Clubplanet Nightlife Community

where is the trance or progressive house?

Originally posted by mmikeb32

I was wondering where I could find some good trance or progressive house either in New York or New Jersey. Preferrably on friday or Saturday nights.

Hey, you're just like me....I love Trance and progressive house! I don't know of any good places to go nowadays for that kind of music, but I know that tomorrow at Filter 14, they are going to have some really good music. (Although its not a friday or saturday, I'm just letting you know the place that will have the type of music you're looking for.) Im not just saying that because my boyfriend is spinning, but, then again, I love the shit he spins! Anywayz, the music will be good and the place is only 5 dollars to get in. What a bargain! If you like styles like Paul Van Dyk, Tiesto, Oakenfold, Armin, Carl Cox, John Grahm, S&D, etc. those will be all the types of music that will be playing there. They have different levels of floors with different music and many Djs for your choice. I will give you the info. Try to stop by if you have time. :)

Originally posted by 4Elements

Thursday Night - 11 . 8 . 2001 - What Are Your Plans?

I think I'll be checking out deep dish for a bit then go to PLEXI Party @ Filter 14 or the other way around. It should be a pretty good night. Come check out Filter 14~! Anyone going to either or?

Info on PLEXI @ Filter 14:

MAIN-LEVEL:

MIKE BRYANT - intrinsic design / intergroove

DAVID HOLLANDS - minimal wage

MAX RIM - good people

JASON JOLLINS - united underground

SUB-LEVEL:

DAIN - 4 elements

LAWRENCE SHUM - 4 elements

STAR - 4 elements

Filter 14

432 West 14th St. @ Washington St. - New York City

Doors Open 10:00pm

21+ (Photo ID)

General Admission: $10

Star's Guestlist Admission: $5 (MAD CHEAP)

Good Music for 5 beans.

GUESTLIST:

For Star's Reduced Guestlist Admission & More Info E-mail

CRAZYBYUL@JUNO.COM

THE BEST OF UNDERGROUND PROGRESSIVE TRANCE/HOUSE, TECHNO, TECH-HOUSE, TRIBAL HOUSE, HARD HOUSE, HARD TRANCE AND DEEP DARK TECHIE SOUNDS ALL IN ONE PARTY. DEFINITELY CHECK THIS EVENT OUT~!

Here's your info :)

Hey Mike...there are alot of good things going on during the weekends. Go to www.maderecords.com and sign up for the mailing list.

First, this weekend, we are throwing a party at Vinyl with Lee Burridge and Jimmy Van M. Lee Burridge just put out Global Underground's NuBreed 5. This is the series that has Pappa, Howells, Lawler, and Kleinenberg.

Jimmy Van M is the DJ who brought Sasha and Digweed to the United States in the first place, and is an awesome DJ himself.

Check out the details by clicking the link below:

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65357

And Sasha and Digweed are playing with Jimmy Van M on Thanksgiving Eve. Click the link bellow for details.

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65358

now that twilo's gone, it's a bit harder to find trance. I think vinyl's good for progressive house. my experience has been that Danny (fridays) gets darker and deeper part way into the set, and hits garage towards the wee hours.

there have been a lot of trance acts at CentroFly lately, which seems to be picking up where twilo left off. but unfortunately, CentroFly is a crappy venue (IMO).

Flyer is usually good for pointing out new acts and venues.

FireGirl

Have you been to the Made parties at Vinyl?

The DJ's are the ones that used to play at Twilo...for example, Lee Burridge and Jimmy Van M this Saturday.

Jimmy Van M is the guy who brought Sasha and Digweed to the U.S., and he is a great dj himself.

Just wonderin...

-Den

oddly, Saturday is the one night I really haven't experienced at vinyl. the lineup for tonight looks great. though, I don't think I have the energy for it, kinda burned myself out last week with all the halloweenie events.

wish I were going to be around at thanksgiving, would be great to see oakie.

FireGirl