Clubplanet Nightlife Community

"It was obscene, dirty, filthy...." Back from Satoshi Tomiie @ filter 14

jght7

well just got in and settled and what can I say.....it was amazing and definitely worth staying out on a tuesday! Now can someone explain to me why he doesn't have a regular gig in NYC???? I don't care if it's @ filter 14, vinyl, or somebody's basement can someone please have this guy playing regularly in NYC....Now i don't know if anyone else from the board showed up.....i checked the area where everyone was supposed to meet up but i really couldn't tell if anyone there was from the board. Now about his set....all i can say that it was sick and relentless and i had to stay 'till the very end. He blew my mind track after track....like when he went from a dj vibe track to the nat monday track.....and i was so happy that he dropped my current favorite from king unique. and it all sounded so sweet on that sound system....you gotta give them credit....although it's a small club it has one of the best sound systems that i've heard yet.

I hate to say this again but it's almost a shame that he doesn't play more often in nyc. He's been around for a while and he's well respected both as a dj and producer. he's definitely one of my favorite and i hope he gets a regular gig in nyc.

I agree...And why TUESDAYS!!!! :( It so hard to hafta leave b/c your too tired and wanna save energy for work the next day....I didn't make the meet-up...Who was there? Glad to meet saigray and blowfyi (sp?) [how was Fortier???] I was too busy on stage dancing to make the meetup...And did anyone else see Howells? *swoon*

-Jamms "loveintraffic" :cool:

WOW....so glad I made the effort and dragged my ass out on a Tuesday (even if I wasn't yet ready to try the all night-into work day thang) Satoshi is by far the most exciting dj I've heard in a while- deep banging house, great tribal drums, what was that old-school disco line he threw in there?- just feel-good, don't stop movin, vibe-inducing goodness! WOO-HOO!

I still maintain my request that we get him a Friday night gig so I can stay with him till the end- I'm just not hard-core.

As far as the meet-up, everyone I knew who was going bailed at the last minute, and being shy, I wasn't up for combing the end of the bar whispering "u on the board?" C'est la vie. Jammy, nice meetin u....everyone else, thanks for just being part of the great vibe in that place.

Till next time (or friday ;-))

i had so many reasons not go last night but i went anyways and it was totally worth it, i knew it would be. i didn't get there until 1 so i missed the meetup, anyways ...

his set was BANGIN

i stayed till a little after 3:30 and could of gone for another couple hours but i needed my 4 hours sleep

although he could and should be doing bigger nights, i kind of dig that he spins on tuesdays there. it adds something to the smooth vibe and jght7 is right, that system bumps real nice. its nights like this that I almost prefer going out midweek rather than weekends

I was wearing a dark fisherman hat, blue shirt w/ white shoulders

sorry i missed everyone

wow...that's all I can say...i've been looking for an excuse to check out Filter 14, and that was just perfect. I'd never heard Satoshi live before, and i'm definitely a fan now. Plus, that sound system was just sick!!!

i think i saw a couple of people from the boards, but not sure. i definitely bumped into a lot of people i hung out with at howells on sat though.

sorry for all you guys who missed out!!! :(

Fortier was free and he was under appreciated. It was like few people knew what he and guys from his day did for the scene. Random crowd, but i had a blast the bartender and I were about the only ones dancing. What an incredible show. He emailed me today about some up and comming cd's. I didn't know he lives in NY now. He is looking for a residency. Maybe the new club that opens in November? Who knows. It was nice to be back to that palce havent been there since its opening.

B

Seems like there were quite a few of us there that didn't manage to find each other... nevertheless... we showed up a little before 2AM and were very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the sound. It didn't take long for the combination of Satoshi's banging beats and our recreational imbibings to get us on the good foot. A little too crowded at first, but we found room to shake. My friends headed out about 4, I met a crazy Russian dance teacher and we closed the place down with wild boogies.

One of the better nights out in a while: kickass music on a decent sound system, good vibe. Whoever called it a "mini-Twilo" wasn't so far off-- though the mere thought of hearing Satoshi on the Phazon system makes me teary.

Anybody got $75,000 to buy the Phazon on eBay?

And hope to meet some of you folk another night.

Originally posted by blowflyii

Fortier was free and he was under appreciated. It was like few people knew what he and guys from his day did for the scene. Random crowd, but i had a blast the bartender and I were about the only ones dancing. What an incredible show. He emailed me today about some up and comming cd's. I didn't know he lives in NY now. He is looking for a residency. Maybe the new club that opens in November? Who knows. It was nice to be back to that palce havent been there since its opening.

B

I have layed off you for a while but for real why do you think people are going to belive you... for the love of mike !!! ( for all you big guy and rusty fans out there)

dont you know that silence builds credibility of which you have very lil in my book and Im sure others aggree with me as well if not well who cares your still pompus and elitest.. and not in thr good way either...

[*_-=C=-_*]

Man thanks for comming back I knew you would. Isn't everyone a little pompus. If I sound like a bragger than I did not mean it. I simply found it interesting that some people who do well for themselves are down to earth. Again I look forward to meeting you in the future, and hope we can have some interesting debate

s.

Thank you for the challenge....

Continue to think for yourself..

and Question authority...

DB and MJk

Man thanks for comming back I knew you would. Isn't everyone a little pompus. If I sound like a bragger than I did not mean it. I simply found it interesting that some people who do well for themselves are down to earth. Again I look forward to meeting you in the future, and hope we can have some interesting debate

s.

Thank you for the challenge....

Continue to think for yourself..

and Question authority...

DB and MJk

::: SCreaming At the TOp of my lungs:::

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!

Stop tryign to hurt my brain

Please you wont win

[*_-=C=-_*]

I knew you had it in you sice....see I liked that you challenged me. IT has been nice talking to you. Chill with your brain it is fine. Start reading up on your warhol because there is a test soon.

Dude I am no where near or will ever be that Esoteric and wasn't Warhol and artist?

[*_-=C=-_*]

Damn it! I wanted to go, but decided to stay in. I've been dying to see him live. Japanese DJs are SICK. I spent the summer in Tokyo and there's so much crazy shit going on at the clubs any night of the week. He's pretty much the king of them, but there's another guy John Robinson (But I can't seem to find of CDs of his in the states) who's just off the fuckin' hook. There's tons of talent in Asia and the clubs are just crazy. So many weird visual effects and shit. Definately should have more Japanese or Asian DJs drop by some time in NYC.

Originally posted by siceone

::: SCreaming At the TOp of my lungs:::

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!

Stop tryign to hurt my brain

Please you wont win

[*_-=C=-_*]

and here I felt like a bitch the whole time when I would get to this level with him....I'M NOT ALONE:)