Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Montreal--- Sona or Aria???

Where do I go???  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Where do I go???

• Sona w/ LaFleche?
    • Aria w/ Danny Howells?

So who's been to both of these clubs??? I'm heading up to Montreal the weekend of Nov 17th. I've been to Sona several times and always had a great time. I've never been to Aria and have heard some good things about it, but also heard it's not as good as Sona. Aria does have Danny Howells coming that night though according to their website... Anyone have any good advice???

yea, im in the same boat...been to sona and some others up there, but never to aria :(

Dunno... if i were you i guess i would try the new club (aria) and see how it is so that you would have a broader knowledge of montreal clubs in the future :)

Rad_

ARIA is supposed to be AMAZING. A must hit spot from what I hear from my montrealphile friends. Sona is great too and Lafleche was really good at Cream earlier this year, Howells is always Howells! :) His first time playing in Montreal!!!! ERM if I am not mistaken isn't HAWTIN at Sona the day before! MONTREAL loves TECHNO!!! Definitely go for that and do Howells the next day!

I heard stereo is very twilo-like, I also heard it has become the home of some of the montreal bad boys, the large gay clubbing shirts off crowd up there-- hardcore partiers.

-MJR

I just went to Montreal this weekend and went to Aria. Its a very good afterhours club, definately worth checking out. For the beginning of the night check out ST. Laurent street for some good clubs. We had free passes to this place Kokino's, a nice place too.

When I went to play the "Red Lite" in LaValle, I stopped in at ARIA the night before my gig with my agent. It was stripped down as far as decor goes, but the sound and lighting were nothing short of amazing.

The sound was a Meyer rig and the lighting was a brand from Europe I was not familiar with.

The sound was beyond anything I've experienced in the states, and that includes the legendary Twilo Phazon system. Huge spl's and crystal clarity combined.

The lighting rig consisted of over 70 large moving heads, which I estimate were in the 8000-9000 lumen range , per fixture.

I didn't get to SONA, but ARIA is definitely worth a visit.