Clubplanet Nightlife Community

mediterranean this past friday

i'm new to this board so i guess i'll just talk about what i did this past friday. i went to mediterranean last friday, i was just driving by and i saw alot of cars in the parking lot, so i checked it out.

i haven't heard too much about the place, but i'll tell you one thing i had an off da hook time there. the girls are beautiful, the place is nice, and the music suprisingly was really good too. And to top it all off they stayed open till almost 3:00am. i just wanted to check it out, then i ended staying there the whole night. i can't go this week, but i'm definitely going back there again.

Well, I must agree that the newbie sounded like they were telling a story but I can agree that Meditteraneo is a pretty good Friday night spot. I personally, don't care for Metro or the city. A couple of friends mentioned that it was an older crowd and the music was worth going for. So, I finally made it over there and to my surprise it was worth the trip. The crowd was ok, music worth going back for and the service at the bar was commendable. Two Fridays ago was the first time i was there and totally not what I expected. I was told the crowd was a little stuck up. But, not true. So, we'll see what happens the next time. I would definately say it is worth a try, unless Joey's, Metro, or the City is more your pace for a Friday night.

Originally posted by nightlife1

i'm new to this board so i guess i'll just talk about what i did this past friday. i went to mediterranean last friday, i was just driving by and i saw alot of cars in the parking lot, so i checked it out.

i haven't heard too much about the place, but i'll tell you one thing i had an off da hook time there. the girls are beautiful, the place is nice, and the music suprisingly was really good too. And to top it all off they stayed open till almost 3:00am. i just wanted to check it out, then i ended staying there the whole night. i can't go this week, but i'm definitely going back there again.

If the music was good you must like "Wedding DJ's" because the music there is lame. If the women are good, hey go for it, but no way is the music there a draw unless you like cheese!

Originally posted by laraver

If the music was good you must like "Wedding DJ's" because the music there is lame. If the women are good, hey go for it, but no way is the music there a draw unless you like cheese!

My thoughts exactly. I haven't been there in a while, but when I was there the music was complete garbage, and I mean crap like Z100. And as far as the service at the bars, that was probably my biggest complaint about the place (besides the line, that was for absolutely NO reason at all). It was next to impossible to get a drink becauseof the ratio of people in comparison to bar tenders. Just my opinion of the place, but then again that was a while ago, so who knows, maybe its gotten better???:confused:

Originally posted by snowgirl007

We had a great time last fri at Med. Its not for little x heads like that Laraver obviously is. We chilled out behind the curtains and we thought the music was really good too, anyway tonight will be my third time their. see ya

I never touch drugs actually.........:D

• 2 weeks later...

So i made the mistake of listening to snowgirl007, californiagirl and nightlife1... What a nightmare! The music was the best part but that really isn't say much. I dragged some of my friends, my boyfriend and a few of his friends with me and I was so embarrassed.

First off, I walk in and on the dance floor was one of the largest women I have ever seen... she is twirling around with what I am assuming is her daughter who is no more then 10 years old. I know the place is a restaurant earlier in the night but at 12:00 there is no need for me to be sluggin back Tequilla with a tiny tot and her tub o lard mom... (sorry but I am completely bitter about the night).

We head to the bar for drinks and wait almost 20 minutes for 4 screw drivers that contained 99% orange juice and 1% vodka (I have stonger drinks for breakfast).

After another 20 minutes of watching my boyfriend and his friends get molested by the Over 40 club (i guess Mediteranio is where they hold the weekly meeting... they can converse about how to stuff their drooping asses and tits into the spandex outfits they were sporting). Lets not over look that my friends and I were invited to join some Johnny Carson/ Bob Hope look alikes at their table for old fart cider. How absolutely mortifying to have these decrepid men thinking that because the showed off the Mercades key chain that they had a chance in hell of taking home a table full of mid 20' year old women... As IF!

Not to be completely misleading, there were a few younger people there but these for the (most part) were like the people that used to be social enough to go to the dance but not quite social enough to mingle at it.

