Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Just watched the movie Groove

It wasn't bad, pretty entertaining. I mean i would be a hypocrit if i said anything against drugs, but they portray rolling as a total life changing experience haha. Its all good. the guy rolling for the first time was pretty funny...

Kinda cool to see Digweed in a movie.

any other movies about clubs, raves, or electronic music in general that are worth seeing???

I saw Groove for the first time just before attending my first San Fransisco party...I didn't love it the first time I watched it...but it's become one of my favorite movies. I actually own it (and I don't own many movies). It's not all that accurate, (it's not always the case that rolling is a life-changing experience), I agree, but it does have some good moments! And a great soundtrack!!!! Heaven Scent is one of my fav songs!

"Has anyone seen a little brown teddy bear about this big?"

i think groove was a good movie. its like one of the only "club/rave" movies out so you kinda have to watch it just to see what the deal is. i thought it was kinda acurate. loved the way the guy starts buggin for the first time, and how it changes him by the end of the movie. its gonna sound corny and all but rollin changed my life so i guess thats why i like it so much. also love how they all reach for their red bull's towards the end of the movie. everyone ive ever shown it to have liked it as well. we pop it in the vcr a few days b4 were all about to go into the city just to get psyched up. also, awesome soundtrack... heaven scent is a sick track. only thing i would have liked to see more of was more raving, get some strings and lights and fuckin sick dancers in it.....

human traffic is a phat movie too.... funny as shit! i liked it better then groove only beacuse of the comedy. its phat to see how the clubs over in england are too.... not to mention it deals with more drugs then just pills.... best scene in the movie is when that one news guy is in the club tryin to be all serious.... and then he just starts dancin and says "reach for the lazers".... best line in the movie!

well i saw the movie with a group of friends......2 of us started to get really sick during the movie...of course the both of us had really bad experiences with a certain lil pill that is suppose to make u happy....not make u wanna jump out a window and die...so i think a movie focused around drugs kinda disturbed the 2 of us to a great extent!

so other than the sickening feeling in my stomach, i thought the movie was pretty good!

the only thing i liked about it was seeing digweed

seems all my favorite movies are bout drizzugs or got em in it

favs:

fear n loathing in las vegas

pulp fiction

requiem for a dream

jusabout all jay n silent bob flicks

momento was really good...wasn't bout drugs but def good to check out while smokin

gummo is really fucked up

Originally posted by sweetfun

I watched Groove this weekend, I hated it...I can't wait for someone to make a movie about the history of dance music.

If you want a decent book (God forbid) about the history of modern dance music, Generation Ecstacy is a good pick-up. It's a little slow at parts, but filled with TONS of music info, starting from the early 80's.

Did anyone know that the old 80s group EMF's name stood for Ecstacy MotherFuckers?? (they're guys who did that "You're unbelievable" song)

Originally posted by blaznny

It wasn't bad, pretty entertaining. I mean i would be a hypocrit if i said anything against drugs, but they portray rolling as a total life changing experience haha. Its all good. the guy rolling for the first time was pretty funny...

any other movies about clubs, raves, or electronic music in general that are worth seeing???

I gotta admit, I saw it when it first came out and I liked it...

I didnt like the movie groove at all, just felt sooo fake. I also watched Human Traffic , that one was even worse than Groove. Human Traffic was really really boring and retarded imo. The only reason I just kept watching them till the end , was just out of curiousity to see what keeps happening.

Originally posted by blaznny

Better Living Through Circuitry and Modulations

Originally posted by sweetfun

I watched Groove this weekend, I hated it...I can't wait for someone to make a movie about the history of dance music.

They have. Check "Modulations" a documentary about electronic music and "Better Living Through Circuitry" a documentary on the US rave scene.

call me girly-mushy, but I loved Groove. I get jazzed up whenever I watch it. It was just so great to see a movie made about my culture--and that seemed to get it right. I mean, the movie takes place in only one day and attempts to hit all key aspects & different groups of the rave culture. that's not easy to do. I felt like "Go" was hollywood's idea of what rave culture is like.

and I agree that Modulations and Better Living... are great, though hard to find unless you want to buy them for $20 off the websites. the book Modulations is a great history of electronic music, though it kinds reads like dry like stereo instructions.

FireGirl