

The crowd at Buzz is less raverish on some nights and more raverish on other nights. I personally find the raver crowd to be much more friendly than the "clubber" crowd, but it might just be that people are friendlier on less crowded nights in general and thpose are the nights the crowd is raver-heavy. Glad you enjoyed your first time there anyway, though it sounds like you missed out on Mistress Barbara, and if so you REALLY missed out.

Originally posted by MadamMillie

heehee, yeah kuro's smile could not have gotten any bigger. i think he fell in love fri night... :D

You noticed that? That's my baby's momma. There's something about a woman spinning relentlessly banging techno and tech-house. I guess DJs are sexy.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

You're scaring me. :D

I'll clarify: French-Canadian techno DJ chicks are sexy. When she grooved to the music she would close her eyes and instead of bobbing her head to the beat she would sort of shake it. It was so cute. Those Buzz fuckers got a pic of me all fucked up looking up at her lovingly. I hope they don't put up on their page.

Originally posted by Kuro

I'll clarify: French-Canadian techno DJ chicks are sexy. When she grooved to the music she would close her eyes and instead of bobbing her head to the beat she would sort of shake it. It was so cute. Those Buzz fuckers got a pic of me all fucked up looking up at her lovingly. I hope they don't put up on their page.

Ummmm... That didn't help your cause any. Now you're REALLY scaring me. :D:laugh: :laugh: :D