Clubplanet Nightlife Community

moving out of NYC area

i like l.a too but all my family and friends are in the eastcoast so i wanna stay in the east. i think LA people are more friendly and beautiful but i must say LA scenery sucks. i was very disappointed to see Hollywood. it looked so tacky and boring. but i did like santo monica and long beach.

I _am_ moving to San Fran in the beginning of January!!! 7 weeks left in NY! As much as I'm gonna miss NY, I can't wait to get to SAN FRAN!!! It's def a great city----especially if you're into this scene. I never thought I'd leave NY, but if you're gonna go, it's gotta be to Cali!

Originally posted by andwhysee

if you could move out of NY metro area, where would you move to? im thinking of moving to the DC area or FL.

. . Flooreedah is harsh, it's got a break in period of about 2 years till you feel at home. . If you were thinking of it as a final desination because of the scene, think again. . times have changed and it's ALOT harder to find the cool things going on down there. . the central hub of the old scene (O-town/Tampa) is almost dead because of 3 am ordinances, and miami is. . most times. . .just a warmer version of the vibe up here. .

The only way I'd go is if I was making good money up here and I could get the same salary down there, cause in the Southland, if ur making more than 30 a year, you can live like a king. . .

I'd personally move out to San Francisco, so I could see the Bassbin Twins all the time!!! . . .

. . I just had to mention them :) . . .

i've lived in VA, MD, orlando, FL and now NY. actually central FL is pretty nice. many young people, decent nightlife etc.

Originally posted by tastyt

In the US, I think San Francisco would be the only place outside on NY I could handle actually living in.

DC you might like... I don't know about Florida, though, you might want to rethink that. Especially if you've lived in NY your whole life.

SF is ok but not impressive.. the city is no where magnificant and beautiful as NY but it costs as much. eveything is spread apart in CA unlike here in NYC which isn't very far from other major cities like philly,dc, boston etc.

Originally posted by jaxxart

I _am_ moving to San Fran in the beginning of January!!! 7 weeks left in NY! As much as I'm gonna miss NY, I can't wait to get to SAN FRAN!!! It's def a great city----especially if you're into this scene. I never thought I'd leave NY, but if you're gonna go, it's gotta be to Cali!