Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Liquid/Stripclub

jeffmiami

I was at Liquid the other day and it looked like I was at a strip club. There was mirrors everywhere and a dancing platform where the dj booth use to be at, and they are making it into a cage. I also met the owner, his name is Billy. The ideas he was giving me were terrible.

Originally posted by jeffmiami

I was at Liquid the other day and it looked like I was at a strip club. There was mirrors everywhere and a dancing platform where the dj booth use to be at, and they are making it into a cage. I also met the owner, his name is Billy. The ideas he was giving me were terrible.

so I guess, I will find out tonight.....what this new look is all about!!!.........I'll be there tonight!!!! :)

"Good question!!!!......I wish I knew.....All I know is that I'll be heading out there with GA tonight and I sure do hope that whoever this Drew guy is, that he spins good stuff!"bold

yeah me i will be out there tonite and i hope the music is great i think 1st impressions are good so they better blow out the roof!!!! with the music!!! see yeah there :cool:

to answer some of your questions, drew was one of 3 people (along with bruce wilcox & scott lawrence i beleave) behind the "lolly pop guild" who threw wicked partys at the edge in ft. lauderdale back in the day. now drew is a dj/producer and a wicked one at that! i've heard a couple of his tracks and let me tell you, THEY ROCK!! as for his djing skills, i must admit that i've never heard him spin but i'm sure he's good! it's hard to pigon hole his style as far as production goes but i'd say it's closest to a progressive/tech-house style. i'm guessing his djing style is the same.

as for the club, i was there last night and i thought they did a good job with it. the dj both is no longer in the rafters and from what i've been told, there will be plenty of couches for everyone to sit on and the only "VIP" areas is the place are upstairs and back in that little room/elcove just before the bathrooms on the right.

the music policy sounds wicked! on thursdays and saturdays they feat. progressive, tech-house & techno and from what i've been told, on wednsdays & fridays they are feat. hip hop & old school.

there will be a casual dress code on thursdays, meaning t-shirts, jeans and trainers will be allowed as long as they are in good repair. cover charges will be minimal ($15 to $20) from what i've been told.

i am promoting their thursday night "chemical" party and have a few wicked little surprises up my sleeve for you lot...if you want more info. on these surprises then drop me an e-mail at cream11@hotmail.com and i'll let you know what i've got for you.

i'll also be posting upfront line-up info. for thursdays on here as i'm sure kris will be to. so stay tuned for some wicked nights out in the fashion of the old groovejet nights!

see ya there!!

Well, since I have a day job to pay the rent (even though I love it I still would rather work infrequently like I used to) I came in a bit early.

Liquid was well...ummm...needed a bit of fine-tuning for it's opening night. I know the standard for Wednesdays is gonna be hip-hop, but for opening night, they coulda made an exception. I came into some old 80s dance tunes, suddenly I hear what looked to be a manager type bellow at the DJ "Hip Hop NOW!!!"

So he drops a few HH vinyl. A few doses of 'get yo drink on yeah beeyotch' and I hightail it to crobar. crobar was outta hand cool. People dressed as dancing testicles, twats, and cocks, it was really badass. Then I jetted back to Liquid to see if anything changed. I BSed my way in, and Drew was saving the day :). I stayed a bit, enjoyed the pristine, though a tiny bit bottom heavy, NEXO sound system, and gave a grunt of praise to the Elation lighting system, and sadly had to depart...

Maybe I'll swing in tomorrow for Drew's night...

Originally posted by marick

drew is a dj/producer and a wicked one at that! i've heard a couple of his tracks and let me tell you, THEY ROCK!! as for his djing skills, i must admit that i've never heard him spin but i'm sure he's good! it's hard to pigon hole his style as far as production goes but i'd say it's closest to a progressive/tech-house style. i'm guessing his djing style is the same.

i'll also be posting upfront line-up info. for thursdays on here as i'm sure kris will be to. so stay tuned for some wicked nights out in the fashion of the old groovejet nights!

Absolutely Marick, his remix of Jasp 182 kicks fucking ass. It's a minimal vocally techy affair that has the ability to be a floor destroyer. I think I remember Bruce saying a while back @ Shadow that he's trying to get that track signed with Red Jerry?

