Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Exit/earth Party On Saturday!!

Originally posted by vamptrix76

WHAT DID EVERYBODY THINK OF THE NEW EXIT?? I LOVE THE RENOVATIONS, THE COLORS AND THE LEATHER COUCHES ARE GREAT!! HAD A GREAT TIME MEETING EVERYBODY AND HANGIN OUT!!

KAT

Last weekend was much better, this weekend kinda sucked, IT WAS VERY EMPTY AT THE BEGINING , but i heard that next saturday will be good ( WITH THE PERFORMANCE BY ULTRA NATE )

I refuse to spend my money on that place ever again. Got there at 3 and left just around 5.

I should have wondered why last week the line was around the block till 5 in the morn and this time there was no line at all. There must have been less than 5 hundred people in the whole place. If they keep this up the place will close down.

Don't get me wrong the place is nicely decorated but I really don't see that much of difference from last year.....

They better do something about people coming out to these parties, cause it sucked.

Should have went to Factory, never had a bad time there......:mad::blown: :bigfinger :bigfinger

Originally posted by cro

I refuse to spend my money on that place ever again. Got there at 3 and left just around 5.

I should have wondered why last week the line was around the block till 5 in the morn and this time there was no line at all. There must have been less than 5 hundred people in the whole place. If they keep this up the place will close down.

Don't get me wrong the place is nicely decorated but I really don't see that much of difference from last year.....

They better do something about people coming out to these parties, cause it sucked.

Should have went to Factory, never had a bad time there......:mad::blown: :bigfinger :bigfinger

They told the second week usually goes like that , they said that will be better this coming up saturday!

So I will go there next time if I can go for free. It's not that I don;t want to spend the money, but it's the fact i want something to be worth the money, and that sure was not it....

Thanks for the advise, but I'll stick to Factory or somewhere else...

Not for nothing, if the party was soo hot the first week, then why did the place go that dead, I understand that there may not be as many people for a place after the Grand oppeing, or a special event, but come on, the place is so big, they could have closed all the rooms, and still could not have filled the dance floor, that's pretty bad....

but it's only one mans opinion:cool:

Originally posted by cro

YOU obviously are NOT a Junior fan!!!

OTHERWISE... You would know that Junior doesn't normally start until between 4 and 5am, therefore, Junior's crowd doesn't start showing up until about 5am or 6am. I got there at about 4:30am and it wasn't packed at all. But within an hour more and more people started shuffling in. It was a very nice size crowd, in my opinion. I personally don't think a club has to be "PACKED" to be good. I prefer it NOT be packed! The dancefloor was crowded for most of the night, but you could comfortably walk around upstairs without having to shove through people.

And about your whole statement in general... Just in case you haven't yet been informed... We are at war right now with a "general threat on America for the next several days"!! Is it really THAT hard to understand why places aren't as packed as they would be under normal circumstances? It's not that hard to figure out... I am actually impressed with the number of people who were at Earth considering everything going on. Beside the fact that a lot of people just don't really feel like partying at a time like this, I also think people are a little threatened by all of the police action in the City. They are randomly searching cars and they are just everywhere. Who wants to be driving in the city, banged up with ALL THAT going on??? You say that that "they better do something about people coming out to these parties, cause it sucked?" Well, what would you suggest they do? It's not about the club or the DJ... It's about our nation being in turmoil right now!

Amen! Thank you ;)

Originally posted by saynotodrama

OTHERWISE... You would know that Junior doesn't normally start until between 4 and 5am, therefore, Junior's crowd doesn't start showing up until about 5am or 6am. I got there at about 4:30am and it wasn't packed at all. But within an hour more and more people started shuffling in. It was a very nice size crowd, in my opinion. I personally don't think a club has to be "PACKED" to be good. I prefer it NOT be packed! The dancefloor was crowded for most of the night, but you could comfortably walk around upstairs without having to shove through people.

