Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Club Owner of the Year Has to go To Richard Grant (Sound Factory) he just shocked me!

Ok from the promoters point of view not a lot of people like Richard because well basically he hates promoters. Owner of the Original SOUND FACTORY on 27th (which became TWILO) Richard has been respondsible for starting for some of NY's (not to mention the world's) best DJs.

Now those who know Richard yes sometimes he is crazy and raving queen. But he must be the most generous CLUB OWNER in NYC.

Yes after the WTC Sound Factory was the first Mega Club reopened and has given more money to the WTC charities than any other promoter or nightclub in NY and to boot everyone remembers every year the TOY DRIVE SF has on Jonthan's Christmas Party Night.

Well Seems that Mr. Grant is doing more than that. I was at our pre-event meeting @ BIG BROTHERS/BIG SISTERS NY for the CHILDREN's HOPE FOUNDATION. The CHF Offices have been moved there due to the WTC tragedy. This Org. provids support service to children and teens afflicted with HIV/AIDS. Well long story short. This Saturday in the morning Mr. Grant has given free of charge costumes, face paints, catering and the use of Sound Factory for free to hold our Childrens Halloween Party in the morning and afternoon. 4500 people are expected with 200 volunteers 100 from CHASE MANHATTAN BANK.

Just wanted you guys to know that someone is still continuing the love. And I think we all should.

I need volunteers for not this halloween party but the upcoming Christmas drives and parties. Also I need volunteers from the NewYork City Marathon not to run but to help with set up and day of posts. PM me if you are interested.:D

Keep the Love Coming

L

Found him to be extremely nice and helpful! Spent a few hours with us one day helping guide our business and I will never forget that. Even walked a group of us in on JPs birthday! Richard does business a certain way and obviously it is working for him and I respect that. What I have noticed is the people that have bad things to say about that club or management there usually are promoting another club against them.

My hats off to Richard for what he has done here and I am not surprised at all. May others in the biz take a lesson from him.. Tina

Originally posted by doubtness

I think he's promoting for lil kids, so that when they go up to be over 18+, they'll be like, LET'S GOTO SOUND FACTORY!!!! :tongue:

Originally posted by realz

you gotta remember, charity = less tax

Originally posted by bxbomb

hopefully the jars will be cleaned up off the floor from the night before

hahha... i swear, you people are so cynical... funny stuff though... LoL:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: