Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Last Saturday@Space

miamijosh

it was Oscar G ....im telling you besides the monster DJs that Space brings thier residents are sooooo solid Edgar, Oscar and Ivano are awesome id liek to hear complete sets from them instead of haveing mediocre DJs

unless its like Tenaglia, Cox, Oakie, Deep Dish , Van Dyk, Tiesto

Oscar is finally getting the hometown recognition he deserves. I mean this guy was touring the finest Italian clubs alongside Tony Humphries, Frankie Knuckles, David Moralez(just to name a few) since he was a young whipper snapper in 92. But in Miami, unless you were a DJ it was like, Murk who? Oscar what?

Oscar if you're out their, what the hell did you do with all that $$$ when you couldn't have been more than 21????

I remember when the only time I could catch one of his sets down here was during WMC. Masters at Murk in 94 was one of my favorites with Louie Vega, Kenny Dope, Oscar and Ralph, Tony Humphries etc. Totally off the hook..

Cya Saturday G Man.

I recently moved to Miami but have been fortunate enough to have heard Oscar's sets in Vinyl- NYC, Yellow-Tokyo, MOS-London, Pacha-Ibiza besides Space.

Although I am not associated in any way with Murk or FGD, I am in the industry, and can tell you thet its about f*%in time Oscar is recognized in his own back yard the same way he is recognized in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia (the other side of the planet), where a herd of 7000 Malaysians would wait in line to here him.

Yo Oscar, Miami is finally getting the point, the drum loops you ere playing 2 years ago are what some locals are refering to as "the new dark house sound":laugh: , you gotta luv em....

PEACE...

Originally posted by sobeton

the music was outta hand, in the main room. I was to busy, dancing my arse off, to notice who was in the booth. the main room, and patio; were equally impressive.

OK. It was Oscar in the main room I hear. And, as always it was Ivano Bellini on the patio as "kickass" usual.

Originally posted by no-pastilleros

its about f*%in time Oscar is recognized in his own back yard the same way he is recognized in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia (the other side of the planet), where a herd of 7000 Malaysians would wait in line to here him.

GO OSCAR!!!!!!!

We Hear You!!

You earned my Vote of Recognition this weekend!

peace and love

mj

Originally posted by aztec-mystic

Oscar if you're out their, what the hell did you do with all that $$$ when you couldn't have been more than 21????

Cya Saturday G Man.

LOL:laugh:

REAL ESTATE!!!!!

THANKS FOR ALL THE KIND WORDS GUYS:)

I really appreciate it, and I'm glad to see some people are starting to get what I'm doing. With the support of true music-lovers like you guys we can really create something special.(I HOPE!)

SEE YOU ON SATURDAY!!!

BTW: I will be playing on the patio for afterhours on Fridays, come say hello, I would love to meet some of you CP members. It's alot easier for me to talk out there as it is a bit more laid back.

Originally posted by djoscarg

THANKS FOR ALL THE KIND WORDS GUYS:)

I really appreciate it, and I'm glad to see some people are starting to get what I'm doing. With the support of true music-lovers like you guys we can really create something special.(I HOPE!)

SEE YOU ON SATURDAY!!!

BTW: I will be playing on the patio for afterhours on Fridays, come say hello, I would love to meet some of you CP members. It's alot easier for me to talk out there as it is a bit more laid back.

Thanks Oscar, you are the man!

when are u coming back to play at vinyl?

first time i heard of murk was way back in WMC 93 and it was a thursday night party at the now defunct luke's on 5th street. forgot the name, its been so long.

8 years later you're finally getting the respect u deserve. keep up the great work!

I remember when Oscar first took to the 1200s at Space. Edgar said "Hey Dan, come and take a photo of me and our new resident, Oscar G!"

I was like "Murk Oscar G? No way!"

It's a shame he had to wait so long to get hometown recognition....like another poster said, when he spins elsewhere, it's a sold out event, but until recently, Miami's reaction was "Oscar who?" or at best "Oh Danny's friend!"

I've got a few of his compilations, and they're all quite well done...I'd love to get a DAT of a live set though :).

Originally posted by Nolimit

when are u coming back to play at vinyl?

first time i heard of murk was way back in WMC 93 and it was a thursday night party at the now defunct luke's on 5th street. forgot the name, its been so long.

8 years later you're finally getting the respect u deserve. keep up the great work!

Damn! WMC 93? Club God indeed!

Hey thanks NoLimit, I will probably be back at Vinyl in January (and maybe November) hope to see you there.

Nolimit was a clubgoer when most of us (myself included) were dreaming of the day we'd be able to drive past a club on our own, much less get in...:)

Yeah, I'm a youngun, won't say how old though. (over 21 how's that :) )

Originally posted by pod

I remember when Oscar first took to the 1200s at Space. Edgar said "Hey Dan, come and take a photo of me and our new resident, Oscar G!"

I was like "Murk Oscar G? No way!"

It's a shame he had to wait so long to get hometown recognition....like another poster said, when he spins elsewhere, it's a sold out event, but until recently, Miami's reaction was "Oscar who?" or at best "Oh Danny's friend!"

I've got a few of his compilations, and they're all quite well done...I'd love to get a DAT of a live set though :).

Hey, do you still have that photo? I'll trade you for that dat you want:)

Thanks for the props! Somehow it means alot more to me coming from my hometown than the rest of the world.

I have it somewhere in my binders (Volume 2 i think...) I still shoot film so it's akin to searching a filing cabinet :). Anyone wanna let me 'borrow' 3 grand so I can go full digital?

God, me with a D30...(drool)If it came to a D30 versus a date with Denise Richards, I'd take the D30 right now.