Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Carl Cox vs. Danny Tenaglia @ Twilo: The party of the year.

Would you guys believe this Horrible story:

Ok, me and my g/f at the time went out that night to catch this once-in-a-lifetime event (i was SO psyched not only to take my girl out to twilo, but to see the MAN, CARL COX!!)

we get to the city, thinking we'll take money out at the ATM for the event. The only thing is when i slipped my card in, it said my account was BEAT!

I was about to beat my head on the wall when i saw that

SO, to make a long story short, we got all dressed up and psyched to see the "party of the year", but didn't have the cash flow to go :(

I will PRAY that there will be another Danny/Carl show somewhere :)

so random... yet... such a great memory...

i literally did not miss ONE MINUTE of it...

i got there @ 10:15 and stood in line for an hour or so and watch CC get out of his limo with his enturage (sp?) only like 10 or so people cheered cuz they didn't know who he was ("HE'S BLACK!?" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: )

i left @ 3:45pm when they finally kicked us out and Danny decided we had enough... and trust me... HE was ready for MORE... AMAZING...

Best of all... i got each of the posters from that nite... One of the blue one with the HAT and the Red one with the Smile... (or vice versa).... They're stilling hanging on my wall...

Maximan, all I have to say is that I steal got you beat, hehehe, I was there at about 9:45 with my raver gear full in effect, I was there with my boy Mike (clubmouse) and we were holding onto the rope in the front of the line waiting to get in, eventually after a couple of hours, they kicked us out at about 4pm the next day or something like that, all i know is that i have never experienced a night like that in my life........

-Scotty-

I caught half of Cox and DT till about 8 that was the night I think that gay straight black white partykid and jucier model and diva just forgot who they were and got wrapped up in the music. that was the best night I ever had. RIP Twilo

I want that to happen again in the worst

DT and Dave seaman

The tracks those 2 DJs dropped were probably as important as the implications that party had on the NYC club scene. That party was also the beginning of the end of Twilo, when Rudy & Rudy finally found an oversight, took care of them, and put them out of business.

Because of Twilo and that ground-breaking President's Day party:

-Danny Tenaglia became the most powerful man in electronica.

-Every club wanted to get into the guest DJ bandwagon.

-Every club wants the quality of their parties to be as Twilo's was.

and

-Their residents became the highest demanding DJ's in the nation.

It will be very interesting to see where the scene in NY ends up this time next year. Hopefully a club could bring together the right management, scouting, talent, and money to help create a new powerhouse in NYC. Only time will tell, though.

Originally posted by scottyskribz57

Maximan, all I have to say is that I steal got you beat, hehehe, I was there at about 9:45 with my raver gear full in effect, I was there with my boy Mike (clubmouse) and we were holding onto the rope in the front of the line waiting to get in, eventually after a couple of hours, they kicked us out at about 4pm the next day or something like that, all i know is that i have never experienced a night like that in my life........

-Scotty-

WOaH~ now I'M impressed... got me beat... hahah... by 30 minutes... VERY NICE! i bow down to your "CRAZIER-NESS":laugh: :laugh: