Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Vinyl Halloween Fundraiser w/ Danny Tenaglia. Who's Going? & As What?

Message from Danny.

Hello Groovy Goolies,

Here's the scoop. Firts off, I'm happy to say that it was a great feeling to be a part of the fundraiser event held at Centro Fly 2 weeks ago. They raised $151,000 dollars! Isn't that PHABULOUS?

Well, I know that there will be other clubs having parties also on Halloween night, but either way, we are still going ahead with ours also at VINYL on Wednesday October 31st. I plan on starting the party early. I'm suggesting that doors open around 9pm since the next day is a work day.

100% of all door proceeds from this evening are going to benefit the families of the local Fire Dept. "Ladder # 8" which was one of the closest Fire Departments to the actual WTC scene.

We are expecting people to pay a minimum of $20 as a suggested donation, or whatever you can afford. I am also requesting that EVERYONE comes dressed as something to have a GREAT time and really bring back the spirit of Halloween with Costumes and Gimmicks Galore. C'mon people, we need to utilize this event and the music to help us feel better about the daily drama's we have had to put up with recently.

I have noticed over the years that Halloween has gotten less and less of a "special event." People just don't seem to be as much "fun" as they use to be, or participate. Well, at VINYL, as we already spread the theme of "BEING YOURSELF" weekly, this will be a perfect night to come and carry on, and let's just all have a great time together with lots of laughter.

I plan on making this night feel more like a "House Party" than your average Friday night event. The party will not go very late. I'm guessing maybe 9-3am ish. Although we'll play it by ear....

Anyhow, for those of you that were there this Friday may have not heard my announcement, but here is what I came up with for our costume contest....

#1 The "MOST OUTRAGEOUS" costume gets to come to my recording studio and make a track with me. I will produce YOU as an artist! I refuse to let anyone be shy about this either. No specific talent is required. What we will do is work from a track that I already started, and we will finish it by coming up with lyrical ideas together, and you can have the option of me enticing you to get on the microphone, and I have many capabilities with effects to alter anyone's voice, as you've heard my voice in Elements, or what I did to Celeda's in the "Music is the answer" remix, or what I recently did in my exclusive Vinyl mix of KOT's "Finally." Everyone thinks a man re-sang it, but with the help of pro-tools and what we call plug ins, "the possibilities are endless!" So, that will be prize # 1. We shall make a song together!

#2 The "Best Costume" will get to spend a day with me, Kevin and Eric here in my house, (yes you can bring one friend), and I will let you pick out "50" records from my record collection of extras and things I have in my catalogue that are very rare and hard to find. There are many gems just waiting to be snatched from the shelves in my garage that have been building up over the years! There are thousands to choose from!

The 3rd prize will be: I will arrange a dinner party/gathering for all winners at "IDEYA" 349 West Bdwy. And it will >> ALL BE MY TREAT! No Tricks :0 Just treats Date To be announced @ VINYL.

BUT WAIT..... THAT'S NOT ALL !!!!

ALL WINNERS WILL RECEIVE A COMPLIMENTARY ADVANCE TICKET AS "MY GUEST" TO THE:

>> "COME AS YOU ARE" <<

THANKSGIVING EVE PARTY

ON WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 30th. AT

>>>>>> THE "SOUND FACTORY"! <<<<<<

PREPARE FOR A "M A R A T H O N" TURKEY @ NOON!!! (DJ Danny Howells said I was "The Duracell DJ")

We Love Danny Howells!! An Absolute ACE!

What will I be wearing for Haloween? EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING! I Plan on changing costumes and hats every other song! LOL

Remember, Vinyl is "Our Living Room". This will be a FUN and intimate gathering. It will also be a great oppurtunity for our people to get to know each other better. I also plan on often being "silly" with the music and not approaching it seriously like that of a Friday with it being real loud, pounding and consistant. This will be a true "House Party Jam"!

>>> Ya'll want this party started, right? <<<

Any suggestions/song requests for the party, please feel free to e-mail me at DTourismDT@aol.com.

ONCE AGAIN, THIS EVENT IS FOR A GREAT CAUSE!!!!!

Always,

dt :)