Clubplanet Nightlife Community

do you spin what you like?

djjoshuacarl1

hahahahahaha

i spin freakin hiphop, cheesy pop, old skool, and 80's at the gigs that pay me the most money

but i make sure i throw a little house in there when i can......

now if its a house party, and i didnt get paid...........oh man, i bang whatever the fuck im feeling at the moment!

BG

Originally posted by ibclubbin

hahahahahaha

i spin freakin hiphop, cheesy pop, old skool, and 80's at the gigs that pay me the most money

but i make sure i throw a little house in there when i can......

now if its a house party, and i didnt get paid...........oh man, i bang whatever the fuck im feeling at the moment!

BG

yo my bro is in the same boat as you....he does sweet 16's and shit but he has an ill vinyl collection and on new years and house parties he plays whatever the fuck he wants and he dont take requests.....lmaoooo

I guess I'm lucky because the stuff I spin is mostly the stuff I like: hard house, nu-nrg, acid breaks, Baltimore breaks, industrial, ebm, gabber/hardcore, hard trance, etc.

But this club I spin at wants to start a Wednesday night party of punk and new wave which I really can't stand, so I got a bunch of remixes of old 80s new wave shit to play which they seemed to like. That shit really isn't my style though, but I gots bills to pay.

I usually look at the reaction of the crowd, and play what I think will keep them moving. I *LOVE* every song I play. And a good thing is, so does the dance floor for the most part. There were a few instances when I was playing trance, and one or two people out of 200 would ask me to play hardcore, so I tell them "Later", and I usually never end up playing it:)

So by the crowd, you should be able to pick out a gengre to play, but then play YOUR favorite songs in that genre.

- DJ Arsen

i like to rock my crowd: bottom line

If my crowd is into hiphop and pop, then I play them what i consider to be the best songs of that genre. As long as it makes them dance. I dont care how many times I play Bombs Over Baghdad in my life; it works, and my crowd blows up when you bring it in.

If my crowd is goin nuts singing along to an 80's pop song that I dropped, I still get the chills. As long as my crowd is rockin, im content.

BG