Clubplanet Nightlife Community

you will all come to Exit sooner or later

realz

well cwscarizni, ive been to earth (exit) a couple of times since oct 6 and i can tell you that ive had a blast every time, never left b4 11 usually stayed well until the afternoon. Everyone that i have taken there including my 21 year brother from penn has had a great time. I dont know how fridays are or were at exit becuase i never went and dont have an interest on going but saturdays are outta control. I know there is a stigma attatched to exit, but its changing check it out

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what up exgroove! glad you've had fun with exit saturdays... i'll definitely check that out this winter... i'm more familiar with fridays--which, despite the stigma, are awesome most of the time...

personally, i would like it if the crowd were a little bit better, but from what i've heard, lately it has been changing for the better...

but i think its so big, and there are so many different types of people, that you can find what you're looking for.

in the end, it all comes down to the music, no? ;)

Why is it that Exit Fridays get mentioned more than Exit Saturdays? It was this way when Boris spun there. There was hardly any mention of Boris or Saturday night.

By the way, last Friday I went to Bliss and had a beautiful time. Boris spun superbly all night long. He is a great dj, and despite much of the bullshit that is said about him, he is nowhere even close to being washed up.

yea man i agree with u cws, i mean the place is so huge and there are different types of people even though on saturdays after 7 or 8 it is predominantly gay. But the bunch i roll we are all mixed, gay str8 latin white black, and we all go for the music which is what its all about ........... to me i know if its a good night if i sweat it out on the dancefloor. If im talking caca all night then it was wack thats how i see it

Originally posted by realz

lols. but you guys forget, these DJ's go by 3 hour sets. (pvd, sander, tiesto etc.)

If the typical marathon DJ (Sasha & Digweed, Danny Howells, etc.) would come to Exit, hells yea they would spin all night. The promoters at Exit, actually know great music and you probably seen them at Twilo, Vinyl, Space. etc. They know what they are doing....... ;]

ummmmmm last time i checked all those guys you just mentioned spin marathon sets....pvd espicially does not spin for 3 hours.....

I was at Exit last night (saturday) . VH1 was there, trying to take some people for a video shoot. (they made you dance in front of the camera inorder to get into the club LOL) Got there around 2 am and there was about 2-3 hundred people on the mainfloor. Heard it gets packed by 6 , Jason was good.

Originally posted by trancend

lol.....this topic is an atrocity and i cant believe im actually reading this, how can you even mention twilo and exit in the same thread??

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah, comparing exit to twilo is a sin!! (at least in the club world) I will be at exit this friday for tiesto, and tiesto only. Once draper gets on the tables.... oooh sorry..... his cd players, I am out of there. Exit has been bringing in more talent, and I commend them for thier efforts. But until the guido meatheads, and Tony Draper leave Exit it will forever remain a good venue with an aweful vibe. The people in the club make the club, and it really doesn't matter who they bring in to play to the crowds. I will be making an apperance for Tiesto, but that is it. As for the crowd, it will forever remain the same because most people who go out for the music would not dare step foot into that place.

Originally posted by msoprano13

ummmmmm last time i checked all those guys you just mentioned spin marathon sets....pvd espicially does not spin for 3 hours.....

PVD does spin for 3 hours bro. Havent you been to twilo :T?? ??!?

Originally posted by realz

lols. but you guys forget, these DJ's go by 3 hour sets. (pvd, sander, tiesto etc.)

If the typical marathon DJ (Sasha & Digweed, Danny Howells, etc.) would come to Exit, hells yea they would spin all night. The promoters at Exit, actually know great music and you probably seen them at Twilo, Vinyl, Space. etc. They know what they are doing....... ;]

Oh, and another thing. PVD does not do 3 hour sets and Tiesto definately does marathon sets (although it is a rarity only known to europeans). Rumor tells me that Draper whines whenever he cannot get on the tables, forcing Exit to kick the good DJs off the tables so that Draper can spin his CDs. As siceone said earlier... send him to Jersey where we will never hear of him ever agian!!

*JUST MY OPINION*

EXIT WILL NEVER BE GOOD..IT IS TOO TOURISTY, TOO IMPERSONAL, HELL IT JUST PLAIN SUCKS, ITS WHERE YOU GO WHEN YOU ARE JUST STARTING TO GO TO CLUBS...IF YOU ARE INTO THE SCENE AT ALL, YOU QUICKLY EVOLVE, AND MOVE ON... TO BRING AMAZING DJS INTO EXIT IS LIKE TRYING TO TEACH ORGANIC CHEMISTRY TO FIRST GRADERS, THEY DONT HAVE THE PATIENCE FOR IT AND THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND IT....FUCK GUILIANI FOR CLOSING TWILO!!! i STILL GET PISSED THINKING ABOUT IT..OK, IM DONE VENTING...

