Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Digital7 mixing it up this weekend

georgeacasta2

I finally got a chance to hear my friend Danny aka Digital7 spin this weekend. I haven't really taken the time to break down all of the mayhem that transpired that night in my place. For starters his mixing skills are smooth........not just smooth, really smooth. It was dark progressive sound combined with elements of techno and tech-house and even some chunky funky baselines. His style isn't easy to pegion hole. It's very fluid almost like water. The progression of sounds changes constantly. He uses uplifting chord progression and then dark progressive progessions. Breakbeats then tribal then deep progy house. Basically what impressed me the most besides his mixing skills was his range and taste in music. He doesn't limit himself to one particular style and sound all the while making it all sound like it's one coherent mix. The tempo and vibe were consistent through his whole set. I'm sure some of the people on the board have heard his records before and might not be as impressed as I was however, I may not be a DJ but I am an avid music lover and I am very impressed. In my opinion, I got a taste of the future, compliments of D7.............Great job!

I don't usually state my opinion on the board but, I have heard most of the music mentioned on this messageboard. I think that gives me the right to critique my friends work objectively.

Originally posted by georgeacasta2

In my opinion, I got a taste of the future, compliments of D7.............Great job!

I don't usually state my opinion on the board but, I have heard most of the music mentioned on this messageboard. I think that should give me the right to critique my friends work objectively.

SOUNDS RIGHT! I've never heard one of Danny's sets, but if his taste in music is any reflection of his spinning ability- that boy has to be off the hook!

thanks for the kind words guys :) I really appreciate it ... I've only been doing it a couple of years, but it's the love for it that drives me (almost to the brink of insanity :)!). I'm finally trying to get my act together and release something worthwhile on cd, I'll def. keep everyone posted ...

whoa! why the hostility? :D

Actually it was a spare the moment sort of deal, GA called me up wanting to hang out @ his pad. I asked him if he wanted me to spin for a few hours and he gratefully accepted. It was really intimate, just a few of us. I'm actally planning alittle shindig soon in which I plan to invite all the usual suspects. We'll have Phrank, Sean, Felipe, B-Side and myself for a spin off. All are welcome. I'll keep everyone posted.

I know Sean, I've been slacking in that department. I just haven't been able to get my shit together with something decent. I don't usually like what I make anyways. I'm working on it, trying to incorporate some new tracks that I got. It's still in the works but atleast I'm seeing some kind of progress. :)

Junkie's, c'mon now? your going to get copies in your mailbox regardless if there's a dj comp or not? I'll let you know when I have the finished product :)

Hey Danny, what do you mean that you don't like your shit?! You gots to! It only takes 11-13 progressive records anyway to put together a one cd mix. You got the records. Just find the right combinations. Make a homework assignment out of it. Keep working on it, bro. I know you have good taste in progressive and I look forward to hearing something from you sometime soon.