Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Orbital @ BillboardLive

cooljunkie

OK, that was an amazing show. No it wasn't packed to the gills but I don't like huge crowds anyway. It felt like a fraternity of fans, nice atmosphere. Shame there weren't more people to see it but for those who were there, it was great! First of all billboard live is a VERY nice venue, and I hope they make it! If they continue to bring in acts of that caliber, I will support it. Anyway, it was Orbital, and there's not much else to say about that. I enjoyed their hour and 40 minute set much, much more than I enjoy going to hear a DJ spin......live acts have always accounted for my best times in clubs........the Slacker show at the 2000 WMC Bliss party in Groovejet, Union Jack at Shadow a couple months later.....and of course this. Here is my attempt at trainspotting....surely incomplete list but fairly accurate.....hehe:

From the new album, the Altogether:

-Tension

-Funny Break

-Oi!

-Tootled

-Doctor Who

-Illuminate

from In Sides:

-The Girl With The Sun In Her Head

from the Brown album:

-Impact (The Earth Is Burning)

from the Green album:

-Belfast

-SATAN (particularly blistering version, especially with all the timely war-images on the screen)

-Chime