Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dumb question, probably...but what the hell

cdeep

I'm one of those B & T dudes, so forgive me if this question is stupid, but what's the deal with the guestlists? By reading the posts on here, it looks like not all promoter's lists are recognized (especially at Exit). Like a fool, I always pay full price when going to Exit, SF, etc..., but that is because I'd hate even more to walk up to one of the tables and be turned back like a dope. Any of you Club God/Goddess peeps have any direction you can hook me up with as far as guestlists (especially for either SF or Exit),with any pull? Would be greatly appreciated.

:confused:

Deep

Originally posted by madrusso

sometimes i get this feeling that there are more promoters than patrons in the club

peace,

. . Well when you can pick a word at random from the Websters Unabridged dictionary and use it successfully at the list table, then you know there's a problem . .

. . . This is a bigger problem then just guestlists . . Nightlife needs a more organized management style . . It seems all soo simple to me, but I guess I'm just a stickler for details. . hmm. . maybe I should open up an establishment . .

Here's a fix for the guestlist dilemma: Do it all on the web. .

(I will now spell it out, free of my usual consulting fee . .)

There should be one standard webpage that Clubs, Promoters and clubgoers can sign up to to negotiate guest lists for people. .

When a user goes to the webpage, they should choose from one of three options:

1)Club Owners

2)Promoters

3)Party People

1) Club Owners: Owners would log on to this page and setup what nights their establishment operates and what parties are held on each night of operation. The Owners would also be able to specify which promoters have guestlists for each party. In addition to setting up the above, owners would also be able to specify which promoters are allowed to hold guestlists or specific parties and the maximum number of people each promoter is allowed to sign for each party..

2) Promoters: Promoters would log on and see the guestlists that they have outstanding and which party people are signed up for each. Promoters would also have the ability to petition club owners for the right to post guestlists for specific parties. .

3) Party people: Peeps would log on and be able to search for specific clubs/venues around the area that are participating in the guestlist service. . When they find one that they like, they would be able to submit to be on the guestlist. . after the promoter has signed off on them being on the guestlist, they would receive an email confirmation that they are indeed on the guestlist and a confirmation code, or number that they could use when they got to the club/venue in question . .

. . .Now here's the part that REQUIRES that the door/list people NOT BE CRACKHEADS. . (:laugh: . .good luck . . )

The door people would be outfitted with a laptop with some kind of internet connection ( a cell-modem would do nicely . . Novatel makes great ones . .), which would be logged in under the club's account and displaying the guestlist info. . When a patron comes up and says "I'm on so and so's guestlist" the door person would go to the list and check to see if the name on the list/confirmation code matches the one on the guestlist in the computer, if so, merry Christmas. .you're in . .

. . An even easier way would be to just do it by confirmation code. . You get up to the table, give the code, the door person types it in and it imediately tells them who you are and what list you're on . .

. . I hope this is a good framework . . I think waaaay to much into this stuff sometimes . .

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . Well when you can pick a word at random from the Websters Unabridged dictionary and use it successfully at the list table, then you know there's a problem . .

. . . This is a bigger problem then just guestlists . . Nightlife needs a more organized management style . . It seems all soo simple to me, but I guess I'm just a stickler for details. . hmm. . maybe I should open up an establishment . .

Here's a fix for the guestlist dilemma: Do it all on the web. .

(I will now spell it out, free of my usual consulting fee . .)

There should be one standard webpage that Clubs, Promoters and clubgoers can sign up to to negotiate guest lists for people. .

When a user goes to the webpage, they should choose from one of three options:

1)Club Owners

2)Promoters

3)Party People

1) Club Owners: Owners would log on to this page and setup what nights their establishment operates and what parties are held on each night of operation. The Owners would also be able to specify which promoters have guestlists for each party. In addition to setting up the above, owners would also be able to specify which promoters are allowed to hold guestlists or specific parties and the maximum number of people each promoter is allowed to sign for each party..

2) Promoters: Promoters would log on and see the guestlists that they have outstanding and which party people are signed up for each. Promoters would also have the ability to petition club owners for the right to post guestlists for specific parties. .

3) Party people: Peeps would log on and be able to search for specific clubs/venues around the area that are participating in the guestlist service. . When they find one that they like, they would be able to submit to be on the guestlist. . after the promoter has signed off on them being on the guestlist, they would receive an email confirmation that they are indeed on the guestlist and a confirmation code, or number that they could use when they got to the club/venue in question . .

. . .Now here's the part that REQUIRES that the door/list people NOT BE CRACKHEADS. . (:laugh: . .good luck . . )

The door people would be outfitted with a laptop with some kind of internet connection ( a cell-modem would do nicely . . Novatel makes great ones . .), which would be logged in under the club's account and displaying the guestlist info. . When a patron comes up and says "I'm on so and so's guestlist" the door person would go to the list and check to see if the name on the list/confirmation code matches the one on the guestlist in the computer, if so, merry Christmas. .you're in . .

. . An even easier way would be to just do it by confirmation code. . You get up to the table, give the code, the door person types it in and it imediately tells them who you are and what list you're on . .

. . I hope this is a good framework . . I think waaaay to much into this stuff sometimes . .

or u do like the rest of the world and reserve gueslists for what u guys call comps, that is friends of the clubowner, deejays and the ilk, you have memberships for regulars to get reduced, or u hand out flyers to get reduced.......simple

lol... getin a guestlist is easier to get on one then not gettin on one... wat do i mean? theres like almost as many promoters at exit as the clubbers... dont get me wrong, there are some very talented promoters at exit but, there very limited, most of them just promotin to get in free every weekend... but you go to the guestlist table and ask for almost any random name and therell have it cuz of there 5000 guestlists... but to get on a guestlist for sf or exit is as easy as pie