Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Relationship advice

lollib

Well, on Z100 this morning they were debating on whether or not people should go to their friends when they are having relationship problems. A guy wrote in and said he went to his female best friend for advice and his girlfriend got really mad. I dont see a big deal in it but they were saying that guys and girls cant be just friends and the girl might have a motive behind her advice. What does everyone think?

I had this problem with my ex. He would get really pissed at me when I told him that I discussed something going on between the two of us. But who the hell else are you supposed to go to? I mean, keep the personal details to a minimum, you need to respect your partner's privacy as much as you can.

Sometimes you need to look outside the relationship for some perspective. It's true that your friend may have ulterior motives, or may be applying too much of their personal history to their advice. But it shouldn't matter that much, because it's not like you're going to follow what they say to the tee; you have to filter through it and see what makes sense. I mean, unless you can afford therapy what the hell else are you going to do?

Oh, and the thing about men and women not being able to be just friends- complete bullshit. I feel sorry for anyone who thinks that way.

Originally posted by tastyt

I had this problem with my ex. He would get really pissed at me when I told him that I discussed something going on between the two of us. But who the hell else are you supposed to go to? I mean, keep the personal details to a minimum, you need to respect your partner's privacy as much as you can.

Sometimes you need to look outside the relationship for some perspective. It's true that your friend may have ulterior motives, or may be applying too much of their personal history to their advice. But it shouldn't matter that much, because it's not like you're going to follow what they say to the tee; you have to filter through it and see what makes sense. I mean, unless you can afford therapy what the hell else are you going to do?

Oh, and the thing about men and women not being able to be just friends- complete bullshit. I feel sorry for anyone who thinks that way.

Definitely agree with everything you said and it annoys me when people say men and women cannot just be friends. And like you said, who else are you supposed to go? We are asking for advice- doesnt mean we are going to follow what someone else says!

i agree that' it's good to go outside of the relat. to friends and seek advice, like tastyt said. BUt too much isnt good.

My ex relied so much on her girlfriends advice, that i believe it inebidably led to our breakup. They kept saying "we don't see you enough, you don't come out anymore" and she felt not ready for a relat.

BUt she'd get so jealous if i talked to another girl, let alone get advice from one. Everything was black and white with her, while i felt i could still hold a relat. but have girls as friends

OWELL ALLS WELL THAT ENDS WELL