Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Where are all the GIRL dj's!!! dammit!!

Guest funkysoul

Sandra Collins

Spacegirl

Polywog (San Fran)

There seem to be many more women deejays in San. Fran than in NY (or anywhere else, actually). I went to a rave out there last May and the main floor was virtually dominated by women deejays. Also, a friend of mine who lives in Oakland just threw an all-female deejay party and had no trouble filling time slots.

the problem with chics with dicks, i mean decks, is that they flaunt their sexuality as part of the act.

one can argue if they're both capable AND sexy, hey, why not market the entire package?

but we all know that "sex" and all of it's "-ualities" does nothing for me. maybe it's just me. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by loch

the problem with chics with dicks, i mean decks, is that they flaunt their sexuality as part of the act.

one can argue if they're both capable AND sexy, hey, why not market the entire package?

but we all know that "sex" and all of it's "-ualities" does nothing for me. maybe it's just me. :rolleyes:

i remember this response from someone who posted the same question last year.

anyway, there are a lot of girl djs. reid speed, doomer, dj rap, spacegirl, and many more

i think bliss' membership of faithless is a good sign that she is very capable

you might recognize her songs like sister sister

hmmm...is it that they "flaunt" their sexuality, or that they are simply sexy? I find that many times, "flaunt" is a word used by men to make women responsible for the attraction men feel toward them. Sister Bliss is a beautiful woman - she cannot hide that, nor is there any flaunting required.

Same old story, I suppose: no one minds if chicks get ahead, as long as they aren't pretty AND smart. Then they're being manipulative or "flaunting."

Originally posted by pkern

hmmm...is it that they "flaunt" their sexuality, or that they are simply sexy? I find that many times, "flaunt" is a word used by men to make women responsible for the attraction men feel toward them. Sister Bliss is a beautiful woman - she cannot hide that, nor is there any flaunting required.

Same old story, I suppose: no one minds if chicks get ahead, as long as they aren't pretty AND smart. Then they're being manipulative or "flaunting."

within the context that i was alluding to, it is those who spin bared chested that i was talking about when i say "flaunting".

i'll be the first to tell you that sexyness comes not from what you flash to the public, but from the mystique that exudes from beneath your clothed body. (oh who the fawk am i fooling, yea, it's all about the t & a) :laugh:

and pkern, quit flaunting your shyt. :tongue:

I remember Penelope Tuesdae, she used to spin at GBH parties in the Tapioco room. She was alright, kinda funny and hot when she would leave the DJ booth in her bikini and start dancing.

Two years back for the 99-2000 NYE, I spent it at Brownies in the East Village. There was this cute Asian DJ who spinned great hip-hop. I also once saw her at Bobs on the LES. Girl, if you're on this board, you rocked!