Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Need Reviews Of The Friday Parties In Jersey - (no Promoters Please)

get rid of the old geiser's on friday s and you'll prob have a decent line up. if u ask me groove luna medditeraneo ar whatever other names the promoters call their party on friday at medditeraneo itsucks

Image great when denny t's there thats about it. otherwise

METRO all the way baby

Joeys on friday is a wierd combination of people old men in polyester suits the music is hit or miss. Image is ok but the crowd is a little seedy at times. Metro get my vote also it's a good looking young crowd and the music there you dont get anywhere else in jersey. I havent been to luna since last year so i cant tell you how it is.

FRIDAYS @

1)Abyss - hate the club's set up,crowd sucks but Richie is good

2)Bunka - i go there on saturdays only

3)Metro - havent been there yet this year but i wanna check it out

4)Joeys - never went on friday, but music always sucks when i go on thur or sunday, random old people in suits hanging out there a lot too

no offense to anyone that works at any of these clubs, but come'on now.......NJ clubs just arent 'off the hook" like some of you people describe them

Well, I haven't been to all that many clubs this year but i can say that Joey's was not living up to last year's reputation. I've had much better times staying home. The music wasn't to good and the crowd really stunk. I've only been to Sound Garden on opening night , only hoping for the best. It was just the same as every other time I've been there, no good. One other place is Mediterraneo. I really can't say anything bad about the place. The service at the bar is good, the crowd is decent and the music makes you move. But, the scene is still new there is still hope:rolleyes:

Metro Has a quality established party on Friday w/their resident DJ Richie Rydell.

I know that Joey's has Kirk Lopez, by any measure a quality choice of DJ, but I have not been there on Friday. I can say that in general that music format at Joey's does not challenge or stretch the audience.

Yes I know they have booked Ediie and Denny and others in that vein, but that is not really a stretch. I would very much like to see them do a few of the following things:

A) An increased use of projected visuals. Get some media/film student from a local university to create new visual concepts on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. Some of these could be potentially theme based and you could base specific parties around specific themes.

B) Stretch musically in terms of the guest bookings. Try booking some other US based talent. George Acosta, Sandra Collins, Taylor, John Debo, Micro, BT, and others should be brought in.

C) Give some unknown local talent a shot. Book up and coming local DJ's for 1 hour guest spots to close out the night.

Abyss is the only place I'll go to in NJ. Everywhere else is lacking in one way or another, whether its the music or the crowd. Plus you can't beat gettin in free there and Dimitry buyin drinks all nite! Now thats how NJ should be. Plus Santana droppin the ill beats. Can't go wrong with it, in my opinion. But to each is own..:D :D

• 5 years later...
...I would very much like to see them do a few of the following things:

A) An increased use of projected visuals. Get some media/film student from a local university to create new visual concepts on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. Some of these could be potentially theme based and you could base specific parties around specific themes.

B) Stretch musically in terms of the guest bookings. Try booking some other US based talent. George Acosta, Sandra Collins, Taylor, John Debo, Micro, BT, and others should be brought in.

C) Give some unknown local talent a shot. Book up and coming local DJ's for 1 hour guest spots to close out the night.

I'm a DJ&VJ who's past residencies have included Exit (NYC) Risk (CT) and Deja Vu (Brooklyn). These days, I've been spending a lot of time working to merge video & music in order to play video-DJ sets. If you wanna check out what I do, go to http://www.vj2015.com

I love to hear people starting to talk about wanting to "see" and not just "hear" a DJ show!!