Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Mynt - Hot New SoBe Lounge

cooljunkie

Originally posted by cooljunkie

Mynt

This season Mynt is slated to become South Beach’s latest hotspot. Owner Nicola Siervo gave .cooljunkie’s. Sarah Lynn the tour:

Upon entering Mynt I immediately noticed how airy the 6,000 square foot space seemed. Designed by furniture designer Juan Carlos Arcila-Duque, Mynt is fresh and contemporary and certainly lives up to its name.

Nicola describes how the idea was to create one big living room with the contemporary sofas and chairs inspired by the Jean Michel Frank style, wrapped in dark gray wood, illuminated by domed hanging lights.

Nicola explains that with Mynt they wanted to create something more personal than what’s already available on South Beach and describes it as an ‘underground bar’ similar to those you would find in London and Europe.

He says that they wanted to create something which was new and fresh and they came up with a place called Mynt, where the basic colors and design reflect this concept.

Mynt is separated into three atmospheres - the Entrance, the Grand Lounge and the Ultra Lounge.

In the Grand Lounge on the northern wall there is a huge 40-foot wide light box that will have a rotating display of photography.

On the southern side is the 40-foot bar, which will be a full service liquor bar.

Nicole says that location of Mynt was chosen because the space became available and that the area in which it is located is an up and coming area of the beach with The Shore Club and the Setai just around the corner.

One of Mynt’s unique features is its aromatherapy system which can utilize up to 50 different smells, this is particularly good for people who don’t like the smell of smoke, says Nicola.

It’s the first commercial project for a lounge that is using aromatherapy - usually only used in health clubs. The first scent to be used will aptly be Mint with perhaps Citrus to follow.

The music at Mynt will include house, deep house, progressive house, and hip-hop one day a week. There will be resident DJ’s and once a month guest DJ’s.

The DJ booth is situated at the back of the main area, looking onto the room.

The final area of Mynt is its ‘Ultra Lounge’. This is right in the back of the venue, accessible by a few downward steps.

The décor of the room itself is very light. It is separated off by plexiglass. This feature is again very unique. The glass appears to be cloudy if you look directly on to it but clear if you look sideways and could prove to be quite confusing for a more intoxicated patron.

Mynt will cater towards a local crowd, and entrance will be free but by guest list only, which will close at 1am.

The lounge will be open 5 nights a week from 10pm – 5am (closed Sun & Mon)

Mynt is located at : 1931 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach

I had to do it guys! :tounge: ... the place sounds interesting but I see the emphasis is not on muzik

I think in a lounge, music should be secondary...downtempo fits the bill since it can become almost a background fill. If I'm at a lounge, I want to talk to my friends, and I can't really do that when the DJ is on a roll and drops track after track that I like :)

Digital7 aka CJ-hater!

I personally prefer to read the real article at www.cooljunkie.com. The experience of reading the article from the incredible coojunkie site just gives me a hightened sense of sensory perception and an overal feeling of euphoria and umniscience as opposed to reading a pesky qoute from clubplanet.

Hate the player - Digital7

not the game - Clubplanet