And about your whole statement in general... Just in case you haven't yet been informed... We are at war right now with a "general threat on America for the next several days"!! Is it really THAT hard to understand why places aren't as packed as they would be under normal circumstances? It's not that hard to figure out... I am actually impressed with the number of people who were at Earth considering everything going on. Beside the fact that a lot of people just don't really feel like partying at a time like this, I also think people are a little threatened by all of the police action in the City. They are randomly searching cars and they are just everywhere. Who wants to be driving in the city, banged up with ALL THAT going on??? You say that that "they better do something about people coming out to these parties, cause it sucked?" Well, what would you suggest they do? It's not about the club or the DJ... It's about our nation being in turmoil right now!

saynotodrama,

Why are you looking for Drama if you name says otherwise

Actually I am a Junior Fan on his CD's and other recordings, and that's why we decided to go to the club that night, have not seen him before. Judging by how the line looked last sat I thought the club would be at least somewhat similar, but it was not. I was bored and really was not willing to stay till seven to wait for it to get better.

And your comment :

"It was a very nice size crowd, in my opinion. I personally don't think a club has to be "PACKED" to be good. I prefer it NOT be packed!"

No shit I feel the same way, but there is a big difference between PACKED and EMPTY. If the crowd got better after I left and you had a good time, GOOD FOR YOU!!!!! But, from what I heard, it was probably the wise choice to leave as the gay crowd (which I don;t mind) got a bit too Freaky for my tastes.

And again, no need to start "DRAMA" with me on this one, like I said It's one mans opinion, I have mine you have yours. and just leave it at that.

:cool:

Originally posted by cro

saynotodrama,

Why are you looking for Drama if you name says otherwise

Actually I am a Junior Fan on his CD's and other recordings, and that's why we decided to go to the club that night, have not seen him before. Judging by how the line looked last sat I thought the club would be at least somewhat similar, but it was not. I was bored and really was not willing to stay till seven to wait for it to get better.

And your comment :

"It was a very nice size crowd, in my opinion. I personally don't think a club has to be "PACKED" to be good. I prefer it NOT be packed!"

No shit I feel the same way, but there is a big difference between PACKED and EMPTY. If the crowd got better after I left and you had a good time, GOOD FOR YOU!!!!! But, from what I heard, it was probably the wise choice to leave as the gay crowd (which I don;t mind) got a bit too Freaky for my tastes.

And again, no need to start "DRAMA" with me on this one, like I said It's one mans opinion, I have mine you have yours. and just leave it at that.

:cool:

OH... sweetie, you misunderstood, I wasn't looking for "DRAMA", I was just simply stating some facts, but ...if you want drama honey, you came to the right place because I'll give it to you!! (hehe :D ) You're entitled to your OPINION, but the FACT is that Junior's parties normally don't really get going until late morning. OH... AND ONE OTHER THING... Let me reference your quote here:

"But, from what I heard, it was probably the wise choice to leave as the gay crowd (which I don;t mind) got a bit too Freaky for my tastes."

Sure "you don't mind" but then why would you even make reference to it? Here's some more dirt on Junior and his party... Um, Junior is homosexual, as is most of his following, therefore, Junior's party is predominantly gay. So.. what you call "Freaky" (but you don't mind :rolleyes: ) is not going to change! I feel fortunate to be allowed into Junior's party as I remember quite some time ago, it was next to impossible to get into Juniors' parties if you were a female and didn't know the right people.

I hear ya, so have fun!!!! Enjoy.....

I know he's gay, I tried going to TWILO to see him and I got booted off the line cause I was with a girl, "STEP ASIDE THIS IS A GAY PARTY ONLY" whatever is clever.

Freaky meaning that I really don't need to see some people getting really down and nasty in front of me. Weather you are gay or straight, either find a secluded corner or get a room.

If that doen't bother you then enjoy the show, I will enjoy it somewhere else...

Not my thing...

Just one question, where did everyone else go. From so many people last week to no one (at least earlier) this week???