My recomendation... stay away from Mediteranio

Originally posted by sigmagal

So i made the mistake of listening to snowgirl007, californiagirl and nightlife1... What a nightmare! The music was the best part but that really isn't say much. I dragged some of my friends, my boyfriend and a few of his friends with me and I was so embarrassed.

First off, I walk in and on the dance floor was one of the largest women I have ever seen... she is twirling around with what I am assuming is her daughter who is no more then 10 years old. I know the place is a restaurant earlier in the night but at 12:00 there is no need for me to be sluggin back Tequilla with a tiny tot and her tub o lard mom... (sorry but I am completely bitter about the night).

We head to the bar for drinks and wait almost 20 minutes for 4 screw drivers that contained 99% orange juice and 1% vodka (I have stonger drinks for breakfast).

After another 20 minutes of watching my boyfriend and his friends get molested by the Over 40 club (i guess Mediteranio is where they hold the weekly meeting... they can converse about how to stuff their drooping asses and tits into the spandex outfits they were sporting). Lets not over look that my friends and I were invited to join some Johnny Carson/ Bob Hope look alikes at their table for old fart cider. How absolutely mortifying to have these decrepid men thinking that because the showed off the Mercades key chain that they had a chance in hell of taking home a table full of mid 20' year old women... As IF!

Not to be completely misleading, there were a few younger people there but these for the (most part) were like the people that used to be social enough to go to the dance but not quite social enough to mingle at it.

My recomendation... stay away from Mediteranio

BRUTAL!

to sigmagal,

that was kind of a brutal night, but i have to interject on one thing, your telling me you don't see those 40+ guys in joeys or south city, there is only about 10 of those guys in there anyway.

i was actually there, and the music was definitely good, the basis of the party is not 40 year old men, there is definitely a good looking crowd there. the funny thing is i started laughing when i saw that fat lady with her 10 year old daughter( i guessed 12), but anyhow, the only problem i had, and i go there every week before joeys, was that it was a definite sausage party this past week and it is always filled w/ hot girls. and when do you not wait 10 minutes for a drink anywhere else ( i highly doubt you waited 20 minutes) im a guy and i don't even wait that long before i can get a drink. but sorry you had a bad time, i guess i won't be running into you there any time soon. don't be so critical, mediterraneo is definitely a good time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM, THAN LIKED FOR WHO I'M NOT.........

There were a total of 3 guys in the place that I would say were attractive, as for the girls they were in a much better class. Maybe you happened to be one of the 3 attractive guys that I spotted or maybe you were a 4th that I hadn't noticed. But botton line the attractive men were limited, as for the woman they were much better on average (minus the fat chick and the Mom's in leather) I guess what I am getting at is for a guy this place gets a better review than for a girl.

Also... I have been to Carusso's the old men there usually send the drinks to my table or just pick up my tab when i am at the Bar. They know better than to think that they have a fighting chance in hell at getting anything from me. I don't give a damn about the Farrari or the Porche... I need to have physical and emotional attraction... Not gonna happen with Grandpa.

As for South City... Don't get me started on that place!

to my sweet sigmagal,

i guess the first experience, is what people go on, i definitely go on that at least. but maybe, just maybe, the next time if ever you go there again, hopefully you will have a better experience.

and maybe the next time you'll notice that 4th attractive guy in the place.lol

your opinion, i do respect, not like alot of people on this board.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM, THAN LIKED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

Once again, I must say that we had a fabulous time.. The music was great and the entire place drunk or who knows what. The thing is that it was a totally mixed crowd. I guess some people do not like that, but I personally love it. Im sick of going to places with 500 18 year olds on X. Their was definately a lot of good looking guys and girls, but their was also definately some goofballs their, but thats ok because we made them buy us our drinks.

see ya on fri

Originally posted by snowgirl007

We had a great time last fri at Med. Its not for little x heads like that Laraver obviously is. We chilled out behind the curtains and we thought the music was really good too, anyway tonight will be my third time their. see ya

No it's not for little x heads, but its certainly great for beat coke heads like you "snow" girl :D