Clubplanet Nightlife Community

denon 2600 and cdj1000

loua

hey i need some help here... wut should i get the denon 2600f or the cdj 1000s.... i wanna get tables later on... so teh cdj1000s would take up alot of space buts its doable for me if its really worth it. The denon looks like its got more features then the cdj1000s... (r the effects really usefull if u plan on getin an effects proccessor) cdj1000 digi stcratch i dont think i would care too much about cus im getti tables later on anyway... so what would be ur choice? wut can u do and learn more with?

any help apretiated

-tnx

I own the Denon and have had experience with the 1000. My opinion:

Denon

PROS

- built in efx, sampler

- two seamless loops/hot starts/stutter starts

- compact, good for mobile DJs

- +10 track button, rotary fast forward

- brake mode, platter start/stop

CONS

- Digi scratch is a piece of dog shit

- hot starts take a few seconds to load and need to be erased to reuse

- there is a glitch in some models...if you jam on the pitch bend sometimes the track fast fowards, or doesnt cue up (but there is a free software update for it)...this happened to me last night and threw me into a train wreck, so i have to get that shit fixed ASAP

Pioneer

PROS

- 3 hot starts that load amazingly quick and dont need to be erased to reload

- true vinyl feel for scratching, whatever(i dont spin vinyl so i dont know the terms)

- you can adjust the out AND the in on the seamless loop(which is very responsive to the touch...more than the Denon....makes for more precise loops)

- pitch control to the .01%

- basically, it has a million features that emulate that of a turntable

CONS

- no efx, no sampler

- each deck is so big, you would need a special coffin for them, and theyre a pain in the ass to bring to gigs, put in your car

- only one seamless loop.....i dont know if it has stutter mode or not

- most importantly $$$$$$$$$...not only is each player over a grand, but then you need a good mixer, efx box, and coffin....youre out at LEAST 3 grand, but more likely 3.5 - 4

Basically, each one is good for different things. You have to analyze your situation. I play mostly mobile gigs, bars, and house parties, and im not a turntablist. I have no need to scratch and do shit like that. I need to play tracks, toss in efx, etc. For me, the Denon works great. The Pioneer is fun as hell, but its a little extraneous for what I do. If you have cash to blow and you want to play around in your bedroom, and can afford the 1000, go for it. But if you plan on bringing your shit out and doing parties and whatever, i recommend the Denon.

Not a bad alternative is the Numark CDN-88. It has some features of each and its a couple hundred cheaper. The best thing to do is go to the store, play around with everything, and then think about your Djing plans. Also, think long term. Dont buy something if you cant fit it in your car, or if you have no where to store it (half of my room is equipment).

One last Alternative...Im selling a pair of American DJ Pro DJ2s, Gemini mixer for less than one of the CDJ 1000s. Shit is in excellent condition, Im just selling it because i bought the Denon and dont need it anymore.

IM me if you want to talk some more.

BG

Originally posted by loua

hey i need some help here... wut should i get the denon 2600f or the cdj 1000s.... i wanna get tables later on... so teh cdj1000s would take up alot of space buts its doable for me if its really worth it. The denon looks like its got more features then the cdj1000s... (r the effects really usefull if u plan on getin an effects proccessor) cdj1000 digi stcratch i dont think i would care too much about cus im getti tables later on anyway... so what would be ur choice? wut can u do and learn more with?

any help apretiated

-tnx

The denons are industry standard, just like Technics. If you plan on playing out at clubs, you want to have what the clubs have.

Originally posted by loua

any help apretiated

-tnx

. . I've said it before and I'll say it again: There is only one TRUE form of DJ'ing and it requires big BLACK discs . . .