*JUST MY OPINION*

-_-mIkEy-_-

Originally posted by karch

Exit is going in the right direction. The only problem is the ravers that get in. But there letting less and less in from before which is good. People should learn how to dress nice and try to look good.

not to start beef or anything but I think the ravers are the only thing right with exit.. the real party kids go there to dance and have to good time and they look good they aren't out to flash all the shit they got just so the can make other people thing they are important and rich..... thats why VINYL is the answer be your self you dont have to pretend to be something your not... whats wrong with Exit it the attitude that people dont belong there.... that space is awesome but its exactly the afforementioned vibe that is killing that club.

Originally posted by siceone

not to start beef or anything but I think the ravers are the only thing right with exit.. the real party kids go there to dance and have to good time and they look good they aren't out to flash all the shit they got just so the can make other people thing they are important and rich..... thats why VINYL is the answer be your self you dont have to pretend to be something your not... whats wrong with Exit it the attitude that people dont belong there.... that space is awesome but its exactly the afforementioned vibe that is killing that club.

I dunno... I don't what's the whole deal of NOT dressing up. I always go "dressed up." And I feel comfy and everything. Maybe for girls it's a different story. I just think like big baggy UFOS, whatever plastic jewelery some wear and stupid ass pacifiers are childish. It's like in elemtary school when kids hate dressing up. Your going out to a club, dress up and look good. Don't people want to look good? That's just my opinion. Not trying to start beef like you said.

I dunno... I don't what's the whole deal of NOT dressing up. I always go "dressed up." And I feel comfy and everything. Maybe for girls it's a different story. I just think like big baggy UFOS, whatever plastic jewelery some wear and stupid ass pacifiers are childish. It's like in elemtary school when kids hate dressing up. Your going out to a club, dress up and look good. Don't people want to look good? That's just my opinion. Not trying to start beef like you said.

a little lesson from london: the stricter the dress code the shittier the music

and about the marathon set thing, 4-5 hours is usually the norm for the headliner, unless its something like a vocal performance

does anyone realize how awesome a venue Exit really is?

Many will say the crowd sucks, draper this boris was that --but in reality centro fly is a bathroom, factory a room compared to Exit.

They should bring in more talent and maybe do away with residentcies. I think alot of people dismiss the overall quality of a space in NYC that Exit offers

Originally posted by grock1841

does anyone realize how awesome a venue Exit really is?

Many will say the crowd sucks, draper this boris was that --but in reality centro fly is a bathroom, factory a room compared to Exit.

They should bring in more talent and maybe do away with residentcies. I think alot of people dismiss the overall quality of a space in NYC that Exit offers

I dont think its the venue that makes a club good. Look at Twilo(RIP). The vibe in there was 100 times better than Exit even though the club itself wasnt that spectacular. Its the music first, and then the people that make the club. I'll take a good dj and people who are there for the music at the smallest club you can think of over Exit any day.......peace :)

Originally posted by siceone

I want people to be them selves I think most of all of course I would like to hang out with people that have some sense of style but really how a person carries them selves and acts is much more important than what you wear.

True true.... very true.

Originally posted by PFloyd40

bro.. pvd's twilo sets were always 6 hours at least.. on a few occasions 6+ and 8 at his two year anniversary this passed april...

On his regular residencys... I remember a DJ opening up for him... and then the crowd going insane when he steps foot in the place..(the floor shakes) that was usualy around 3-3:30ish. Usualy we get kicked out around 630ish... which you can hear him spinning some of his closers. dont get me wrong, i never closed the place out.

The only problem is the ravers that get in. But there letting less and less in from before which is good. People should learn how to dress nice and try to look good.

....Ummmm...I Don't think so!

Let me guess...when you're at Exit this is your attire:

Slacks that you bought from BANG BANG

No shirt

Generic Black shoes

An entire Bottle of Gel in your hair

AN entire bottle of Cologne

Originally posted by glowgrlnyc

....Ummmm...I Don't think so!

Let me guess...when you're at Exit this is your attire:

Slacks that you bought from BANG BANG

No shirt

Generic Black shoes

An entire Bottle of Gel in your hair

AN entire bottle of Cologne

-Slacks from Bang Bang - No, not from bang bang(but close..haha)

-no shirt - No, I usually wear muscle shirts

-generic black shoes - No, I wear Kenneth Coles nothing generic about that.

-entire bottle of gel - No, only a little palm full and hair spray to finish off

-entire bottle of cologne - No, only sprays on the pulse spots

PS. Don't even get me started on raver gear....:) :) :)