Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Exit Continues To Be Shitty.. My 11/16 Review

I got to Exit all the time and never really have a bad time. The music is not too great all the time, but for the most part, I feel it. This week Vicious tore it up and so did Draper later. I get searched EVERY TIME I go and last week even had to take my shoes off. I go in dressed nice, I'm White, non-raver and promoter for there. They see me all the time and continue to degrade me everytime I'm there. So I don't think that they are racist. In the club it self, if you notice, there are cameras like every 15 feet and I've seen security come from the opposite side of the club to a booth and search people. I talked to one guy and he said over his head set he was told to go search these individuals. They might be seen with hands in pockets,something stupid like that. They are just doing there job. I dunno, but like Linabina said... if you go out to have a good time, you probably will... make your own fun inside, dance with friends, make new friends if u want to just stand around. I don't know.

Originally posted by bkissa

i think the problem is w/ u and not exit. i think u just have to go out w/ a better attitude and you will have more fun. i've gone to clubs that i normally love and had very bad time because i was sick or my friends weren't there or something. yet every1 around me was having fun. try to have a more positive attitude. just my 0.02.

thank you bkissa for your extraordinary piece of advice. :rolleyes: however, i tend to find it a TAD bit difficult to have a "better attitude" when i am being treated like a criminal. don't get me wrong, i made the best of my night there. i came out with a smile on my face at the end of the night, despite all the hardships i had encountered in Exit.

and i do appreciate everyone's input about getting searched hardcore despite being Causasian or not and being raver or not. my impression was that they were being biased in terms of the search at the door b/c EVERYONE that was waiting on the line i was on was Asian and/or a raver. the security guards have even told me in the past i was getting searched with such scrutiny b/c i was asian. so, i do feel that i have the right to make the conclusion that the employees there ARE RACIST.

shit, don't you see all the posts [even on CP] about the clubbers being racist against the Asians at Exit? why wouldn't the employees feel the same way? or at least be racist against those asians that don't provide money for them?

if i do go back to exit, maybe i'll check out ms. junior instead.

Guest saleen351

I dont go to exit but here is your track

dj shredda - kettensage the crow a2 mix.mp3

dj shredda - chainsaw fightclub b1 mix.mp3

Not to defend the bouncers but I bounced for 3 years and there is one rule,

Perception is truth.....Their perception is what they believe to be true, can't change that, its what Madison Ave is based on.....

My problem with exit is all the fucking dirt bags...Why can't these ppl dress up a little...All the raver shit is for 12 years olds....Just plain Gay.... I last saw glowsticks at temps in 98 and then that fad ended but NYC keeps it going...

Originally posted by saleen351

Perception is truth.....Their perception is what they believe to be true, can't change that, its what Madison Ave is based on.....

i do agree with this statement to a certain extent. most people, to my understanding, that go clubbing on the weekends tend to be "weekend warriors", myself included. therefore, i think we all deal with an environment during the week where looks and perceptions are everything to some extent. personally, i work in the finance/IB world where i know i got hired not only for my brains, but for my looks to represent the company well.

why should i deal with that BULLSHIT when i am at a CLUB? i should be able to express myself whatever way i want when i go to a club. if i want to be dipped out in rave gear that is MY business. the weekend is the time i allocate during each week to be ME, to have a little bit of time to escape the everyday nonsense of society.

a club should know that they are in the industry of hedonism. let your customers be, as they are the ones filling up your pockets with cash every weekend.

Originally posted by kitty19

i do agree with this statement to a certain extent. most people, to my understanding, that go clubbing on the weekends tend to be "weekend warriors", myself included. therefore, i think we all deal with an environment during the week where looks and perceptions are everything to some extent. personally, i work in the finance/IB world where i know i got hired not only for my brains, but for my looks to represent the company well.

why should i deal with that BULLSHIT when i am at a CLUB? i should be able to express myself whatever way i want when i go to a club. if i want to be dipped out in rave gear that is MY business. the weekend is the time i allocate during each week to be ME, to have a little bit of time to escape the everyday nonsense of society.

a club should know that they are in the industry of hedonism. let your customers be, as they are the ones filling up your pockets with cash every weekend.

hahaha - i thought i was the lone ranger on wall st that goes to clubs. Even the young 'uns ..the analysts don't really go. Let the invasion begin! That was actually a very disturbing thought. :D

I am white, not a raver and got the full body search. My friend that is asian did not get seached at all. It just depends on when u go. They don't search everyone, they don't have the time to do that. As for the vibe I thought it sucked to. The crowd was way to young( no offense). It was like amatur night, with people throwing up everywhere and starting fights. Saturdays are a different story. Different crowd, strict dress code. I always had a good time on Saturday at the old Exit. I still haven't been on Sat. since the renovations. It sucks that the FOB's give a bad name to all Asians. Just because of this group the cool ones have to suffer.

FOBs = fresh off the boat

a derogatory term that is used to describe people that are not born in the United States and come here from abroad. these people are given the stereotype of being a "FOB" because they have not assimilated into the american culture. this is used to describe asians in particular because they may dress, speak, and carry themselves differently from their asian american counterparts due to the cultural difference.

Well I went to exit this friday, havnet been there in months and I didnt think it was too bad, well I used to be an exit head, but gave it a break. I love the new layout, especially the booths on the second floor. Thats where I stood the whole night on the second floor, cuz the dance floor is too packed. I definately dont like the crowd, between the stuckups, ppl trying to cause trouble, etc. But I went there to have fun so I just found a place to dance in and no one to bother with , unless freindly. I dont let the crowd bother me at all. As far as the music, Jv was good, but he could have been better, more harder. I liked his set towards the end, the last hour he spun. He was spinning some new, and old tracks. I did like draper after Jv, he spun some nice hard tracks. Yeah am not gonna diss draper, cuz I am into hard house, so when he spins, he makes me dance, and thats all that counts for me. I dont care who the dj is , as long as I dance my ass off . Everyone has their own tastes into music, I have mine. :D;):)