Clubplanet Nightlife Community

GU 21 Deep Dish

loraine

Well all I gotta say is that I really like this compilation. From the first track on cd 1 to the last one on cd 2. Very solid and reflective of Deep Dish during their quality back to back sets.

It's not like Yoshiesque but it's definately got the GU sound

(Proggy-house w/ some tribal elements as Deep Dish like it).

Gotta love the Nat Monday "Waiting" track along with Envy's "Falling" ofcourse, there are other excellent tracks but those are the ones that come to mind!

:)

Originally posted by pod

Luis Diaz dropped that track this saturday, I went nuts of course :).

See Danny, I can pay attention to track names :)

Proton Radio is streaming an MoS/GU Deep Dish mix right now recorded on Saturday.

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

I never doubted your abilities!

what happened to the 'deep' in the dish?

it sounds aiight for the first couple of listens but it doesn't grab me like a good mix should. dare i say that the tracks are a bit on the played side. fuck it, it's true. i've been hearing 'i feel stereo, rapture, thank u, wish u were here, nightwatch, manila sunrise' since may.that's 5 months!!!

and can u honestly tell me u like morel's vocal over 16b's escape?what a way to ruin such a great track.

im done ranting.

Originally posted by Nolimit

what happened to the 'deep' in the dish?

it sounds aiight for the first couple of listens but it doesn't grab me like a good mix should. dare i say that the tracks are a bit on the played side. fuck it, it's true. i've been hearing 'i feel stereo, rapture, thank u, wish u were here, nightwatch, manila sunrise' since may.that's 5 months!!!

and can u honestly tell me u like morel's vocal over 16b's escape?what a way to ruin such a great track.

im done ranting.

Right so it's not Deep F/ ya but hey I like it, and I actually think Morel's vocals work very nicely f/ Omid's track.

True these tracks are dated but they remind me of how much fun the summer of 2001 was for me. Plus they aren't cheesy but rather fun and well done.

D betta RECOGNIZE :tongue:

well patrick you are missing something.and the gu021 is nicely put together and it's fun,something the almighty clubgod d knows nothing about unless he has stimulants,and even then he's mr. negative.so d you better reconize the living legend and club icon is here.by the way isn't the music about havin' fun so stop being so thight ass and enjoy.:cool::zzz:

leo, sure, music can be fun, but i don't define 'fun' with a compilation FULL of tracks that Ive been hearing for the last 5 months. I don't think you would either.

What's so negative about being honest? If I liked it, like I have their previous mixes, I would of praised it. Something I do quite often when I hear something that i really enjoy.

STFU biznitch and maintain!

Originally posted by staceyg5

and get some no doze

oh is that what they are calling it these days?? <g> I think there should be a new movement, "Clubbing for Early Birds"......and those over a certain age get reduced prices at the door, just like restaurants do for the elderly. :) Ideally, I would *start* my "evening" at 4PM and call it a night at 11PM; that would fit my body clock quite well. :tongue:

Originally posted by patrickl

Ideally, I would *start* my "evening" at 4PM and call it a night at 11PM; that would fit my body clock quite well. :tongue:

I'm still pretty young but I agree! Whenever I go out I end up exhausted for another 2 days b/c my sleep schedule is thrown off. Its really, really, sad actually.

just got it the other day and pleasantly surprised

when i 1st saw the tracklisting, i thought to myself a little to obvious for my taste (especially when I know the tracks by name) but still was curious to hear how it was complied.

overall, easy listening from start to finish. if you are looking for "cutting" edge tracks this is not the cd. i will leave that up to mr. danny "the man" howells.

cd1: typical deepdish start...smooth and slow. absolutely love the 1st track. great vocals; mixed with a chill beat.

onto the waiting track (#4). don't care if it's played out, still dig'ng this track. maybe cause it reminds me of chris (calix or better known as bbflux's husband). heard him numerous times spinning this track months ago and not to mention watching him dance to it always puts a smile on my face. two words come to my mind...water bottle.

will have to agree with diego on the dido track. not feeling it at all but still works with the cd.

iio version of rapture is growing on me everytime i hear it. what can i say, that girl's voice is f*cking amazing. leo this baby is all yours...

cd 2: funky, groovy beats, combined with nice vocals. still need to listen to this cd once more to give a complete review...tbc

diego> you are one hard brother to please; aka the boy verison of L ;)