Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone going to Far Hills Race tomorrow?

DaVe

Anyone going or been to the Far Hills race tomorrow? I have some questions:

- Drive or NJ Transit?

- What time should we get there?

- What should we bring?

- Is it fun?

I don't know much about it, but some friends said it was a great time.

This is what my friend sent me:

Hello all,

I have most likely mentioned "The Hunt" to most of you. If not, "The Hunt", it is a giant all-day party (& horse race) with tens of thousands of your closest friends. The event takes place in beautiful Far Hills, NJ.

You need an admission ticket to get in the gate and a ticket for the party.

Admission tickets ($40) may be purchased at the following Hoboken locations:

Kings Super Markets, Inc., 1212 Shipyard Center (12th & Hudson)

Onieal's Bar and Restaurant, 343 Park Avenue

Sparrow Wine & Liquor Co., 1224 Shipyard Lane

For other locations, visit www.farhillsrace.org and click on "advance tickets"for a full list of locations.

Admission tickets at the event are $80, so buy your tickets in advance!!!

I've never been to it but I heard it's a blast. From what I've heard it's an all day drinking event with a more upscale crowd. Everyone is too drunk to care about the horse races. I was invited to go and am still debating.

There is public transit available from Hoboken station. So take the PATH to Hoboken, get on the the NJ transit Gladstone Line and take it to far hills stop(~45min-1hour). Specifically for tommorow, they are providing shuttle service between the train station and the raceway.

OH MY GOD.. I can't believe people on this board are talking about The Hunt! I grew up going to this thing my whole life. It's an all day drinking fest...people are wasted at like 11:00am! It's alot of fun. For me it has always been more like a high school reunion every year!

DEFINITELY take NJ Transit to the Far Hills Station and Follow the masses of people! If there happens to be any rainfall between now and then...WEAR BOOTS!! Get there between 10 and 11:00am, earlier the better, the crowds get ridiculous! What should you bring? If you know people that have a "spot" just brink a bottle and/or some sort of food!

You should have a great time!

Originally posted by grace

a question for those of you who have been to the hunt before: are shorts and sneakers too casual?

Not really, although you will see some SNOTTAY people walking around, some people dress quite nice! And the only cars you will see in the place are Bentleys, Mercedes (nothing below an S-class), etc. you get the picture... Won't you be a little chilly with shorts? It's an ALL DAY outdoor event! I guess it's going to be a pretty nice day for it though!