Clubplanet Nightlife Community

BPMs QUESTION

dcsglow

Is there any program you can get off the internet, that will tell you the BPMs of different songs...I just recently bought turntables...but I wanna know what songs have what BPM...so is there a program i could just play a song in and then it would tell me the BPM...cause if so then I could just download songs I like, then try to find them in the stores...thanks

Do not . . . I repeat . . DO NOT get a tempo program. . .

It will hinder your ability to beat match in the long run, kind of like looking at the lights that track the tempo on most mixers (the VU is different cause it's showing the zone only, although you can see channels independently with some . .)

DJ'ing is 90 percent feel . . If you KNOW your records well enough, you can mentally spell out every step of every bar without fail, and know almost instantly what kinds of pitching is needed to get the two in synch.

. .. It's a wonderful thing when you feel it for the first time. . beatmatching . . It's like your mind just suddenly wakes up from this sleep and realizes what rythim is . .

. . . .After a while you can start any song in your collection at any point, and still know the location of the next drop. .

Learn blind, you can introduce the gadgetry later . . .

Originally posted by phuturephunk

Do not . . . I repeat . . DO NOT get a tempo program. . .

It will hinder your ability to beat match in the long run, kind of like looking at the lights that track the tempo on most mixers (the VU is different cause it's showing the zone only, although you can see channels independently with some . .)

DJ'ing is 90 percent feel . . If you KNOW your records well enough, you can mentally spell out every step of every bar without fail, and know almost instantly what kinds of pitching is needed to get the two in synch.

. .. It's a wonderful thing when you feel it for the first time. . beatmatching . . It's like your mind just suddenly wakes up from this sleep and realizes what rythim is . .

. . . .After a while you can start any song in your collection at any point, and still know the location of the next drop. .

Learn blind, you can introduce the gadgetry later . . .

Thats right.

About the program, try PCDJ, even the free copy.:)