Clubplanet Nightlife Community

George Acosta or Johnny Vicious??

Codica3

Hmm.. I have a problem.. I wanted t hear George Acosta do his set on the 21st because I've never heard him spin before, but now Johnny Vicious has his opening night @ Roxy on the 21st so I'm torn between where to go..

How is George Acosta live? I'm curious to hear him and all so I dunno what to do..

I guess I could always go to both..

Afterall.. George Acosta is doing an early set @ Exit I believe and then it's "afterhours by Tony Draper" which I can definitely live without.. then since Vicious should be spinning a full set @ Roxy I can head over there.. but will Roxy be still bumpin' by the time Acosta is over? I would hope so..

So what should I do?

Is Acosta even worth hearing live versus Mr. Johnny Vicious?!

you have it all wrong.

George Acosta = 28th of December

so get your dose of Vicious on the 21st @ Roxy (use g.list - Launch or Burke Roper ;])

George Acosta is a mixed style of hard trance and uplifting happy stuff. I personaly thinks he rips it up every single time I heard him. He does a lot of raves and spins at the infamous Shadow Lounge @ south beach

LOL I thought Acosta was the 21st?!

AHH!

It doesn't even matter now cause somehow I got pulled into promoting for Roxy with Vicious so I have to be there opening night.

There's another problem though now..

One of my absolute faves: DJ SCOT PROJECT @ LL on the 21st..

WTF am I gonna do?!?!

P.S. msoprano13 - I am a Vicious head but it's perfectly valid to ask that question.. I've seen Vicious live numerous times, and I plan to continue to see him now that he has his residency started up.. however.. Acosta doesn't come around that much & I wanted to hear him live.. don't try and discredit me and question my validity just cause I was contemplating going to hear a DJ that I'm really curious to hear. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I used to be a real trance head in my day.......and I can truly say that George Acosta is one of the best, definately better than Vicious, trance DJ's in the world.

However, Scot Project? Damn, I would pass on George to see Scot anyday......(half of the tracks Acosta drops are Project cuts anyways); so I would think twice about passing on Scot Project.

*Realz- George is a resident at Level now......Shadow Lounge doesn't exist anymore, they closed their doors months ago (RIP).

Originally posted by joeygk

However, Scot Project? Damn, I would pass on George to see Scot anyday......(half of the tracks Acosta drops are Project cuts anyways); so I would think twice about passing on Scot Project.

Hmm.. I think I'm gonna have to go with you on that one.......

I don't get it....why is there such a decision about who to see. JV is always in NY and hes gonna be at Roxy EVERY WEEK. Why would you pass up a chance to see another dj you really like that doesnt come aorund often for someone you can see the very next week? Variety is good.....it doesnt meant you arent a true fan if you miss him one week to see someone different.

Originally posted by njitpimp

I don't get it....why is there such a decision about who to see. JV is always in NY and hes gonna be at Roxy EVERY WEEK. Why would you pass up a chance to see another dj you really like that doesnt come aorund often for someone you can see the very next week? Variety is good.....it doesnt meant you arent a true fan if you miss him one week to see someone different.

very good point............

:mad: I'VE HEARD VICIOUS, I'VE MET VICIOUS. HE DEFINITELY WEARS HIS CROWN. HOWEVER HE WAS HOT FOR THE PAST 4 MAYBE 5 YR'S, NOW I THINK HE'S KINDA FALLING OFF. YOU CAN NEVER LOSE YOUR TOUCH, BUT I THINK HE'S STRAYNG AWAY FROM IT.

AS FOR ACOSTA, I'VE NEVER HAD THE PLEASURE OF HEARING HIM SPIN. I WAS TOLD OF A COUPLE HOT MIXED CD'S HE HAS OUT, I WOULD LOVE TO CHECK THEM OUT, WHO KNOWS THEM?:confused:

~"SPIN IT LOUD, SPIN IT GOOD, SPIN IT LIKE I KNEW I WOULD,

MAKE THEM DANCE WHERE WALLFLOWERS STOOD, SPIN SWEET TRACKS TILL I GET WOOD!!!!!!!":eek:

Originally posted by wickedvinyl

:mad: I'VE HEARD VICIOUS, I'VE MET VICIOUS. HE DEFINITELY WEARS HIS CROWN. HOWEVER HE WAS HOT FOR THE PAST 4 MAYBE 5 YR'S, NOW I THINK HE'S KINDA FALLING OFF. YOU CAN NEVER LOSE YOUR TOUCH, BUT I THINK HE'S STRAYNG AWAY FROM IT.

AS FOR ACOSTA, I'VE NEVER HAD THE PLEASURE OF HEARING HIM SPIN. I WAS TOLD OF A COUPLE HOT MIXED CD'S HE HAS OUT, I WOULD LOVE TO CHECK THEM OUT, WHO KNOWS THEM?:confused:

~"SPIN IT LOUD, SPIN IT GOOD, SPIN IT LIKE I KNEW I WOULD,

MAKE THEM DANCE WHERE WALLFLOWERS STOOD, SPIN SWEET TRACKS TILL I GET WOOD!!!!!!!":eek:

check out - Awakening

& also

AM / PM

:mad: tanx dude!!!!!! by the way, u wouldn't know of any vicious cd's that are blazin' hot too, whether old or new. I would rather compare the 2 while on the train, driving, or in the shower getting ready, than bouncing off the wall under whatever influence while they rip up a set.:blown:

Originally posted by wickedvinyl

:mad: tanx dude!!!!!! by the way, u wouldn't know of any vicious cd's that are blazin' hot too, whether old or new. I would rather compare the 2 while on the train, driving, or in the shower getting ready, than bouncing off the wall under whatever influence while they rip up a set.:blown:

I havent heard this one yet.. but he has a double cd compilation with Tall Paul under MINISTRY OF SOUND RECORDINGS. you might want to check that out . ;)