Clubplanet Nightlife Community

liquid

soundgasm

I was at Liquid last night and just thought I should let everyone know how great the room was and to salute what I feel are going to be the worlds next great DJ'S.Props Drew and Iggy.Can't wait to see what you have instore for us on thursday's drew.Great sound,Great Lights and massive energy.Liquid appears to be the place for great music.Good job drew and Kris;) ;)

I only stoped in last night early for a drink and to check the place out. I don't think I really got over the shock of it enough to form an objective opinion so I am not going to say anything other than the sound and lighting are much improved.

Iggy is more of a trance-hard house style. He doesn't go for the obvious tracks, keeps it very fresh. Good talent overall, I wish him the best.

Liquid got some ironing done, and it's running fairly smooth. The luminaires have a proper controller now, and Drew tuned out the system.

My take on the whole strip joint image is, yeah it's a bit cheesy, but it's something different. Girls, guys, don't kid yourself, you honestly get a little uhmmm, aroused by it. Yeah I'm a jaded local bastard, but I enjoy a good romp in the sack with a beautiful girl, even if it's shallow and meaningless.

Best of luck to Kris, Drew and everyone else there, they pulled through with a decent first weekend.

pod (who turns into a hornball once he puts his camera down)

I had a great time at liquids the vibe was very friendly.I felt like i was at home. Kris & drew are very down to earth people they know how to treat people right. i felt like i was at cheers like the tv show everybody was your friend.My point is liquid is very nice looking club. i could only think of good things coming from liquids.PS thanks for the good time:D

Originally posted by pod

My take on the whole strip joint image is, yeah it's a bit cheesy, but it's something different. Girls, guys, don't kid yourself, you honestly get a little uhmmm, aroused by it. Yeah I'm a jaded local bastard, but I enjoy a good romp in the sack with a beautiful girl, even if it's shallow and meaningless.

Dan > your outta hand bro. that's some classic sh*t….:laugh:

Kris:

It was very nice to meet you finally and thank you again for your hospitality..

I have to agree it took me a long time to get over the shock of the place. Not sure how I feel about the cage thing and the girls on the swings over the bar :D . I kept ducking instinctively while buying drinks at the bar everytime those 6" heels swung over head.. Overall had a good time and enjoyed myslef. I hope the place takes off. :D

Oh yeah... forgot to thank Kris again for her typical wounderful attitude and hostpitality.

Sergio, I wish we could have stayed longer and hung with you and your girl, but we were worn out from Halloween, and Timo Maas, 3 nights out in four days is too much for this old man :)

I would like to commend the owners and staff on doing what can only be describe as a miracle in the transformation of what was once a complete dump and turning it into a beautiful place to party.I for one feel that the swings and the hot girls on them is far more invitng than what alot of other clubs have going on.What's really important is the Music.Thier nexo rig and elation lights are top notch.Who ever was spining had the crowd realing for more.Does anyone know what thier calander looks like in the way of DJ'S or direct me in a way to find out.Thanks

Looks like the image Seth took of him for DVOX...

Don't forget kids, Quivver will be there this Saturday. Two major house players in town that day. Rasoul at Billboard, then Quivver @ Liquid. Oh and Burridge the day before :)

we need to clear one thing up first... it's liquid not liquids ;)

as for the questions regarding guest dj's for thursday...

this thursday the 8th is the launch of Chemical featuring resident Drew Bongiorno and guests Craig Demo and Jon Cowan.

Future guests to look forward to:

Christian Smith

Nick Warren

Bad Boy Bill

H-Foundation aka Hipp-E and Halo

This is the local come as you are shake down party we have all been craving. guest list available just call us at 305.531.9411 or fax 305.531.7224 or email liquidlist@aol.com for complimentary admission til midnight- $10 after

doors open at 10:30

and don't forget about QUIVVER this saturday the 10th for some nasty filthy beats quivver style- brilliant! reply for guest list either to me directly or to any of the above as i check them anyway.

see you there.

kris

Originally posted by shroomy

I only stoped in last night early for a drink and to check the place out. I don't think I really got over the shock of it enough to form an objective opinion so I am not going to say anything other than the sound and lighting are much improved.

The lighting and sound rig was designed by Lord Toussaint and yours truly for Infinite Audio. Lighting is Elation and the sound is NEXO Alpha E and Crest power. The sound is super strong and very clear. I think alot of DJ's will talk about that rig for a long time. That is until we build the next mammoth NEXO rig.

Stay tuned, there's 2 more on the way.

Originally posted by pod

Liquid got some ironing done, and it's running fairly smooth. The luminaires have a proper controller now, and Drew tuned out the system.

