Clubplanet Nightlife Community

anybody see the special on dateline yesterday?

yeah iwas flippin channels, and i stopped. at first i thought it was just one of those "dangers"

That Strike, he had some monopoly going on there. creating a message board and telling kids how to make it, starting a publishing company to write his "how to " books and then forming a chemical supply company! :eek:

I agree that those shows exaggerate, but those people were crackheads. They rolled 24-7 and never left the house, they made me sick to my stomach b/c they did everything in such excess. And what a horrible idea to tape yourself fucked up out of your mind so people like Dateline can rip it apart. They give people that roll a bad name.

Originally posted by nycchic24

yeah iwas flippin channels, and i stopped. at first i thought it was just one of those "dangers"

That Strike, he had some monopoly going on there. creating a message board and telling kids how to make it, starting a publishing company to write his "how to " books and then forming a chemical supply company! :eek:

Yeah, he definatly had a sweet setup.. LOL. I cant believe tho that after keeping it a secret for so long that he admitted it on dateline! now he is getting sued out the ass for teaching the kids how to make it and selling them the chemicals.. :splat:

I actually enjoyed the special. I thought it was a little different from the usual..."Parents Beware when your kids go to clubs b/c this is what they do" type of information. It wasn't just a hidden camera at a club with kids bumping E up there nose and rolling all night. It was about college kids who get really really fucked up, taped it, then attempted to make ecstasy (which would have happened if Dateline didn't catch them).

As a college student, I see this a lot. I go to a school where most of the students come from very affluent familes and backrounds. The kids here do the dame exact shit. Get fucked up day in and day out. I think it sent a good message out. I know that I've been in that boat....fucked up to no end....crushing up E with my school ID like they were. I'm not proud of it and will actually admit that in my days, it got outta hand and I often felt like a complete loser for it. Watching Dateline last night actually made me realize what a fool I looked like and I never want to be in that boat again.

It was a screwed up story though. I knew that "Strike" was that guy the whole time.....ummm, yea...Hi I'm on probation b/c I'm a convicted felon...but I published this book on how to make E while I was in prison and now run the Science Alliance so I can also make the E too. What a fuckin idiot.

i fucking hate those shows! LOL...my dad calls me and is like...there's a special on channel whatever...maybe u should watch it!? i was like ..... why don't u call me when there is a special on alcoholics!!!! anyways....yes they exagerate to extremes and make all club kids look like useless crack babies!!

I agree w/ stronut. Never, ever should you photograph/video tape yourself rolling b/c when you're sober and you see it, it'll scare the shit out of you. It's scary and weird to see that we do that purposely to ourselves. Just enjoy the moment and keep it at that.

The Dateline guy doing the interview was ignorant, close minded, and had a holier than thou attitude that really pissed me off. He made doing e seem like it was just like coke or heroin or something.

But those college students behavior was excessive:eek:

Responsible rolling is a great experience, and as you rollers know, is purely a positive feeling. It is almost sacred IMO.

The problems with e arise with impurity issues, which are due to the illegal and underground nature of ecstasy manufacture. So its really the governments fault if a responsible roller gets a pill other than e and suffers for it.

Remember, until the 1970s, ecstasy was legal, and used for psychotherapy and weight loss...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lizard23: I agree w/ stronut. Never, ever should you photograph/video tape yourself rolling b/c when you're sober and you see it, it'll scare the shit out of you. It's scary and weird to see that we do that purposely to ourselves. Just enjoy the moment and keep it at that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exactly what I was thinking when I watched those idiots on tv. You r right enjoy the moment. ......