Peace

Originally posted by cro

Just one question, where did everyone else go. From so many people last week to no one (at least earlier) this week???

Peace

I think a couple factors contributed to this.

1) Junior's crowd just needs to warm back up to a weekly party again. Its been awhile...we gotta get our Junior gear back on ;)

2) MOST clubs were empty this weekend because of the warnings the FBI gave. I know MANY people who opted to stay home. Me...I'm an addict and needed my full dose of Junior.

3) The party is very new. I've a feeling the Exit regulars will go in two directions. Some, won't be able to handle the new party...will feel uncomfortable what have you. To each their own but I think that's downright silly.

Some friendly given advice. Give it another try. Realize of course that his sets are VERY different than his CDs. The party doesn't really start till around 5/6am so take a disco nap then come check it out then.

Also...take a breath and realize that any sexual energy you see or feel isn't harmful or a threat to you. Hey...we gals put up with a level of that ALL the time. Its not hard to deal with and honestly...there's nothing disgusting about it if you just don't focus on it and focus on what you do like...the music, your friends, the vibe what have you :-)

For many people, Junior's parties are a truly amazing experience. Go with an open mind. No matter if you're straight....so long as you're not narrow you're good to go.

Saynotodrama...share the dancefloor with you soon! :-)

-Oo

I'm sure the CD's don't justify how well he spins, It's always better live anyway. Thanks for the advise, we will see maybe sometime in the future.

I have an open mind, hitting on me is one thing, but honestly, I'd rather not see guys all over each other - or worse....if you catch my drift. I'm sure I can zone it out,

I will see him spin one day....I give him props so we will see....For now I need some other scene...

On a lighter note...

Anyone going to Jamaica??? Cosmic beach is to be off the hook, only a few short weeks away

Check this site out

cosmicbeach2k.com

This is gonna be the party of this hemisphere...

so can I say I will see you on the dance floor in Jamaica or should I say dance beach...hehehehe

peace!!!

Why are straight people always freaked out by people (or more specifically men) getting nasty on the dance floor? Just relax children, its a party. Leave your "issues" at home, don't worry some much about what everyone else is doing, and let the man turn you out!

--Pre Phab

Originally posted by cro

I have an open mind, hitting on me is one thing, but honestly, I'd rather not see guys all over each other - or worse....if you catch my drift. I'm sure I can zone it out,

I will see him spin one day....I give him props so we will see....For now I need some other scene...

This is just a suggestion, not a judgement. Please take it as that...not agressive at all.

Now...seeing a heterosexual couple getting it on in a very very aggressive and overly exposed way bugs me. I find it a bit invasive. Same would be the case with a homosexual couple.

Now, I've been going to gay parties for a long time and its been VERY rare that I've seen a gay couple doing much more than kissing, touching sexually etc. There are exceptions but its rare. Same thing with heterosexual couples.

Honestly hon, I think you're letting your fear and your lack of exposure to this kind of lifestyle get to you. And if you see a couple doing more than you'd like to see...rather than getting all wigged out...walk away. Getting all uncomfortable by it doesn't do you any good at all...just makes you well, uncomfortable and no one likes to feel that way.

YOU can choose how you feel about it.

I've a feeling your issues aren't really based on bigotry at all, just social stigma, what we all are told by society as "straights" and what men are especially taught, say to eachother and socially trained to do. Honestly, I can't imagine why living with that much anxiety and discomfort with other people can be a fun or nice way to live. Move on from it...it ain't worth it :-)

And ya never know..you might learn to appreciate something new even if its not your thing or something you'd particpate in. And...you might exposed to new people that you enjoy being around.

And I know I don't speak for all women here but for myself...a man that is homophobic even slightly is an immediate turn off. I know many other women who feel that way. So if you need to motivate yourself that way...go for it ;-) The motivator may not be the "best" one but the result would be the same.

Good luck! And hope to share the dancefloor one day.

