Clubplanet Nightlife Community

you closet technoheads. . .

scratchapella

missed a SICK party on saturday. mad props to the catastrophic crew! i wasn't even feeling the fever and cough i had earlier when derrick may came on. . .oh mah GAWD it was craaaaggee! hard hard beats for like 4 hours, felt like my heart was gonna burst outta my ribcage, he did an extended set, somehwere in there, he threw in some beautiful soulful house. . .and this saxaphone track that he refused to name later on (he claimed he couldn't "remember" the name). . .kevin saunderson was holding it down as well as jr. sanchez, bottomline: yall missed out.

yellowgirl, were you dancing near the dj booth during saunderson's set with some asian dude? girlie, we could've met up!

vicman, you lightweight ;), no more trance for you, huh?

millie and krish, beautiful time as always!

i thank gawd for the music. :D

DEFINITELY a great time Sat night...and to think I almost didn't go ($$)! I'm really really starting to dig techno...Scratch, didn't you mention that they have some sort of techno party every weekend? Anything happening this Sat? I would be up for it, and Millie, this is your last clubbing weekend for another two weeks, right?

Also, thanks so much for sitting with me during the times I was *ahem* "out of it" ;). I hope I wasn't tooo annoying!

Vicman - nice to finally meet you! What time did you guys end up leaving Sat (I lost all concept of time).

I still have to take you guys to a psy trance party - I'm pretty sure you'll dig it! Its hard, pounding shit.

Till later, boys and girls! :)

Owww..ow.. oww and more owwww...my feet are still in pain..oww.

Yo, it was absolutely great meeting all of you guys and be able to put faces to all the CP names.

Yup Scratch, I'm a lightweight :D so I'm going to have to work harder the next time around.

Ravermania, we left around 5:15 I think you guys were on your way up the stairs with your 9th or 10th drink of the night, 'till what time did you guys end up staying?

Millie, thanx for the invite, you called it so you get major props girl!

As far as I'm concerned those $35 were $35 well spent, now I cant buy groceries for a week, but it was worth it :D

Derrick May and Kevin Saunderson were amazing as well as Junior Sanchez and David Alvarado. I loved the layout of 2K9 and the crowd on Saturday was also great.

Owww.....owww....owww....owwww...I kinda wonder what I should be expecting later on in Nov.

Ohh, my feet!!

hey kiddos, yeah awesome time sat night!! :) scratch, i'm so glad you posted about that sax track - i had totally forgotten about it! that was a mad mad mad crazy track, i can see why derrick wants to keep it for himself! scratch, krish and i stayed til the end (7am instead of 8 though). awesome awesome night. nice, large space (icky cage dancers though), great lights, the only thing that bugged me was the huge windows on the second floor. i don't like to see the sun out while i'm still clubbing. :)

Originally posted by MadamMillie

the only thing that bugged me was the huge windows on the second floor. i don't like to see the sun out while i'm still clubbing. :)

But when it still night time and you were in the second floor and the lights went of for a sec or two, the light from the moon coming through the window and the DJ's sillouette in front looked pretty cool.

Decadance was like WOW & whoah.

We all had such an incredible time there ....definitely ranks as one of the best parties I've been to......yay Catastrophic!!! I hope they start throwing parties again!!!

Anyways, I really wish I knew all of you CP ppl were going to be there! I would have loved to have met some of yous! And yes, Scratchapella - I was the asian girl freakin out right in from of Kevin Saunderson during his set! Should have said hi girl! :)

Great venue & sound, very diverse mix of ppl, very few crackheads, wasn't too overcrowded, $5 red bull & vodkas, & an awesome vibe ......I loved how almost everybody in the place was so into the music......what more could one ask for in a party?!?!?!

....oh and the bathrooms were sooooooooo clean! big plus. ;)

Anyways, my fave sets of the nite were:

-Julius Papp : only caught the last 30min of his set but I really liked his sound.....deeeeeeep, fun, and funky.

-Taj : I really liked his progressive sound....it had been a while since a I heard a good progressive set and he really got me revved up for the rest of the evening

-Craze : now I know why he was the 3 time dmc champ! that was some fun, smooth hip hop and great dnb!!!! the scratching was great......I'm not a big fan of hip hop and am very picky about my dnb but damn he was hot!

-Kevin SAunderson : by far my fave set of the nite.....you had to be there....I was the short-haired asian girl jumping up and down screaming dancing with joy.....I really loved his sound....he was so flawless and on key!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

-Derrick May : no wonder he is such a legend!!!! great set too!

I am still so completely sore and worn out from the weekend....but I agree thank gawd for the music!!!!!

keep on dancing and smiling......;)

-YG