Best of luck to Kris, Drew and everyone else there, they pulled through with a decent first weekend.

pod (who turns into a hornball once he puts his camera down)

I just want to make sure you got the accurate story about the lighting. It seems that someone was very unprepared with the original lighting controller when the installation crew put up the fixtures. I was there for the opening and 3 days before and things would have run alot smoother if a certain person didn't drop the ball. Otherwise, the installation went rather smoothly.

I usually don't bother when someone has negative statements about my work (dj'ing, producing, event production) because it's an opinion. While harsh as it is sometimes, criticism only makes me better at what I do. It disturbs me though when someone (in an effort to hide there snail trail) lies openly. Even more disturbing and childish is to slander someone in an effort to make themselves seem more credible.

We all know that when you say “someone” in your post that you mean me, Terry. I was willing to let your and Infinite Designs embarrassing display of poor service, salesmanship, and technical proficiency slide by because simply put “I have bigger fish to fry”. Unfortunately you don’t know when to keep your mouth shut and let your failures drift away. That being the case, I’m happy to spread the wealth of information about your and Infinites technical inadequacies.

Section 1: Design

How you can possibly claim any design credit for any aspect of this install is beyond the realm of even fantasy. Neither you nor Lord were Elation dealers until I (that’s right this someone) made the phone call to help both of you out and got Elation to bend there rules by making Infinite a retailer of their product. At no time was a lighting plot even on the table from you or Lord. In fact the only information about the placement of fixtures and type of fixtures used from either of your camps was how terrible it was going to look.

The dj booth was custom designed by a man named “Reptile”. Reptile has a resume a mile long of dj booths and recording studios that you guys couldn’t touch if your life depended upon it. The ergonomic placement of the turntables, mixers, and CD players is all original and all his own. He worked tirelessly night and day around Lords bumbling and still managed to get us open. How you can speak for one moment about credit is laughable, and an ugly splotch to your trade.

Now the sound system.

Infinite (i.e. Lord Toussaint) submitted a proposal and is on record for anyone to see for themselves (without prices of course [fair is fair]) consisted of four full-range stacks in the air and six sub cabinets on the floor. Anyone who visits the club will notice only four subs on the floor and four full-range stacks in the air with an additional bass cabinet slung low on those stacks for more even bass dispersal. This was a recommendation that was made after having a conversation with another more reputable Nexo dealer about the future of sound in Liquid nightclub. Again I say “your design?”.

Section 2: Service

Why is it that even though we spent 100 to 200 thousand dollars with Infinite Design we can’t even get them to complete their job remotely on time. The night before opening I waited patiently 12 hours for them to complete the sound and light installation so that I may begin programming, only to have them sneak out at 1am before the electrician had completed wiring the lights to the main panel. How you can say anyone other than yourselves was unprepared is a farce. The lighting equipment was still being wired one hour before opening and the final four fixtures weren’t even hung until then as well.

The sound system was the only equipment close to completion and amazingly enough the equalization radically changed for the worse right after Lords visit Friday afternoon. I do have to hand it to him! Lord is the only man alive capable of e.q.ing a sound system without it even being on. Big tip off?

Section 3: Clown Installers

The only remark I have is while you might be able to sell me a Ferrari that doesn’t mean you know how to drive it.

Good Luck Terry and Lord, but I still fear for all your future clients.

For any club owners or end users interested in Nexo sound or Elation lighting please feel free to contact me at the club 305.531.9411 and I will put you in touch with reputable dealers of both these products.

Good Luck to all,

Drew Bongiorno (a.k.a. Someone)

Man alive Drew you can write! Color me impressed.

I didn't want to mention anything for confidentiality reasons...but I will vouch by saying what Drew said is true, I got a personal tour of the 'evidence' this past Saturday. I'm by no means a qualified sound engineer, I merely picked up what I know from friends of mine in the industry...but the overall quality of Liquid's 'production' did improve tenfold from opening night to the first Saturday.

Wednesday had horribly distorted sound, the lighting running off of a stock Elation controller one can find at Sam Ash, and various other issues. But the spirit was there, so I certainly gave the club a second go that Saturday.

Saturday had these problems licked overall. Due to the delays mentioned, the lighting was being run without programming on the fly, although from the installed LightJockey rig, but it was still much better. The sound was unmistakibly better. Even the horribly loud Avalons upstairs were leveled off to a comfortable volume.

Last night, Liquid was showing it's true strength. Sound was improved yet again, the lighting was way out there, perfect for some of my shots....

Funny you use the Ferarri analogy Drew, Ferarri will not let you drive an F-550 unless you've owned 2 previous Ferarris, and can prove you are a good driver and won't fuck it up :).

What Infinite did at Liquid is kinda underhanded and shifty...it's too bad their practices seem to be the norm around here.