Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ATTN: DJ's newbie mixer question Numark vs. Gemini?

Ive decided ive got 200 bucks to spend on a mixer. Two have caught my eye, the gemini PS676 and the Numark DM3002x.

Does anyone have any opinions on these or suggestions for other 3 channel mixers under 200 bucks? The ggemini has a 12 sec sampler..and the numark has kill switches...i dont really know how im going to utilize either as i have just started spinning..any help or suggestions is appreciated.

VJ

id get neither. save ur money and spend another 200 or so. gemini are pieces of shit. the crossfader will bleed in no time, if it doesnt right out of the box. plus the sampler sounds horrendous. i know cause a friend of mine has one. numark are better but not by much. i havent used a numark in years. i know the kill switches dont really kill the whole lows, mids and highs and if they do it doesnt sound clean. your better off putting ur $ into a vestax, allan & heath or the new denons in that price range.

yea....vastex is definatly the way to go... i personally have the numark em260 with the kaoss pad and i am really satisfied with it.. just need a new fader but thats about it.. the kaoss pad is really cool and can add some awesome effects to your mix but you really gotta practice with it. but i would say save your money and get a vastex.

peace out

gianni

totally. save up for a vestax.

or a pioneer (many will say they suck

but they make good mixers; especially

their models with bpm counters).

this mixer is the nubreed tho...

it has a resonant filter built in so you can

do low-frequency soundwarps like arman van helden

is so famous for overusing... or like richie uses tastefully :half:

I'm "a just getting started" DJ too.

A year a go I got a Numark DM1001ex. for like a $100.

And for the most part it has worked out as a good start up mixer.

I'm still at that stage where I like all styles of DJing so it's working out for me as a club mix and skrach fun.:)

Q?: why didn't you want to get technics for your turn tables?

Well good luck and happy spinning.

Glad to see that this will be a good place for DJ questions.

-Pepper K, DJ wanna be

WEll hey man it's alright. I have Gemini PT2000 III's and they've worked fine for the past year and a half. Probably going to sell them for techs tho. It's getting to the point where beatmaching and holding a steady mix is damn near impossible with these things. They're too bitchy.

Yeah, always be good to your wallet.

I just went big on my technics and small on everything eles.

Buy only what you need for now.

I for one plan on spinning for a long time, so give yourself time to biuld up a good set up that works for you.

happy spinning

-pepper K

Originally posted by phuturephunk

Save up a grand and buy a Rane, they're simply the best, there IS NO competition. . .

i dunno dood.

for a grand you can get one of the new hella sweet allen & heath ones... like the xone:32... that thing has filter in it, so not only can you crossfade/transform with the volume, but also fillter the signal with the fader. oooh eeee!