Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The weekend of Nov. 24 & 25th

prplhz

I am coming down to DC for PVD the 24th and heard that Tiesto is spinning at a club named Insomnia, can anybody tell me about this, about the club and the clubs hours and if it is worth my time, really want to experience DC for the time that I am there.... Thanks

P.S. - Who is going to PVD??? Anybody know anything about the venue that they are holding this at?

Jess

I think alot of us are going to PvD, the place where that is being hel d is the DC Armory, right next to RFK stadium.

Go to

http://www.ultraworld.net/

and you can see pics of events held there in the past, like Odessy in the Spring when Boy George was there along with BBB, etc, pretty decent size place although they only sold booze (beer) in a special designated area and you couldnt take it out from there.:mad:

For Tiesto look at

http://www.clubglow.com/

Glow is held at Insomnia and they are bringing in Tiesto and some of us here might check it out.

Definitely let us know if you come down and we can meet up.

I am definetly coming down there, I got my tickets on monday. We are going to arrive on Saturday at about 4 or so and go to our hotel and check in and go to Ultra world for the night. We are actually trying to find something to do afterward because it is ending so early, so any ideas what time Tiesto is spinning until? And what time Insomnia stays open until? I would love to meet-up we are going to have to set something up before Thanksgiving, like a a place inside the Armory that everyone is familiar with. We will have to talk about this further, let me know more about this Insomnia place...

Jessica

Tiesto will be spinning from 1-5.

PvD ends @ 2.

Definitely next week lets work something out. That week I'll be up in NY for Sasha & Digweed on Wednesday but I'll back in time for Deep Dish on Friday and for PvD and Tiesto (still thinkin' about that one).

Dunno how Im gonna end after that weekend, maybe somethin' like --->:drunk::screwy: :goofy:

Thanks Vicman for the info I talked with the person that I am coming down to DC with and he said that he is definetly up for going to see Tiesto, and I talked with the some guy at Glow and he said it is going to be $15, so I think I might buy advanced tickets to ensure that I get in. I read in another post that you have never seen PVD.... OMFG you are in for a treat, I saw him like 5 times at Twilo and once up here in Boston, he is unbelievable! It is almost like he is telling you a story with the music that he spins, I really can't wait. I fell in love with him the first time I saw him at Twilo, you are going to be amazed at how good he really is, he gets the crown really going.... I bought his CD tuesday and it hasn't left my CD player since.... lol I would love to meet up when I come down, so next week we will set a place to meet and I will tell you what I look like and we can try and find each other... I can't get down there until saturday because I am staying with some friends in NYC on friday night...

Jessica

Yup never seen PvD live :mad:

I was gonna go down in MIA the weekend he was gonna spin there back in October, but my car was totalled a few weeks before that and had to cancel. :mad:

Doesnt really help that patural9 on this board got to see that performance, its like its being rubbed in :D on me.

But 100% I'll see him this time, no way in hell am I missing it for anything.

Im ready for him to blow me away :blown:

Cool Jes, definitely we should set something up next week here on the DC board for a meet-up at the Armory and @ Glow for Tiesto.

Victor

PVD live is like Bin Laden dead.....

hey prplhz did you see pvd like the last few times he was at Twilo? I'm not really sure but I think the last time I went to twilo was pvd on fri. the 13th of April and it was arguably the best time I ever had and definitely the best music I heard. I'm goin back to NY wed. for turkey then coming right back down to see pvd and tiesto.... there's no way I'm missing it since pvd comes anywhere on the east coast (except miami) like once in a blue moon

Yeah, I was definetly there for PVD on the 13th of April, the last time that PVd played at Twilo. I was in heaven, I got there so early and stayed until then end then drove all the way home here to Boston, but I didn't mind one bit. He is so good, I am actaully doing the same thing I am driving down to NYC the day after Thanksgiving and then on saturday morning I am driving to DC to see PVD and Tiesto, I got a hotel this time so no driving homw right afterwards, thank god... But I really can't wait, I have been so excited for this. What only 1 1/2 more weeks left??? I wasn't going to miss it for the world...

Allright, all this talk about PvD and seeing that alot of CP people have seen him spin live either in NYC or MIA makes me jealous. Damn, can't wait until the 24th.

Should we agree to make an ***Oficial*** meetup place and time thread for the armory sometime this week, as next week might be a bit hellish with some of us looking fwd. for S&D, etc.?

For that matter, should we make ***Oficial*** meetup threads for Deep Dish that Friday and Tiesto?:confused: :confused:

Sounds good to me, people from Boston and NYC coming down and I am sure they might want to meet up, I would definelty like too! And I agree on the hellish thing, next week is going to be all over the place... But the only bad thing is you should make it an easy place to find as I am not familiar with the Armory. By the way can anybody tell me about the parties Ultraworld throw, what are they like? What can anybody compare then too? Do they have good lazers and other fun stuff? What's the sound system like?

The only place where I can think of meeting, especially if they change the layout this time from the last event they threw there, would be around the bathrooms...of course unless they changed the location of the bathrooms :D

The bathrooms are located right upon entering the Armory, once you give your tix and are stripped searched upon passing the doors, on the left are the "little boys room" and to the right are the "little girls room"....needless to say I would be all for meeting inside the little girls room but that would be basically imposible :D

My first suggestion would be in that area. Whaddaya all think? Who else is going to Armory?

The soundsystem there is pretty decent, since the place is pretty big the have speakers in front and in the middle of the room. Pretty good laser show and stuff and last time they had some flame throwers. I think Ultraworld events are pretty good. I also went to one they held in Baltimore during the summer and had a good time. They have pics in their web site to give you a better idea of Armory and of their events.

Originally posted by vicman

Allright, all this talk about PvD and seeing that alot of CP people have seen him spin live either in NYC or MIA makes me jealous. Damn, can't wait until the 24th.

me and my cousin waited four fuckin hours to hear pvd spin at twilo one time . . .

it was worth the wait . . .

you have to head down to miami at wmc and check out the venues, fawkin rawks . . .

last time at wmc we had to choose between carl cox in the twilo tent or pvd on the mainstage . . .

talk about a toughie, but we picked cox . . .