I've heard him spin on several occasions and it's to the same style. infusing tech with progressive, it's very kewl and he defenitely got skills. I'm very much so looking foward to they're thursday nights. I do see it having the ability of having that "home" feeling of Groove Jet.

well i can breath a big sigh of relief now that the opening is behind us and we can begin to move forward. in my years of experience in this business i can assure you that a grand opening of any sort is merely a sample of what is to come. things never, and i can assure you, never go smoothly especially after the type of construction and remodeling that was done within that period of time and space similar to that of liquid's new home. a sound check basically did not happen-however i must say there were no complaints. the nexo system that has been installed is the best and admittedly needs to be and will be tweaked to perfection. the light show was a basic programming- come check the rig out this weekend after drew has programmed it properly at 100% and then compare it to the likes of what is around. the visual wall did not work properly due to the haste of opening- many may not have noticed because you were not expecting what has been custom formatted for the screens- again common faults of openings. the choreographed entertainment? non-stop and i give it to our girls it f'ing consistently rocked. i'll confirm with this miamijosh- there is a cage- but sorry it is pretty wicked. there are mirrors-have you checked out the perception of the space and the light show. take a look even from the street and the movement and energy is electrified and multiplied.

so my unbiased opinion? i would have stuck to one musical genre for the evening instead of going the funk & rare groove til midnight then switchng. that said.... it does not by any stretch of the imagination diminish how drew and iggy rocked the room at the transition. did anybody hear drew's opening? if so i seriously rest my case because long winded words such as these cannot describe what this track translated.

all in all- what went on behind the scenes to make that opening happen would amaze you. shit happens and you work through the kinks (including the heat!) all of which will be adressed. if you want to come to a new, clean, friendly environment that offers state of the art sound and lights, talent, and entertainment all aspiring & commiting to rock... then i will see you at liquid. as for the "sucks" comment please pm me and have a second look on me as i refuse to believe you will be disappointed.

finally- i have been present on this board because i respect this scene and your voices and choose to offer and actually produce the things i can out of a respect- so unless you were treated with disrepect or f'd over in any way i have to think that the statement trashing the venue in such a manner at this stage is insulting.

and for what it is worth... many apologies for the length of this thing!!!

Originally posted by liquidkris

finally- i have been present on this board because i respect this scene and your voices and choose to offer and actually produce the things i can out of a respect- so unless you were treated with disrepect or f'd over in any way i have to think that the statement trashing the venue in such a manner at this stage is insulting.

kris, just look no further as to who made the quote that "the place sucks". he by no means represents the opinions of the people on this board. i will be there to support u guys on saturday and keep up the good work...

Originally posted by x-t-c

kris, just look no further as to who made the quote that "the place sucks". he by no means represents the opinions of the people on this board. i will be there to support u guys on saturday and keep up the good work...

could'nt have said it better myself XTC ...

the light show was a basic programming- come check the rig out this weekend after drew has programmed it properly at 100% and then compare it to the likes of what is around. the visual wall did not work properly due to the haste of opening- many may not have noticed because you were not expecting what has been custom formatted for the screens- again common faults of openings. the choreographed entertainment? non-stop and i give it to our girls it f'ing consistently rocked. i'll confirm with this miamijosh- there is a cage- but sorry it is pretty wicked. there are mirrors-have you checked out the perception of the space and the light show. take a look even from the street and the movement and energy is electrified and multiplied.

I have a level of faith in Drew's programming skills. We chatted briefly over last weekend and he explained the whole situation to me. The lighting fixtures are of a new brand, Elation, and the current standard controller (LightJockey DMX) does not have the libraries for it just now, so they had to make do with a basic controller.

As for the 'taking a look even from the street', I can concur with that. As I drove by, nearly broadsiding some yuppie in an Excursion, I saw this alluring blue glow coming from the doorway. The mirrors shoot the light back outside a bit, acting as a draw. Gonna get off my ass and try to post some photos up on CJ by weekend. :)

Kris, it wasn't a bad opening. Even the mighty crobar was a bloody mess on 12-31-1999 :).