Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Vegas for NEW YEARS!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I will be out there also and was looking iin to oakenfold but its $200. I heard that Junior wilbe out ther though but i cant find confirmation on that. As for the hotspots check out utopia and c2k. I love Studio 54 but the music is not that great but the crowd is real diverse and it has a fun atmosphear. if anyone finds out of any other djs ther please let me know.

There is a new bar opening up called Whiskey Sky at the new Green Valley Ranch Resort. The hotel and the bar open Dec. 18. It looks pretty cool - they have these things called opium dens that are like private beds with plasma screens, stereos and a very cool vibe. I want to check it out. Has anyone heard of this bar?

I'm trying to find out what they have going on that night. I'll post when I find out.

I actually just came back from Las Vegas late last night. I would say if you're going to be there on New Year's Eve then by all means catch Paul Oakenfold at House of Blues. It's a very cool venue and I was partying my ass of there last Sunday night. On Sunday nights there they play house music there for a local crowd.

If you want to check out other nightspots don't bother going to Club Rio unless you want to meet lots of geeky tourists dancing to Will Smith songs. (I'm not kidding either) Rumjungle in the Mandalay Bay was another disappointment. While the club itself wasn't too bad the DJ there was playing the same top 40 crap you're likely to hear at a wedding/bar mitzvah. A cool place to go grab some drinks before hitting a club was Red Square.

Overall Las Vegas is pretty cool it's not like New York City or Miami because it also caters to such a large tourist crowd from the Midwest. So it's a lot more laid back and not as much velvet rope burn.

Have fun!

Originally posted by homersimpson

I actually just came back from Las Vegas late last night. I would say if you're going to be there on New Year's Eve then by all means catch Paul Oakenfold at House of Blues. It's a very cool venue and I was partying my ass of there last Sunday night. On Sunday nights there they play house music there for a local crowd.

If you want to check out other nightspots don't bother going to Club Rio unless you want to meet lots of geeky tourists dancing to Will Smith songs. (I'm not kidding either) Rumjungle in the Mandalay Bay was another disappointment. While the club itself wasn't too bad the DJ there was playing the same top 40 crap you're likely to hear at a wedding/bar mitzvah. A cool place to go grab some drinks before hitting a club was Red Square.

Overall Las Vegas is pretty cool it's not like New York City or Miami because it also caters to such a large tourist crowd from the Midwest. So it's a lot more laid back and not as much velvet rope burn.

Have fun!

ahh man sorry that it was such a disapointment....but u went to the wrong clubs man!!.... HOB is a good place ...but i would have to say Club Utopia ....,Seven,Club Rain,Club Ra,Babies,etc....these clubs play only trance,house,techno .....but yeah rio is top 40 shit, rum jungle ones in a hwile will have a house or trance dj there but usually top 40 crap as well.....

Yea, that's what everyone's been telling me since I've been back but it was still a good time. The deal was that the crowd I was hanging with were never into the club scene or listening to techno/house so for them it was a different experience. The next time I go to Las Vegas I'll definitely go with a different crowd and I'll know what to avoid.

• 3 weeks later...