Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Vinyl Burridge/Van M reviews??

i just was not feeling that party at all.

van m and burridg... their styles just aren't meant for a tagteam set.

i mean, so i'm there listening to van m pump out his deep dark stuff, then suddenly we've got these funky assed breakbeats. it just didnt' flow and i really just couln't get into it.

but anyway

your a little bitch matty!!!

what a night. the music was off the hook. im starting to love breaks now. i gotta say from liek 7 30 till ileft around 8 30 the music was insane. i had no energy left in me but somehow still managed to dance.

Originally posted by j303j

your a little bitch matty!!!

what a night. the music was off the hook. im starting to love breaks now. i gotta say from liek 7 30 till ileft around 8 30 the music was insane. i had no energy left in me but somehow still managed to dance.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

breaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaks

My night started off with me arriving at Vinyl's doors at 11pm, when they are supposed to open. . .this has been i think twice in less than a month that they opened their doors and hour or more late and never gave a reason why. . .as i waited to go inside, a car pulls up and out comes Burridge and Jimmy Van M 15 minutes late for their gig. . .as i walked in to the cashier, they didn't have change in their register, i only had 30 and the woman told me she can't help me...i told her i'm giving her an extra 5 to get in...luckily the guy behind me had change...First time i ever heard of a club not having money in their cash machines. . .

As i got in, Burridge and Van M. already started tag teaming. . .both were dropping nice melodic music to warm up the place. . .then Burridge kicked it in with sick funky breaks Tyrant style. . .about time he started playing some breaks again. . .then Jimmy took over he was dropping nice dark progressive. . .at 1:50am, Burridge dropped this sick break track with hip hop vocals. . .no idea what's the name of the track, but i need to find out. . .

Burridge and Van M kept on tag teaming for most of the night...the main problem was the inconsistency. . .two dj's different styles were clashing. . .Jimmy would build up to this sick progressive level, then Burridge would come in with breaks and bring the tone back down. . .it was up and down for most of the night. . .

then after 3 i think it was mostly Burridge spinning...and it was really dark, it sounded great but i was hard to get into. . .he dropped this wicked remix of PQM's "are you sleeping?". . .then later on in the morning Van M dropped the origianl mix of "are you sleeping?" and the song sounds sick in a club when those lyrics come on...that song is my life story. . .hehehe. . .

then around 6-8, both DJs were starting play into nowhere and got really dark and deep. . .and by that time, i was waiting for their set to end. . .i left around 8am, but i heard they were still going on. . .

Overall, it was a great night, both DJs did equally well, but still two styles were clashing and the laser show wasn't bad at all. . .wish they had more room to work with like at twilo, but vinyl's ceiling is too damn low and naturally less room to work with. . .

Three things to improve vinyl:

1. open on time

2. get rid of the strobe lights

3. better sound system

no scratch, no snatch. . .

I just have to say that it was off the hook. Last night was my first time at Vinyl, its ok, and also my first time hearing Burridge and Jimmy Van M....they were fucken rockin. I got there like 12 partied til abt 6, my feet were killing me from all the dancing. But overall, they were great. Well I had a good weekend I saw deep dish, then these guys...different sounds but both are really good.:D;)

I had the sickest time wit jimmy and lee...they are really both down to earth guys, i was in the vip and jimmy is really cool he talked to me for like a half hour about music the scene traveling everything even the terrorist attack, lee was very friendly also and started dancing wit the crowd late in the night, the music was off the hook but i do agree that they got different styles and it did clash a bit, vinyl is a great club because everyone is themselves overthere and really great ppl who love the music, it really reminds me of twilo, hope to see all u guys next week for danny be yourself on friday night where our very own super dj spins every week!

fierydesire i told you ... IT was fuckin awesome .. i was dancing and tripping all fuckin nite ...

IT was off the hook .....

both of them were awesome i cant make my mind which one was better .. but LEE played some awesome tracks .. i went crazy on *YOU ARE SLEEPING* by PMQ ... fuckin awesome song ...

Originally posted by shadowchaser

. . .he dropped this wicked remix of PQM's "are you sleeping?". . .then later on in the morning Van M dropped the origianl mix of "are you sleeping?" and the song sounds sick in a club when those lyrics come on...that song is my life story. . .hehehe. . .

no scratch, no snatch. . .

ok............,

i just downloaded that "you are sleeping" song at your recommendation and i just have to chime in and say that that whole junkie whore's life story part is not something i'd feel like dancing to.