Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Drew reviews....

mimid

Well, what can I say for except that Drew did a fabulos job... Props to Drew.....:D As for the redecorating of the old SL the new Liquid, I simply loved it. The whole brick thing was outta hand, the swings were the highlight of my night (loved them). The lighting system was great as well. Overall, it was marvalous.... And thank you to Kris and Marick for the hook up... Very appreciated. See ya tomorrow for Quivver.....:D

I CONQUER!!!! I thought last night was awesome!! I like the new look with the exception of the mirrors, but it's no biggie. The MUZIK was out of hand....this guy can spin!!!:spin:

I had a hard time trying to get myself outta there....I was having so much fun....but unfortunately I have responsibilities!! :)

Nice meeting you... Kris and Marick....Thanks for everything!:D

4 seperate times people came up to me and asked me if I was "marick?" Apparently people just cruise Liquid lookin' for this guy???? The last guy who asked me I just referred to Pod............I was begining to feel like a information booth!

Maybe he should invest in a name tag????:idea:

Thanks to kris and marrick for the hookup. I was digging the outfit kris! It was great to meet you marrick.

The location of the DJ both is much more personable. as opposed to a DJ god all the way on top, close to the roof. The different color projections above the bar look AWESOME!!!!! I love the way the lights look against the bricks, great idea! The crowd was casual and seemed to be there more for the muzic which is refreshing since I'm used to the crobar crowd. The music was awesome, awesome, awesome.........I don't know if these people were experiminting or not but I loved the direction of the music it really had me moving. I'll def be there on a regular basis on thursdays. CP heads really should support thursdays at this place it's the enviroment all of you people have been asking for.

damn, should have known about yesterday. I went with a friend to Crobar, and it was hip hop downstairs so i ran out to the VIP to dance to more decent music. The dance floor at Crobar smelled like pot all over, you could get stoned by just walking by.

hehehehehehee

but ofcourse Kris :)

As far as the night goes, I thought it was a total success. The changes to the club were great and positive. I didn't even think I was in the same place that Shadow stood?. There was brick added in the entrance to the club and ran throughout it with a sort of english castle motif to it. There are sliced pieces of mirror towards the back of the club sort of how Groove Jet had the crystal lounge, but it was thicker and set up differently. There are two chain swings about five or six feet above the bar and there's a cage now where George Acosta's throne used to be. The lighting and NEXO sound system is awesome. Props to festivalcre8tor for setting that rig up. The booth is almost right at the entrance to the dancefloor. It's setup with 2 Technics, 2 CDJ-100's and the what looked like the new Stanton VRM mixer, which is wicked. Drew started off great dropping down some wicked dubby, techy house. Opened up very nicely for the next dj. I quickly left around 2am or so becuase I needed to get up early in the morning (ya know how that is!). All in all, the changes to the club were nice and I wish success for the club. It's runned by very cool people. I see it being very promising, as they have the right idea for the club and all they need is some support from our local's to make it an outstanding night. Special thanks to Drew for hooking me up with that piece of vinyl I've been after, very cool, to Kris for being the sweetest and being very hospitable throughout the night :) and to Marick for setting me up with the passes and the promo cd's (don't forget about Northern Exposure 2 ;) )

this is my review and they have my support for a good cause.

Danny

well, i'm really glad everyone had a good time! the real thanks should go out to you people for coming out and supporting us! with out you we'd be out of a job. hope to see you all on a weekly basis! with some of the talanet that's being kicked around for future gigs i think this is going to be a great night! pass the word to all your friends and lets build a loyal following like the old groovejet days!

i have passes for each and every week so whatever you guys need i can sort you out! just drop me an e-mail at cream11@hotmail.com a few days in advance and it's done!

as for the club, i love it! i liked the brick work and the placemant of the dj booth. it's MUCH more personable and give the dj a chance to have a bit more crowd interaction with is very important for a dj. the sound system was awsome and the lighting was great! especially the photo montoge(sp?) over the bar!

well, here's to meny more great nights at the new and imporoved liquid!

ps. sorry for the late post but i just woke up ;)