Clubplanet Nightlife Community

question for the Exit heads.

realz

i think he does a decent job of controlling the crowd.. i love the music he plays.. it's got an agressive edge.. personally i think he could do a little more to make the crowd go insane... but for the most part he's on the money

--probably gonna get alot of drama over telling my love of draper--

ok this is coming from a former exit head....

the crowd there is very young for the most part and i honestly think that draper does cater to them...is his mixing the best no...does he use 4522312 drum rolls in a night yes....

but he needs to go record shopping badly or start hittin up ag and start getting some new tunes...yes a classic track through out the night isnt a bad thing but one old song after another is horrible and boring....and his track selection and programing is just horrible as well....he plays one hard track after another with no flow of reasong to his set...he needs to mix it up slow it down, throw some tribal in there and some breaks to his set...the constant pounding is annoying and plain out boring and all the songs sound the same through out the night....i understand he wants his own sound but his sound just plain out sucks...when i was theere on opening night he dropeed dance valley theme at around 6 whiich is a great track and the next 5 tracks should have been similar in style...

but you know what he mixed into it...rythym ready....come on now....those 2 tracks arent even remotley close to being on the same level...that was just one out of the many examples that i can think ok.....

Originally posted by doubtness

Didn't he do that this past Friday? The mixing of varities tracks, i meant to say.

i dont know i wasnt there but he prob plays the same tracks in the same order but on opening night he def played the tracks i named in that order casue i was standing agaisnt the booth and i was sober and that sequence just happened to stick in my head casue dance valley theme is a sick ass song and i was laughing when he mixed in rythym ready....

I would love an opportunity at the main floor...but its a tough task--

i respect tony in the fact that programming a 9-10 hour night isnt easy...and I dont wanna hear about JP's sets...thats why i respect him also...anyone DJ can mix house all night--but programming is what makes a night memorable...

Mike BuGouT

Originally posted by msoprano13

ok this is coming from a former exit head....

the crowd there is very young for the most part and i honestly think that draper does cater to them...is his mixing the best no...does he use 4522312 drum rolls in a night yes....

but he needs to go record shopping badly or start hittin up ag and start getting some new tunes...yes a classic track through out the night isnt a bad thing but one old song after another is horrible and boring....and his track selection and programing is just horrible as well....he plays one hard track after another with no flow of reasong to his set...he needs to mix it up slow it down, throw some tribal in there and some breaks to his set...the constant pounding is annoying and plain out boring and all the songs sound the same through out the night....i understand he wants his own sound but his sound just plain out sucks...when i was theere on opening night he dropeed dance valley theme at around 6 whiich is a great track and the next 5 tracks should have been similar in style...

but you know what he mixed into it...rythym ready....come on now....those 2 tracks arent even remotley close to being on the same level...that was just one out of the many examples that i can think ok.....

well also coming from an exit head...i still like draper, but he just needs to work on some new tracks, cause the ones he plays are mostly old, but still good. I do love all the hard tracks, thats what i like about draper. When I used to go every friday I danced all nite, he just needs to get new material to work with thats it. and i personally love rhythm ready...yeah am gonna hear shit about this but its my opinion. The only only time i used to get pissed was at the crowd, just lots of ppl hanging around not dancing n being in my way. But i definately need to check out exit again cause the club scene sucks these days.

Originally posted by djmikebugout

I would love an opportunity at the main floor...but its a tough task--

i respect tony in the fact that programming a 9-10 hour night isnt easy...and I dont wanna hear about JP's sets...thats why i respect him also...anyone DJ can mix house all night--but programming is what makes a night memorable...

Mike BuGouT

exactly bro....programming is an essential part of making the night great...anyone can put on 20 hard tracks in a row and lead from one drum roll to the next....

I usually go to Exit on Saturdays and I have only been twice on Fridays but both times i hated it!! Kay, I guess I shouldn't judge just from 2 experiences but I couldn't stand the music or the crowd. Some people love Draper but personally I just can't get into the way he spins.