-Oo

Originally posted by saynotodrama

very nice. i must say i hadnt even taken into consideration all the crap going on in new york (externally) in my poor opinion of last sunday. very true about junior's fans not coming until late. i walked in at 9am and was thus quite dissapointed when it ended at 1pm. but i didnt have to pay for some odd reason, so i shouldnt be too upset!! i cant wait for this week; ill be there early (nicky siano (!) and austin downey in the 3rd floor a/c'ed lounge) and junior is spinning the whole time.

how late do you expect him to go this week? 2?

Originally posted by ooana

Some friendly given advice. Give it another try. Realize of course that his sets are VERY different than his CDs. The party doesn't really start till around 5/6am so take a disco nap then come check it out then.

-Oo

i must say thats one thing that somewhat disspoints me about the music at times. its like, just play something that i know! i realize that sounds cheesy and narrow-minded experientially, but im just being honest. he knows that if he even teases in something like "come together" or "work it now" we're gonna get ALL EXCITED. but then again, thats part of the beauty of junior's parties--the music comes from inside him; hes not just playing to produce a specific and calculated end. and THATS why we DO keep coming back week after week. in a sense, the "off nights" are as important as the "on" ones are. they most certainly add to the sense of macro experience and family that are ESSENTIAL to junior vasquez as more than just dj in the simple sense of "player of records." we stay loyal because junior gives us so much more...something to believe in and something to be a real part of week after week.

see you all sunday!!!

I was chatting on another board with another Junior fan about this week.

Overall I thinkt the night was musically excellent...accept for the last hour or so. I actually liked that the energy was a bit calmer. I think it was a good antithesis and compliment to last week. Hopefully...things will swing the other direction this week and we'll be jelly on the floor by the end of afternoon ;)

Thus far, none have his closings at Exit have hit me (yet) the way quite a few of his closings at Twilo did. (Unfortunately I missed Arena so I can't comment there.)

I'm hopeful that as he gets use to Exit and Exit gets use to him we'll experience those amazing closings again. Till then...its still great but boy I can't wait for what we KNOW can happen. And...heh, I really do miss that blue afternoon light that Mike D gave us :-(

I'm betting that he'll go later this week simply because (I hope) there'll be a little less holding him back from going full out. This was a bit of a crazy week both politically and I'm sure for the party itself. The second/third night of a new party often is the roughest I've found.

Junyahsboy...you're right...Junior can be frustrating as all hell sometimes. Ya know..kinda like foreplay that takes FOREVER. But...that's part of the magic I think. The teasing and then really nailing ya eventually makes it even better. There are some "well knowns" that I wish we'd hear but I've a gut feeling will will soon enough. Heh, and there's nothing cheesy about that...well, okay maybe a little bit but I'm guilty too. I'm jonsing to hear Pure Energy on a system again and I haven't yet. Maybe he's been playing it earlier than I arrive...not sure.

Beyond that, even on the "off nights" this party has grown to mean a lot to me. Even if musically it isn't one of his best (so long as he doesn't opt to torture us for an evening with thankfully he hasn't done in a while but we all know he's capable of it ;) ) the energy, crowd, familiar faces and vibe are always a huge pleasure.

I think Earth has a lot of potential and its still young and I'm sure will evolve. But already I think we've seen a lot of great things/changes from Twilo which is wonderful since it is a VERY different party. Seeing Kevin perform regularly again! Great fun. And perhaps its just me but there seems to be a LOT less of an overall sense of drama than there was at the end of Twilo: many more smiles and people on their feet. Very few clustures of folks just sitting and "looking fierce" if you catch my drift. ;)

-Oo

Originally posted by ooana

many more smiles and people on their feet. Very few clustures of folks just sitting and "looking fierce" if you catch my drift. ;)

theres a nice contingent of us actively trying to NOT do this...fighting each other and ourselves. but im sure u know it aint always easy. :laugh: that damn animal just rips her way thru sometimes.