Clubplanet Nightlife Community

richie hawtin is a diety

ok so i arrived at ll circa 2:30 - the parachutes made it difficult to find anyone, so i wandered around. i lost hacker but made my way into the dj booth to watch hawtin rip shit up on final scratch - i mean the interface is basically two oscilloscopes and a file list, but it is really sweet. it lets you line up the beat pulses for easy beatmatching as well. hawtin's 909 was MIA, however. in any case, watching the man work was unbelievable - total focus on the music. he had this driving intensity that you could see manifested itself in the beats he was pumping. He was practically remixing tracks on the spot with turntables alone.

shoutouts:

LavenderMenace you are a sweetheart, i hope you know that....

Barvybe, thanks for looking after our girl :P

SilentE, it was nice to meet you finally, though i wish one of us would have stepped up earlier in the night so we could have talked more...

Hacker - i'm sorry i lost ya, i thought you followed me into the booth...

Xpander - one day soon you can be a consultant in our software company!

albyback - i don't know who you are but damn you are elusive... every time i meet people from CP they always are looking for you or are so proud they've spotted you. apparently, you've got that whole dark knight thing going for ya!

agent orange and greg: good to see you again :P

it was sad that they had to end the night so early, but given the circumstances i can understand. i had basically had my fill anyway.

i have been LOVING the limelight lately.... i'll be hitting this place very often in the coming weekends...

peaz,

rob

Originally posted by dialectics

Hacker - i'm sorry i lost ya, i thought you followed me into the booth...

my brain's ability to randomly seek and access

information was a bit muddled. four drinks

in one hour (11 to 12) really fucked me.

not Drunk just way tipsy and dizzy

and had the audio fuzz goin' on. ugh.

no worries. till tha next one!

Originally posted by dialectics

haha i'll be there, i'll be there....

rob

my bad... i wasn't there :(

sorry lav, i tried really i did. my soul (and my gpa) can't handle all of this clubbin...

but i really will be there on friday...

my birthday is coming up soon and i don't know what to do - wanted to have a party but my roommates will be in the middle of finals then. dammit.

peaz,

rob

hey, good seeing all of u.

hawtin was excellent

and Dialectics - if i took care of our girl, then she needs a better keeper than me i think! LOL

so, went to SF after and stayed there till 2pm or so. had a great time. Danny wasn't "ON", but he's still the man. Dancing with Vivacious was fun too!

I think i like the place better with the dj in the sky booth though....