Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Vinly Review****

pglkm

Originally posted by calmdwn

and i have never heard DT spin. I do have one of his CD's, and it doesnt seem that great to me. Are his CD's like his live sets, and can someone give me a good examlpe of what he spins, i really whan to see him, but havent been able to get any of my friends out lately. Some one please give me the low down on DT.

his live sets are just unbelievable...beautiful vibe, slammin tunes and a playful dj to boot. You just gotta go. His sets tend to lean towards the dark tribal house side, but no genre of music is outta his reach. No two nights are ever the same and just about every single time we walk outta there, we say that it was the greatest set we ever heard. Just flat out the bomb...get your ass in gear and get a move on...

hey good job guys..this is a good thread..no bullshit games..real talk..nice for once..i will be taken a break from vinyl this week..i will be going to the factory to hear Danny Tenaglia for the first time spinning there on thankgiving eve....

i can't image danny spinning better then at his home turf..it always best to hear him at vinly because he rewards his loyal fans with crazy sets and surprise mixes every week..but...

i think danny at the factory is a must see...i can't see him getting more evil then he was last friday..but i think he is just warming up and teasing us for thanksgiving eve...its the factory and he is getting ready to go hardcore..and i heard that, there might be a chance Jonathan peters(just rumor)stops by....how sick would that be..shit....

i like danny's hard sets right now the best...his classic remixes that he throws in are sick too..the way it flows threw you is amazing..there is only a few dj's that can keep you going all night..dancing nonstop..and danny is the best at that..that's why you have to hear him live to get the full effect..you can't get that from a CD....later

we are truly blessed to have dt in the city with us...not only that after the wtc he hasn't left...from the looks of it he doesn't have any problems with other djs spinnin at vynils like a certain dj that owns exit on sat...with howells once a month gig and deep dish dec 15th i don't need another club..

you really appreciate his gu cds AFTER you see him spin...not only that you start liking other cds allot more like deep dish and steve lawler cuz their styles so are similar

friday was sick...wish i had more rest though...was my 3rd nite in a row of clubbin...how bangin was it when he threw on donna summer's(i think) i feel loved

Originally posted by firegirl

Danny Tenaglia restores my faith in humanity, in life, in this city

Originally posted by rustednutts--

i'm a big fan of DT and all, but you are saying this in a 'figuratively speaking' manner, right? if you can elaborate, please.

---umm, actually, no.

humanity: the vibe there is unlike anything else. and a lot of that has to do with danny encouraging everyone to "be yourself".

life: there have been many "last night a dj saved my life" occurrances. when everything is wrong and you can't see any light and then you look around at this jumping crowd throwing hands in the air in bliss. and among all the crap going on, you find yourself smiling.

city: this is a man who gave up a world tour to stay in nyc and plan for us grieving city folks. he's thrown numerous benefits for the wtc relief. he's done a great deal to show that his heart is here.

'nuff said

FireGirl