Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Club Space to build biggest club in the world !

irolldoyou

bigger is not necessarily better

the biggest club as of now is supposedly privilege in ibiza and anyone that has been there knows there is SOOO much room for improvement.

Exit is the biggest club in nyc and has yet to have a respectable reputation on a global scale. Dave Marvisi just dropped 4 million for a new face lift and Junior has landed a saturday residency. Time will only tell if it's all worth it from a clubber's perspective.

I know bigger doesnt exactly mean better but it would be nice to say we have the biggest club in the world here in Miami. It would definetly classify us as a one of the top 5 club/party cities in the world. Maybe #2 behind Ibiza..

What would you guys classify Miami ?

luis, just cause you have the biggest club doesn't make it the best. what makes ibiza good is the music and the vibe.

no warehouse space can create that...it comes from the owners, dj's, and from the clubbers themselves.

maybe miami club owners should spend more $ on QUALITY dj's rather then expanding their VIP section...

Originally posted by Nolimit

bigger is not necessarily better

the biggest club as of now is supposedly privilege in ibiza and anyone that has been there knows there is SOOO much room for improvement.

True, very true. Personally I like Amnesia better (especially on WednesdayZ, and it seems almost as big.

I just got back from Ibiza. I went with several club owners from Miami, these same owners (now re-inspired) are all attempting to apply their new energies and new ideas within their own clubs. Only time will tell. We'll see the first wave of expansion this weekend with PVD@Space.

peace

mj

doesnt Space already do that?

look at who they have had,

Danny Tenaglia, Carl Cox, Paul Oakenfold, Deep Dish, Paul Van Dyk, Tiesto.

They already bring "The Talent" to their club all theyre going to do is make it bigger and better to accomodate everyone more confortable.

Youll notice this weekend @ Paul Van Dyk how bigger makes a difference.

Im out....

Danny Tenaglia, Carl Cox, Paul Oakenfold, Deep Dish, Paul Van Dyk, Tiesto

correct me if i am wrong but i see a whole 6 nights here that took almost the end of spring and all summer to book.

who was there last week?

and the week before?

louder... i can't hear u

Josh... I like Amnesia better too (but Pasha is it) but privilege is at least 3 times the size of Amnesia. It could hold the combined crowds of Level, Crobar and Space (miami) You just have to explore some of the other rooms, that place is a maze.

Is there really the crowd to fill that kind of club and the rest of the s beach clubs too?

Maybe on New Years, or Super Bowl....

Miami's 'refreshingly corrupt'.

I'm weird, I thrive on that sort of thing. Though I love NYC, I've found it kinda difficult to do what I do here up there. Most clubs flat-out deny me access, even with Big Media backing. For me, Miami is a lifestyle and economic decision.

We get bashed a lot, but we're probably #2 in the US right now scene-wise. Maybe SF is as good, but we're definitely above say chicago, denver, d.c., and any other place that lays claim to a 'scene'.

Yeah it took us all summer to get good acts, Nolimit, but who in their right mind wants to come down here in the summer anyways? I stayed here for my first summer, and I sweated my balls off. I made some solid connections, sure, but I wish in a way I traveled or something...

Last week: Dave Ralph

Week before: Deep Dish

This Weekend: Paul Van Dyk (yeah i know, but still..) Robbie Rivera, Supa DJ Dimitry, Parks and Wilson, Shroom-o-rama 2001...

IMHO.... SF Sucks.... a couple of decent clubs, 1 decent after hours and an occasional decent party.

For the talent they have there its pathetic.

Plus all the clubs are all scattered throughout the city and there isn't one where you can walk outside w/o gettig mugged.

And not that you would want to go outside with the shitty weather and the line of bums ready to accost you.

Maybe I just had too high of expectations, but I was so disapointed with SF. (except my first Phish concert :) )

IMHO there is noone else in the states even close to us, besides NY which I'll concede has a better sceen... but like SF its mostly run from the Taxi, into the club, back into the taxi. They just don't have that centralized location like Miami.

the fact that space, wants to build the biggest club in the world. should be a good thing for south florida.. Space has attracted top talent. the fact, that they don’t bring, "top talent" on a weekly basis; is really trivial. top talent, is certainly an asset. the quanity of that top talent; I hope , will get better. however, Space has a capable pool, of in house talent. a pool of competent, in house talent; should be the foundation of any good club. if you can add, to that foundation; quality customer service. then indeed ; you have the potential, to build the biggest, and best club in the world.

let's see what happens.. :)

laterz, sobeton

I just wanna give it up to Luis and George for making space a lot better i love the place i think it the bomba. it just seems that sometimes no mater what you people are never happy with anything i really hope that the new changes at space are visible to everyone that is on a hater mission. so we can all enjoy the club and stop focusing on the bullshit hating.

peace

:roll:roller9:roll:

trust me, there's no bullshit hating going on here, just the plain old truth. the fact of the matter is that regardless of the size of the club, waiting 1 to 2 month's for talent dosen't make the club any better. in addition, you have to throw in vibe, crowd, muzik, dj's, policies ect ect ect into the mix. form and function is overall

As long as there are cheap, cheesy, euro-trash clientele in miami miami will always be sub-par to other clubbing cities.

Miami lacks taste, class and it shows in their lack of quality music lineups and the lack of quality promotors. Any promotor worth anything hightails it out or is rudely pushed out of the miami scene, as any promotor worth anything wouldn't tolerate the cheap, cheesy, euro-trash clientele that miami adores and loves.

Here in miami, you can build whatever you want, throw as much money as you want at it, get the best lineups imagineable - but the fact is you're still stuck euro-trash - who want nothing more than to be acostified, and tweaked out of their gords.

Originally posted by shroomy

Josh... I like Amnesia better too (but Pasha is it)

Shroomy, I didn't want to admit it but your absolutely right. I virtually lived at Pacha each and every nite (except sun. & mon., it was privalege & space respectively) but, Amnesia was like more special cause it was just wednesdayz and thurs(for cream).

peace

P.S. i'm gettin on a plane in 2 hrs. so adios amigos.

see you at PVD. Worst case if I don't see you, I WILL DEFINITELY BE ON THE PATIO IN THE VIP FROM 7AM ON.