Clubplanet Nightlife Community

re: Liquid, Solid, Gas!

drewbongiorno

I've just finished reading all the posts regarding last night’s grand opening. Without a doubt it was not without flaws. I for one think that if we had tried to put a little less into it, there would have been less snags. Unfortunately less means less no matter how you slice it and just trying to open another sobe club is not what this beach needs.

We are all working very hard to establish a location that we (this means you too) can call home. We (Liquid) want to create an environment that is friendly, musically challenging, visually stimulating, and yes sexy too.

I thank everyone who attended last night, and I hope you will all come again to witness the evolution of our new family.

We've all put allot into this. I know you will be able to get allot out of it.

Just try.

Drew

p.s. thank you digital7, vaughanz, pod, shroomy, marick (you know why)

noogies?

"Shit Happens"!

In my many years in this horrible business, I've been involved with several club opening and NOT ONE has opened gracefully! They are always behind on buildout and something ALWAYS goes wrong! When I opened Stereo in Ft. Lauderdale (yes that was me & Mike Tuck & others)... the dancefloor was still being used as a construction site at 8pm. The doors opened an hour late to a VERY large and VERY irritaed crowd. By 11pm the place was SLAMMED and the AC went out and one of the turntables did too! Sheldon's brother had to go home to get a new one while Sheldon & I did our best to wing it for an hour! (Did I mention the CD player wasn't hooked up yet either!).

Needless to say.. "Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover", or in Liquid's case "Don't Judge a Book by it's First Page" either!!!

Solid Staff w/ A LOT of experience! If it's "all about the music" then they will kick ass"! The one positive thing JeffMiami said was that the sound system rocks... and we all know they have a solid line-up planned for us so.... You do the math!

Congrats Drew!

But ofcourse Drew, I support the local scene as much as I can. It's always been and always will be about the music. nothing's perfect, especially a first night. The bugs just need to be worked out, it's no biggie. Like Vaughn said, "you could never judge a book by it's first page!" I know most of the staff personally (You, Kris, among others) and you guys are outstanding! Hard working with with lots of experience. I see nothing but success in the future!

i'm glad the general outlook on liquid is a positive one. south florida needs some positive, music loving, venues and nights on a consistant basis and this is going to be the start of on of them!kinks or no kinks it's about the music and i know drew and kris LOVE the music so this promises to be a good thing!!

i will be in attendance next thursday for the grand openning of drew's "chemical" night. i'm very excited! hope to see you all there!!

for guestlist on thursdays @ liquid please contact me at cream11@hotmail.com

Liquid is in 'beta' :)

I respect them for trying their best though! My only beef was with the hip-hop, but what I heard of Drew was great. I wanted to stay so bad, but my responsible side kicked in...i had to go home.