Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Taste in Belleville?????

Originally posted by ladybijan22

THE FOOD SUCKED!!!! Trying to be a cross between Tao and Asia de Cuba. The atmosphere is nice, the DJ is good, and the bar areas fill up quickly, HOWEVER, if you go there for dinner be prepared for small portions and a TASTELESS meal!!! :puke:

Ooooohhhh...its a restaurant???? Huh, Id never heard of it.

Originally posted by cmb1975

Anyone ever heard of this place? Someone just came to me and asked me about it. I have never heard of it. But his friends went last Friday and said it was awesome.

I Haven't been yet but its owned by personal friends of mine. from what was described to me by them and others it is a gorgeous place with a great atmosphere. I also heard they have one of the top chef's from NYC so I really wouldnt think the food to not be good as stated above. Who knows go check it out for yourself guaranteed to see a lot of familiar faces from the club business.

Originally posted by kostaP

I Haven't been yet but its owned by personal friends of mine. from what was described to me by them and others it is a gorgeous place with a great atmosphere. I also heard they have one of the top chef's from NYC so I really wouldnt think the food to not be good as stated above. Who knows go check it out for yourself guaranteed to see a lot of familiar faces from the club business.

hi!! wed night was great!! thanks for finally meeting me by the bar! LOL i know u were busy!!! i dunno if i am gonna make it out this weekend~~>i had surgery today:( ...but i will see u soon!!!

Originally posted by kostaP

Regardless of how professional ERNESTO is - the food SUCKED!!! Not one person at my table enjoyed anything they ate - and BTW, there were 8 of us. You would think at least one person would have enjoyed their meal - sorry but not one did!! Some other friends of mine were also there, and their food SUCKED ALSO!! I too heard about the chef SUPPOSEDLY being from TAO in the city. Well, been there too and I can tell you the food IS NOTHING compared to TAO. The atmosphere is VERY NICE (especially for a NJ establishment), HOWEVER if they wish to get a good following for the food, and NOT the bar/lounge, they are really going to have to get a better chef, larger portions, and a better menu!! I hope they do because it would be a shame to have a nice place go under because they can't get the proper chef in there!!

Originally posted by nabuc1

Lady how have you been. How are the plans going? Where exactly is this place, I'd like to give it a try. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Plans are at a stand still these days sweetie!! Just trying to decide on a honeymoon!! We'd be just in the first 4 days of out honeymoon when the 1 year anniversary of the WTC attacks arrives, and I don't know if I'd be able to travel to europoe then. Everyone tells me to just do it - but I am not sure.

TASTE is off Franklin Ave in Belleville/Bloomfield in the A&P shopping center. We made a right at some school when we were on Franklin Ave coming from Nutley.

Like I said - the place itself is really nice. It's a cross between Asia de Cuba and Tao. If you go, make sure you reserve a booth upstairs!! There are 2 bars - one up and one down. The bars each had a nice size crowd - BUT there were some really WINNERS there (if you know what I mean.) Crowd is a BROAD MIX of age ranges. The DJ is this kid Wilson who used to work at Green Man Lounge in Hoboken - so the music is good!! Other than that - you have to taste the food yourself. The joke at the table were all the different words that have TASTE in it that mean the COMPLETE OPPOSITE. The food really was bad - and the protions couldn't feed an 8 year old.

Now that I have babbled on - how are your plans coming?? Hope you had a nice holiday!!

Tootaloo!!

Thank you so much for the info. I think I'll give it a try this weekend. My holiday was nice, unfortunately my son was a little under the weather. The plans are coming along. We actually have Pre-Cana this weekend (Oh Yah!!!). Again thanks for the info.

I must agree with Lady too. I went there for a b-day dinner 2 wks ago. Pretty decent atmosphere for a Bloomfield shopping center but the food was far from good. It had an ok lounge but if you're going for dinner pick a different restaurant!

moe_party.gif

Live DJs all night.

NU-school breaks, classic breaks, scratchin recordz up da azz....

house, progressive, tribal, party music, hip hop, trip hop, 2 kegs, girls, boys, men, women, 100% FREE, bring da whole crew.

Promoters... come check out the talents of DJ erok & Tim Roberts

:roll::spin2:

THIS SATURDAY Dec. 8th spinnin 9pm till dawn.

Right in the heart of Jersey City... JOURNAL SQUARE...

Email me or click on moe for mo info.