Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJ Dan

phrankadelic

Originally posted by joeygk

I'm so excited to hear some high energy house music at Space for once..........although i'm not so sure the "usual" audience at Space will feel the same way???????

I've been tempted to check out needle damage.......samples sound really funky. I think I'm in the mood for some west coast flava

He didn't clear out the place....c'mon now.....and he didn't suck either.........if anyone left Shadow is because they didn't know who he was and were expecting some overground commercial trance crap(like what the DJ after dan played which cleared US out at least).....

It was on a Friday(I think) and it defintely didn't suck! Dan is a great dj to go see... 100% Funky, Chunky House!!! He's such a killer guy too! A great example that being a "great one" has a bit more to do than just the records he plays!!! I think I still have a copy of Dan's set from a party I threw in 1996 in Pompano of all places!!! It was at a club called Impact! I am working on the 17th and I've already committed to catching the "Rasoul" flu on November 10th @ Billboard!!!!

Ahhhh... the memories!!! Anyone ever go to Simon's Gemini parties???

c'mon now Vaughan...did anyone go to the Gemini parties? Paleeze man...those were some of the sickest parties FL ever had. I was there every year from 93-98. And I went to the Simon's anniversary parties and even during Gator Growl. I remember MANY of nights where Dj Dan would be there along with Doc Martin. Back then Dan was more into funky, breaky house (for lack of a better description) that would just floor the whole crowd. me included of course. parties in the loft. upstairs in the garden. Dan gave once gave me a mixtape that was dubbed his "James Brown" mix. I still have it actually. P - H - A - T.

oh the memories.

as the reputations grew, then came the soulhouse - which i've seen THREE spin there a couple of times. very intimate setting. the party would then continue onto a buddy of mine's house - Tom Petty's old house. if any of you know of it...you know of the parties that went on there! Bsprite7.gif

Rasoul is Confirmed... at least that's what they're telling me! I first got word from Bonnie(noira) and Kevin... I did some P.I. work and confirmed it! And from what I know..Rasoul does NOT have a reputation as someone that wouldn't show up. Soooooooo... I have the "Rasoul Flu". I think I caught it from Bonnie!!!!

Originally posted by phrankadelic

c'mon now Vaughan...did anyone go to the Gemini parties? Paleeze man...

Sorry Frank... I keep forgetting 98.9% of everyone that grows up in Florida goes to School @ UF or USF. I am originally from Boston, MA/Newport, RI and moved here in '91 to finish up school at FAU. I was involved in the club scene up in Boston so I decided it was only natural to jump right in down here! I used to organize bus trips from Pompano to Simon's for his Gemini Parties and one New years Eve party! Much fun, much fun!

That's actually where I realized I was more into house music. I would start out in the main room with all of my friends and always find myself disappearing, groovin' all night in the loft w/ Chang or Three!:D I miss Chris Milo... he should be huge by now! I know he plays all over the world now but he's definitely a new hybrid of Doc Martin (my opinion)!

just bustin your balls vaughan. i grew up here in miami and went to school in UCF. so lamesville was only 45 mins away. i had a lot of friends that went to UF, so i visited often. and yeah...caught chang and three A LOT. chang really made a name for himself in gainesville and it's made him known. i've actually caught some of rasoul's releases and they are TIGHT! he's one of my favorite house dj's out right now. straight up smooth, deep house. if it is true, and bonnie please confirm, it's going to be a GREAT w/e. first sean @ space, burridge @ crobar then rasoul the next day @ billboard? NICE!

btw - here's a shot of Rasoul (which i've posted a couple of times) and chang in the background during the WMC. i must say...a very nice 2 1/2 hr set!

djrasoul.jpg

Originally posted by vaughanz

I've already committed to catching the "Rasoul" flu on November 10th @ Billboard!!!!

Ahhhh... the memories!!! Anyone ever go to Simon's Gemini parties???

Rasoul @ Billboard on the 10th? ... Nice, Nice Vaughn! I think I'll catch that flu too ;) ... Phrank, I take it you'll be in attendance as well?

Gemini Party? ... One word. Wicked. although I've only been to one and I could only speak from that experiece, but there's no reason why the other one's wouldn't be off da hook! .. got to see Sasha & John Digweed along with Jimmy van Malleghem over four years ago @ Simon's for the Gemini party, one of my fondest memories along with Gator-Gra (which I remember very little!)

ah! didn't notice I mispelled that! :o ... sick you say? uuhh! I threw up for the next 2 days after that .. I got alittle out of hand!

CP meetup? why ofcourse! this should be off the hook! This will be the first time I catch a Rasoul live performance, I'm getting excited :)